News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wish I could go...
Same here, living on the east coast makes a trip to Anaheim very expensive. If I had the extra cash for the sorcerer ticket, I'd probably try to go.

Hoping that the D23 expo will be held in Walt Disney World in 2021 to coincide with the 50th birthday celebration. Probably will not happen though.

Last edited:

Do we know if you can use a QS DDP credit on the first come, first serve Liberty Inn Eat to the Beat QS package?
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned on tuesday's DisUnplugged that it would cost $29.

Speaking of the Aventura Hotel, Tim Tracker just posted a video review:

Looks very IKEA-like. I love the views, though.....and seems like a comfy place to sleep

I was really hoping that they would allow gift card purchases or the ability to charge to your room by my September trip. I'm now realizing that's it's pretty unlikely. Instead of purchasing the dining plan, we load that money onto a Disney gift card so that dining is still prepaid. I guess we still have to stand in line . . .
This is my hold-up as well. I don't see why paying with a gc would be so difficult. Or like you said, it would be about the same to charge to MB....I go every couple days or so to pay down my resort balance with a gc anyway.....

NEWS

So I'll post this in the Riviera thread as well, but I had just received an e-mail to watch a video to enter a DVC resort prize pack with "behind the scenes" stuff. There wasn't very much behind the scenes that those of us here don't already know, but at the end they mentioned the Riviera resort and said "Themed to a Mediterranean seaside Resort". I know we had a debate as to whether it would themed to the Mexican Riviera or the French Riviera - but it appears it is indeed the latter. If I am not mistaken this is the first time this has been stated by Disney.

NEWS

So I'll post this in the Riviera thread as well, but I had just received an e-mail to watch a video to enter a DVC resort prize pack with "behind the scenes" stuff. There wasn't very much behind the scenes that those of us here don't already know, but at the end they mentioned the Riviera resort and said "Themed to a Mediterranean seaside Resort". I know we had a debate as to whether it would themed to the Mexican Riviera or the French Riviera - but it appears it is indeed the latter. If I am not mistaken this is the first time this has been stated by Disney.

Couldn’t it still be the *Spanish riviera?

Same here, living on the east coast makes a trip to Anaheim very expensive. If I had the extra cash for the sorcerer ticket, I'd probably try to go.

Hoping that the D23 expo will be held in Walt Disney World in 2021 to coincide with the 50th birthday celebration. Probably will not happen though.
I don’t see the expo ever being in Orlando.

Assuming this isn’t an injoke I’ve missed, if they say Mediterranean it’ll be the French or the Italian riviera (which are linked). The word itself is Italian.
Oh man my Italian self would love that and I didn’t even think of it!!!
Also I thought people had mentioned the Spanish Riviera before? so that’s why I brought it up.

I was really hoping that they would allow gift card purchases or the ability to charge to your room by my September trip. I'm now realizing that's it's pretty unlikely. Instead of purchasing the dining plan, we load that money onto a Disney gift card so that dining is still prepaid. I guess we still have to stand in line . . .
Mobile ordering might keep me from going this route. It was so incredibly easy and quick!

My mother just flew out to LAX from Philadelphia for $100 one way. You can get out there pretty cheap if you keep an eye out for a flight. She booked 2 months in advance I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter