News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, I think unless someone is travelling soon or is there now they shouldn't worry too much. It feels like the wrong databases are being read and if it can't find your ticket it displays nothing. Too many companies are guilty of letting things get this bad because it costs less than a total rebuild.
Since there have been reports that some are not having issues while others are totally locked out, if it is happening on someone's FP 60 DAY window, it could be a huge factor.

We are given the tools to use for trip planning, and reservations, but if they don't work for everyone the same, it IS a big deal.

Since there have been reports that some are not having issues while others are totally locked out, if it is happening on someone's FP 60 DAY window, it could be a huge factor.

We are given the tools to use for trip planning, and reservations, but if they don't work for everyone the same, it IS a big deal.

Thats why I put that caveat there. I'm not saying it's ok, I'm saying for those who are not doing anything right now there's no sense in worrying.

See I was thinking it was Japanese but alas Google wasn't helping me very much in my quest to figure out what it was saying lol. That does make sense to say that-still not completely certain I would buy one of the items on it but if that's what it says that would make me feel better :)

I had edited my post to include the full Katakan alphabet, but just adding here how it would fit together to make "mickey mouse" ... Katakana is the alphabet used to represent Western sounds
Mickey Mouse Katakana.jpg

I am missing one 10 day hopper, my hotel reservations appear and disappear, and I have about 4 cancelled old dining reservations that have reappeared. Do I wait? Do I call? Any other thoughts or advice?
I’d wait. Likely nothing they’ll be able to do for you until the wider problem is fixed.

I had edited my post to include the full Katakan alphabet, but just adding here how it would fit together to make "mickey mouse" ... Katakana is the alphabet used to represent Western sounds
View attachment 350495
I can always count on DISers to teach me something new for the day. Thanks for the information, it's quite neat actually to see it like that!

So I was curious about the APP - logged on and got:

Pardon the Inconvenience

Some of our digital experiences may be unavailable at this time. We're actively working to resolve this issue and provide the best possible Guest experience.

I did want to mention that I have both an Android (home) and Iphone (work) and used both for MDE when we were down there. The Iphone version seems kind of messed up anyways. It wouldn't always show my FP and reservations.

And in this case today - all my plans are showing up on my Android phone just like normal, including FP+ that are booked with friends.
My IPhone shows NO PLANS AT ALL. None. No Room reservation, no ADR, no FP+.

So is it possible the problems people are having are linked to IOS?

After all your posts, I checked mine:

I have 3 cancelled ADRs with the message - "Sorry, cancellation of this reservation is currently unavailable."
My MNSSHP tickets are gone. We go next Tuesday, so I'll be watching that closely and double check we have our hard tickets packed.

We head to the World on Friday from north Georgia. My FP+ have come and gone with multiple refreshes, but all looks OK on the website now. Here's hoping FP+ will look more like it's normal Wonky Donkey self by the time we're in the parks Friday night!

I did want to mention that I have both an Android (home) and Iphone (work) and used both for MDE when we were down there. The Iphone version seems kind of messed up anyways. It wouldn't always show my FP and reservations.

And in this case today - all my plans are showing up on my Android phone just like normal, including FP+ that are booked with friends.

Yeah I can’t see anything on my iPhone but was able to see things on Chrome on my Mac.

No, I'm all Android - ver 9 on my newer phone with the newest version of the app (4.15) and 7.1.1 on an older tablet with and older version of the app. I get no friends and family (even ones that have been there for years) and they all show a resort reservation that was canceled and refunded long ago... Desktop is similar.

PS - Photopass site is completely down with Fix it Felix and caution tape on it! If they lose my pictures, they're gonna have one ticked mama on their hands! I was going to order the CD after our trip next week, so I didn't download our quick June trip since it's such a hassle.

If we want to further discourse the My Disney Experience issues I suggest we move that to the Theme Parks board where there are threads discussing this.

Well I don't know about that but I definitely don't think the attraction will be VR related.
They may be using the VR experience at the void to test audience response/interest before committing to an attraction. Between the movie coming out and the void, it should give them a better sense of the demand.

Nope -- not entirely, at least. I'm having the same issue directly on the website, no matter what browser I use as well.

The Disney website looks like it has some new animations while it's checking room availability.

I'm not a fan of the latest version of the website. It takes way too long to load the functional parts. If I designed a site like that, I'd get roasted.

Flare at the cost of functionality isn't a good look. Alas, Disney IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter