News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s already four spinners at WDW; I don’t think a fifth is needed. I think it’d look out of place too. I’ve never been to England, but I’m assuming they’re similiar to the U.S. in that there aren’t spinner rides outside of theme parks/fairs etc. Now, a carousel would fit the theming of the park behind the shops and as mentioned above, could be made to look like the one in the movie, though on a larger scale.

Can't say I didn't see this spinner idea coming, but I am still utterly disappointed. Was hoping just once Disney would subvert expectations and do something right for a change (ha!).

In regards to Busch: good stuff. Not thrilled about Tigris, but the fact that they've all but confirmed an RMC conversion of Gwazi is outstanding.

Spinners are great kiddie eaters. I get it's not much to get excited about for adults or even school age kids, but they are necessary for the toddler set. There is not a spinner in EPCOT and really, there is not much for toddlers at all. There are rides they can go on, of course, but Living with the Land isn't really good fodder for the littles. It makes sense to add a spinner in World Showcase, but I do get the sentiment of "bleh.... this is not all that interesting."

In the back area. Not sure on entertainment.

I should have read the link huh? Well, that's just wonderful. I know Epcot needs updating but they are really pushing for the stroller crowd. Norway area is already overflowing with strollers, where on earth will they put all the strollers in England and France? Lol. Should be fun times drinking around the world when all these rides are completed. Oh well, what can ya do :drinking1

Spinners are great kiddie eaters. I get it's not much to get excited about for adults or even school age kids, but they are necessary for the toddler set. There is not a spinner in EPCOT and really, there is not much for toddlers at all. There are rides they can go on, of course, but Living with the Land isn't really good fodder for the littles. It makes sense to add a spinner in World Showcase, but I do get the sentiment of "bleh.... this is not all that interesting."
Unfortunately with my motion sickness these types of rides I can't go on--even though they may be considered kiddie rides. With my husband being so tall I guess I have to hope he can fit if this is the type of ride going there when the times comes for kids and WDW. I was expecting a kiddie type ride but was hoping it was something I could enjoy as well so I'm bummed with that aspect if this rumor pans out.

I think it will fit the scheme if an umbrella opens up as the ride takes off and goes up and down a'la Mary. Spoonful of sugar and other tunes playing of course.

yeah, guess something like that or a "let's go fly a kite" themed where it looks like each vehicle is being pulled/lifted up by a kite or something ... I am sure they can make it work just doesn't feel like the best fit when other ride types could fit better

They've been doing a lot to attract more families with kids to EPCOT - just put in the play area, had the Remmy hunt during F&WF, the kids cooking things, the candy sushi, the updated KIDCOT stations, etc. .... they want all the parks to be attractive to every guest, not some focused on one segment and not the others

We agree. We just don't think all the drinking that goes on mixes with a family friendly atmosphere.

It's not disappointing because it's not an E-ticket (that was expected). It's not disappointing because it's aimed at young children. It's disappointing because they're just putting the same ride in a new spot.

I would hope they could come up with something that would appeal to little kids and at least a little bit to adults.

IMO a spinner of any kind really doesn’t fit with the Epcot theme. I just can’t picture a spinner in Epcot.

As for crowds not everything can be a major capacity eating attraction. I don’t think they have the space in the UK for a large ride like that so it would have to be smaller.

yeah, we may have a different view as we take our kids to breweries and wineries all the time ... we don't see alcohol and families not mixing

I also have never seen anyone super drunk at EPCOT so my experience might be a bit different

Big Italian & Polish family so kids are around adults that drink at all family gatherings and Nona always gives them a few sips of wine. We took the grands two years ago and ran into a few too many who could barely walk and a few who's drinks came back up on em. Lots of swearing too. Wasn't pretty and we had a long talk with the girls about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter