News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
One idea: what if they take the Luigi's Rollikin' Roadster ride system but use carousel horses as the ride vehicles. Could start and end in a circle - like they are on a carousel - and then "break free" and start "dancing" to to the classic Mary Poppins music ... I think something like that could be a decent fit and attract people of all ages

That's a great idea. I am OK with a "simple" MP ride, but a spinner lacks ANY imagination whatsoever. As others have said, a carousel would make infinitely more sense and actually would likely be able to hold more people. The ride should have a British feel as well, and a spinner does not feel at all British to me.

It does seem to cause an issue once you have too many MBs -- it's a known issue. I was told that a hotel room door can only be associated with up to 40 bands (e.g. you have 4 family members with access and each one has 10 bands on their MDE account). After that point, it seems like random bands will not be able to access the room. Making some bands "inactive" online in MDE or marking them "lost" does NOT remove them from this total.

I knew for a while that this could be an issue. This trip, I took the time to go down to the front desk of the hotel and have them DELETE a bunch of old bands from our MDE accounts. I’m told only the front desk can delete bands permanently from the account. I went in and made a bunch of them "inactive" online myself as a way of letting them know which ones to delete.

sorry to bump an old post, but this quoted post is in reference to having a lot of magicbands on your account and some of them not working to open your room door. i called customer service and they permanently deleted all the magicbands that i asked them to over the phone. made all of them "inactive" and the cast member deleted them all for me. took about 5 minutes. just in case anyone wants to do this before going to WDW and doesn't want to go to the front desk.

Spinners are great kiddie eaters. I get it's not much to get excited about for adults or even school age kids, but they are necessary for the toddler set. There is not a spinner in EPCOT and really, there is not much for toddlers at all. There are rides they can go on, of course, but Living with the Land isn't really good fodder for the littles. It makes sense to add a spinner in World Showcase, but I do get the sentiment of "bleh.... this is not all that interesting."

I agree - here's the thing...spend like 5 minutes over on the TPAS board and you'll see threads all the time with questions like "would you take your kids to EPCOT?" "Is there anything for kids to do at EPCOT" I have kids, should I spend a day at Ecpot or Animal Kingdom, etc. etc. etc....there is a need for things to entertain kids around world showcase. Add Mary Poppins and you've now got a ride every few countries (Mexico, Norway, France, England) or at least a few at either end of World Showcase...I think that is a good thing and that whatever they put in should be little kid friendly. At the same time...I'm as tired as Dumbo-style spinners as the rest of you. There are countless creative things they could do with Mary Poppins though...a few have already been mentioned here, so whatever they decide to do could be a little innovative at least.

I agree - here's the thing...spend like 5 minutes over on the TPAS board and you'll see threads all the time with questions like "would you take your kids to EPCOT?" "Is there anything for kids to do at EPCOT" I have kids, should I spend a day at Ecpot or Animal Kingdom, etc. etc. etc....there is a need for things to entertain kids around world showcase. Add Mary Poppins and you've now got a ride every few countries (Mexico, Norway, France, England) or at least a few at either end of World Showcase...I think that is a good thing and that whatever they put in should be little kid friendly. At the same time...I'm as tired as Dumbo-style spinners as the rest of you. There are countless creative things they could do with Mary Poppins though...a few have already been mentioned here, so whatever they decide to do could be a little innovative at least.
Epcot has many things for kids and I'd list them all out but it would be too long. Suffice to say at least the list I compiled Mission Space, Test Track and and Soarin' are the only things to do in Epcot with a height restriction and it's 40inches. There are multiple other rides, all the shows, all the acts that perform throughout World Showcase and all the walk-through type stuff that don't have height restrictions. There are things that little kids can go on. The kicker may be there's not enough of specific interest in those things to warrant a visit to Epcot as a whole-all depends on each traveling party.

Honestly most often people who ask questions about any park likely haven't actually looked at the park's attractions or shows, etc. People's perception of Epcot may be "it's educational thus my kids won't find it interesting" or something along those lines. But conversely I see a lot of posts about MK being too kid oriented thus lessening the appeal to those without young kids--to them at least.

Agree with you on the spinners aspect as I already touched on that earlier. I expected a kiddie ride though given past attractions they can do more that gains a more general appeal.

See I was thinking it was Japanese but alas Google wasn't helping me very much in my quest to figure out what it was saying lol. That does make sense to say that-still not completely certain I would buy one of the items on it but if that's what it says that would make me feel better :)

I can always count on DISers to teach me something new for the day. Thanks for the information, it's quite neat actually to see it like that!

You probably couldn't find it, because it's phonetic. However, it's not completely translatable. They have a "mi" and a "ki" symbol (long e on both), but they didn't choose to do that. They added the "shi" in instead:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter