News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO a spinner of any kind really doesn’t fit with the Epcot theme. I just can’t picture a spinner in Epcot.

As for crowds not everything can be a major capacity eating attraction. I don’t think they have the space in the UK for a large ride like that so it would have to be smaller.

to your point in the other thread, it might be a flat ride that is a different style than a "Dumbo" type ride

One idea: what if they take the Luigi's Rollikin' Roadster ride system but use carousel horses as the ride vehicles. Could start and end in a circle - like they are on a carousel - and then "break free" and start "dancing" to to the classic Mary Poppins music ... I think something like that could be a decent fit and attract people of all ages

Big Italian & Polish family so kids are around adults that drink at all family gatherings and Nona always gives them a few sips of wine. We took the grands two years ago and ran into a few too many who could barely walk and a few who's drinks came back up on em. Lots of swearing too. Wasn't pretty and we had a long talk with the girls about it.

hmmm, didn't see any of that our last trip in EPCOT - did see some guests cursing at each other in Magic Kingdom though ... guess personal experiences might impact opinions

to your point in the other thread, it might be a flat ride that is a different style than a "Dumbo" type ride

One idea: what if they take the Luigi's Rollikin' Roadster ride system but use carousel horses as the ride vehicles. Could start and end in a circle - like they are on a carousel - and then "break free" and start "dancing" to to the classic Mary Poppins music ... I think something like that could be a decent fit and attract people of all ages
that would be quite nice actually!

Now that would be better. I’m just thinking something like dumbo wouldn’t fit well at all.

We agree. We just don't think all the drinking that goes on mixes with a family friendly atmosphere.

I do most of my drinking with my family. :P

I've never seen any real bad behavior in Epcot, though I've only been during F&W once. We did meet a really rambunctious group of Drink Around the Worlders once, but we rather enjoyed them (it was our inspiration to try it ourselves after I turned 21 the next year).

yeah, guess something like that or a "let's go fly a kite" themed where it looks like each vehicle is being pulled/lifted up by a kite or something ... I am sure they can make it work just doesn't feel like the best fit when other ride types could fit better

I just think in that limited space, it is either a spinner or a carousel.

There’s already four spinners at WDW; I don’t think a fifth is needed. I think it’d look out of place too. I’ve never been to England, but I’m assuming they’re similiar to the U.S. in that there aren’t spinner rides outside of theme parks/fairs etc. Now, a carousel would fit the theming of the park behind the shops and as mentioned above, could be made to look like the one in the movie, though on a larger scale.

As someone from UK, in my city at least, we often have some kind of spinner in our city centre, particularly in the school holidays, that are similar to fairground attractions. A Carousel would fit very well with the UK & Mary Poppins theme and would just be something extra to do in WS. :)

A spinner wouldn't be my first choice for England. That being said, I can see it being something for the younger ones, while one parent might be able to sit and enjoy and adult beverage and snack, while parent two spins around in a circle with the kiddos. More of a keep the kids occupied while the adults enjoy themselves too. I don't think you want it to attract adults only groups.
That being said something a bit more unique might be appreciated. Alien saucers/Mater's clone could also work in that scenario as well as a tea cups clone.
I think has more to do with the amount of space they are willing to commit to the project, which sounds like as minimal as possible while being able to say they've added an attraction. Probably doesn't require as much staff to run or maintain either.

NEWS

Disney moves up 4 spots to now be ranked #1 on the Forbes list of Worlds Best Regarded Companies

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-is-no-1-on-forbes-worlds-best-regarded-companies-list/

Forbes worked with Statista, a leading provider of market and consumer data, to survey 15,000 people from 60 countries and find out how they perceive companies’ trustworthiness, social conduct, performance of their products or services, and how they are viewed as an employer.
I guess no one on this survey has had to use MDE to make fastpasses at their 60 day mark recently.

I think it does in the daytime and weeknights. Won't take my grandtinker anywhere near Epcot on a Friday or Saturday night though.

Yeah, it was a weekend. We often do Epcot every evening after a day in another park. Since we stay at BCV, it's a no brainer to walk in to have dinner or a snack and watch the fireworks. Since they are making WS more family friendly, they will be having these weekend issues with parents complaining. Disney will have to curb the few who over imbibe on the weekend nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter