News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd assume it's just marketing as well, but to me it's still a bit off-putting. The trailer that aired during the Super Bowl didn't give me a lot of confidence either. I mean, the toys being alive in what seems like broad daylight with people around...don't get me wrong, I remember the cone scene, but that, man, it wasn't like they were trying to hide the fact that they alive.

yeah, I fully agree (and even made similar mention before - that this is not giving me that emotional hit that they actors promise is coming from the movie .... but hope it is just for these teasers and the actual movie won't have this feel overall )

Subjective to be sure... and different things work for different people! :)

Funny, though... as a child of the 80's, MANY things were rated PG (not even with the "13") back then that most people wouldn't let their younger kids watch these days! My sense is that a lot of kids have heard "worse" at school well before their parents would think to allow them to watch movies/TV with that same content. ;)

maybe - my kids still tattle though when one of them uses the "S-word" ... which is when one of them says "stupid" (not even the real "s-word". So the the word that starts with A that is in this clip is definitely not something they would be comfortable hearing and I wouldn't be comfortable with them hearing.

maybe - my kids still tattle though when one of them uses the "S-word" ... which is when one of them says "stupid" (not even the real "s-word". So the the word that starts with A that is in this clip is definitely not something they would be comfortable hearing and I wouldn't be comfortable with them hearing.
Fair enough. There are enough entertainment options out there making it easy to avoid the ones we're not comfortable with... until we are comfortable with them. :)

Funny, though... as a child of the 80's, MANY things were rated PG (not even with the "13") back then that most people wouldn't let their younger kids watch these days! My sense is that these days, a lot of kids have heard "worse" at school well before their parents would think to allow them to watch movies/TV with that same content at home. ;)

I loved Drop Dead Fred when I was 4 or 5, when I saw parts of it again as an adult I realized that most of the movie went way above my head. That one was PG-13, at least.

Fair enough. There are enough entertainment options out there making it easy to avoid the ones we're not comfortable with... until we are comfortable with them. :)

and really, i have no issue with it existing or even being on the Disney+ service, I just found it odd that this seems to be one of the first things out there that they are saying will be on the service is all

For some reason I had it in my head that the mini golf was going away with the construction for the Cove. Am I mistaken?

For some reason I had it in my head that the mini golf was going away with the construction for the Cove. Am I mistaken?

no, the actual course will still be there but the event building they had there will go away. Article I saw mentioned the parking lot for the minigolf will be cut in about half

Funny, though... as a child of the 80's, MANY things were rated PG (not even with the "13") back then that most people wouldn't let their younger kids watch these days! My sense is that these days, a lot of kids have heard "worse" at school well before their parents would think to allow them to watch movies/TV with that same content at home. ;)

I think it depends a lot on the kid too. I am sure that there are parents who would be shocked, shocked I say, to see some of the things my 9 year old watches and has watched for years now. However, he is mature enough to handle it and enjoys it and knows that he can talk to his mother or I about anything that concerns or confuses him.

I am also very against the puritanical stand that many people seem to take about swearing. I curse like a sailor and have no problem admitting that. They are just words, they are only "bad" if we decide to make them bad. My kids know not to repeat those words because society would consider it improper for a child, but they hear them pretty frequently. There is no shock value to it for them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter