News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

D23 to host 10-year "Fan-niversary" on March 10th at Walt Disney Studios

https://wdwnt.com/2019/02/d23-to-ho...on-with-park-luminaris-archive-displays-more/

On March 10th, D23, the official Disney fan club, will host Gold and Gold Family members for an elegant reception to mark their 10th anniversary. The big night, held at the Walt Disney Studio, will include the opportunity to meet Disney luminaries, take in a bowl of Walt’s famous chili and take photos with Disney characters.

The Walt Disney Archives will also showcase some fan-favorite items and guests can also take in the curated window exhibits celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland and Mickey’s 90th birthday. Guests will also leave with a D23 party exclusive gift as well as a commemorative “D23 10-Year FAN-iversary Celebration” event credential.

I saw mention of this as well however I feel like this would’ve been bigger news. Might have to wait for the injury report to know for sure.

I didn’t post anything about it earlier because I don’t exactly believe the original source. But that article seemed to sum it up fairly well with the more likely outcome if it did happen.

I saw mention of this as well however I feel like this would’ve been bigger news. Might have to wait for the injury report to know for sure.

We still don't really know what happened to the guest at the water park on that one ride (Miss Adventure Falls, was it? I don't do the water parks so I'm not very well versed in the various rides available there). So yeah, we may never know.

We still don't really know what happened to the guest at the water park on that one ride (Miss Adventure Falls, was it? I don't do the water parks so I'm not very well versed in the various rides available there). So yeah, we may never know.
Well Orlando theme parks are required to report injuries which do come out quarterly I believe.

Adventure Falls did seem to be pretty certain with the ride shut down and a few sources on it.

Well Orlando theme parks are required to report injuries which do come out quarterly I believe.

Adventure Falls did seem to be pretty certain with the ride shut down and a few sources on it.

Right, but I saw reports that the guest lost his arm completely and other reports that it was just severely injured. I'm just saying we don't really know for sure other than that a guest was injured and they had to shut the ride down for inspections. Is it back open now?

Right, but I saw reports that the guest lost his arm completely and other reports that it was just severely injured. I'm just saying we don't really know for sure other than that a guest was injured and they had to shut the ride down for inspections. Is it back open now?
I believe it is back open now.

NEWS

D23 to host 10-year "Fan-niversary" on March 10th at Walt Disney Studios

https://wdwnt.com/2019/02/d23-to-ho...on-with-park-luminaris-archive-displays-more/

On March 10th, D23, the official Disney fan club, will host Gold and Gold Family members for an elegant reception to mark their 10th anniversary. The big night, held at the Walt Disney Studio, will include the opportunity to meet Disney luminaries, take in a bowl of Walt’s famous chili and take photos with Disney characters.

This is one of the issues that drives me crazy with D23! How likely is it that someone who does not live on the west coast could attend this event with only a month's notice? I'd really like to attend this but taking time off work, scheduling air travel and a hotel room one month in advance, it's just not going to happen for me.

This is one of the issues that drives me crazy with D23! How likely is it that someone who does not live on the west coast could attend this event with only a month's notice? I'd really like to attend this but taking time off work, scheduling air travel and a hotel room one month in advance, it's just not going to happen for me.

yup fully agree ... give more notice or even have a few of them around the country

It's odd they haven't had even a title or teaser yet. They seem to be treading carefully and not wanting to step on the toes of Captain Marvel or Avengers (not that they even need to advertise for that movie)

They are also still filming with main cast. All the past Star Wars movies under the Disney banner never got a title reveal until shooting officially wrapped. The movie also comes out in Dec and it is only Feb. And, being in marketing, I am sure they don't want to drown out the releases coming out in the immediate future. This is a huge year for them. Both ending the last decade of MCU films and the Skywalker saga

They are also still filming with main cast. All the past Star Wars movies under the Disney banner never got a title reveal until shooting officially wrapped. The movie also comes out in Dec and it is only Feb. And, being in marketing, I am sure they don't want to drown out the releases coming out in the immediate future. This is a huge year for them. Both ending the last decade of MCU films and the Skywalker saga

yeah, we've even discussed here how many movies (and like 90% of them "big" movies) Disney has out this year and if/how they can all be hits or if some will disappoint from a box office $ perspective

Not advertising everything all at once is one way to help (don't remind people of what is coming later, make them focus on the next thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter