News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice garage. I wonder if it will have the sensors like Disney Springs to detect empty spots. Or better ones than Disney Springs. In March, the sensors and number of empty spot signs weren't working well. They had previously been really good.
Both Disneyland garages will have sensors. They have installed them in the M&F structure but aren’t operational yet, Pixar pals will have them when it opens also.

So many projects going on at the resort. I’m excited for all that’s coming to the parks and resorts.

Me too! Although delays are never welcomed, the end products/projects are sure to be worth the wait.

Now, to give conjecture to 2023 and beyond.

Any idea how the Epcot resort walkway will be routed to the bag check? Just curious.

Seeing it today, just like it was before. The path merged with the path from the buses and the skyliner. Then the new bag check will be an L in front of the current bag check.

Seeing it today, just like it was before. The path merged with the path from the buses and the skyliner. Then the new bag check will be an L in front of the current bag check.

It just seems like a giant gap on the short end of the L.

I finally got around to seeing Dumbo. I thought it was good and liked that it was a completely new spin on the story. It seems most of the critics and a lot of people just want a play by play remake of the original, which I don't get.

Looks like it is going to be a big loser at the Box Office, though. Not sure why Disney thinks they have to sink $150M+ plus into every movie, did anyone really expect Dumbo to clear the $400M+ it would've needed to to break even?

Although it does seem to be doing much better internationally than in the States.

I finally got around to seeing Dumbo. I thought it was good and liked that it was a completely new spin on the story. It seems most of the critics and a lot of people just want a play by play remake of the original, which I don't get.

Looks like it is going to be a big loser at the Box Office, though. Not sure why Disney thinks they have to sink $150M+ plus into every movie, did anyone really expect Dumbo to clear the $400M+ it would've needed to to break even?

Although it does seem to be doing much better internationally than in the States.
I think there was more potential in Dumbo to make money than some others.

I also think some critics are using it as the symbol of being anti the volume of these remakes Disney is doing

I definitely agree with your point about the budget though - seems like every movie Disney makes now costs at least $120m and I think many of them would be better off being made for like $60-70m ... then they wouldn't all have to be huge blockbusters just to break even

The first Disney/Fox movie release since the merger.

Went to see it today and was a gulper and heard many folks sob.

https://www.thewrap.com/breakthrough-box-office-disney-fox/

"The film is also a historic one for the film industry, as it will be the first film released by 20th Century Fox under ownership of Disney, which completed its acquisition of the 83-year-old studio last month. It will be one of the final films released through Fox 2000, which Disney is shutting down after it completes the release of its remaining films."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter