News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty significant jump in membership pricing. I'm not a member, is the $100 price tag worth it if you don't attend events?

We alternate years, as we use it for the D23 Expo ticket discounts but no, it’s not worth it. We have tried so many times to go to D23 events, never with any luck. The paid events sell out so fast it doesn’t even matter if you’re on the second the tickets go live.

I just looked at the points as well. And this might be a stupid question but, I thought when they changed points around, that there had to be give and take....Removing some and placing them elsewhere:confused3.... The first one I looked @..SSR every category in every season seems to have gone up & nothing came down.....Am I missing something?:teacher:
1) SSR has no dedicated studio or 1BR...so only the legally declared 2BR lockoffs, dedicated , THV and GV have the legal points balancing requirement. In theory, DVC could make studios and 1BR at 29 points/night each while legally balanced 2BR are 30 point/night. This is the “lockoff premium” and many seem to be very mad about this.
2) With standard and preferred views, they could change some preferred view rooms to standard view. Such a change would look like an increase when it mathematically balanced.

1) SSR has no dedicated studio or 1BR...so only the legally declared 2BR lockoffs, dedicated , THV and GV have the legal points balancing requirement. In theory, DVC could make studios and 1BR at 29 points/night each while legally balanced 2BR are 30 point/night. This is the “lockoff premium” and many seem to be very mad about this.
2) With standard and preferred views, they could change some preferred view rooms to standard view. Such a change would look like an increase when it mathematically balanced.
OK...A bit confusing, but I trust you...But here's another example...OKW, has all studios that went up in all 5 seasons..2 of the 5 in 1br went up while 3 remained same. 2BR 2 seasons down and 3 went up, and all 5 seasons in a GV went up...So even though some of the ones that went down, they don't add up to ALL The ones that went up???

OK...A bit confusing, but I trust you...But here's another example...OKW, has all studios that went up in all 5 seasons..2 of the 5 in 1br went up while 3 remained same. 2BR 2 seasons down and 3 went up, and all 5 seasons in a GV went up...So even though some of the ones that went down, they don't add up to ALL The ones that went up???
It is weird.
I can’t find the example on this forum, but I see on another forum that calculated all point charts. When looking at OKW’s 2BR ..and if you multiply the number of days per season (weekend and weekday) by the points needed to book by the number of 2BR units ... OKW 2BR total points actually went down by an insignificant 0.02%

Yeesh. That D23 increase is rough. I fully admit I pretty much only have a Gold membership for the annual gift, but at $99.99 rather than the usual renewal price I’m seriously reconsidering. Those pins are nice, but that’s quite the jump.

Would the ups and downs all add up across all DVC stock? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter