News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know I'm not the intended market for this (I couldn't care less about the NBA), but is this really going to be a draw? I guess or they wouldn't have built it.
I don't know the NBA market in FL honestly but I think NBA love is very much a regional thing. Here college basketball reigns but in other parts of the U.S. NBA is where its at.

I guess? Like I said, it's not for me. But I wouldn't do Cirque either, so there's that.

Something for everyone!

I don't know the NBA market in FL honestly but I think NBA love is very much a regional thing. Here college basketball reigns but in other parts of the U.S. NBA is where its at.
Rockchalk!!!

Orlando does have an NBA team. So, it depends what this place fully offers I think if locals will come or not.

Got my ticket for Thursday night. I’m interested to see how the Disney community turns out for this movie.

Got my ticket for Thursday night. I’m interested to see how the Disney community turns out for this movie.

We're still debating whether to take the kids. I'm personally very intrigued and have been for a while. My wife's interest has been piqued by the trailers where she was skeptical before. She's very excited for The Lion King. I'm actually on the fence with Lion King. I think it looks great and I love the trailers that pay homage to the original. I think therein lies the problem though. The Lion King is so revered that straying much from it and adding too much to it will upset people. At the same time, just having the same movie but "live action" borders on "what's the point?" I feel like Aladdin, on the other hand, has so much more room to add to the story without making invoking as much disappointment that it's not the original (I like the original, but rewatching it now, there's really not a lot to it, other than Robin Williams' Genie).

A big problem I have with taking the kids to the new Aladdin is their lack of familiarity with the original. They've seen it once or twice when they were very little (they're only 5 and almost 7 now) on VHS at my in-laws. I think Disney has done a disservice to these remakes by not making the originals more readily available leading up to the release. Obviously after November that will be less of an issue, but I really believe this is something that has hurt these remakes. My kids were too young when the live action Jungle Book came out to see in theaters, but I haven't tried to have them watch the live action one yet because they have never seen the original. I want them to know the originals before they see the remakes. I just believe Disney would have been smart to have Aladdin (original) on Hulu/Netflix/even streaming rental in the lead-up to this movie. Heck, even show it a bunch on Freeform or on ABC. If my kids knew Aladdin (original) well, there would be no question that we'd be going this weekend to see the remake in theaters.

So the Christmas Holiday Dessert parties are open for booking but I am on,y seeing dates up
To November 17th. We will be arriving 12/18 and want to book for 12/19 will we need to wait til our 180 day ADR date in order to book the holiday dessert party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter