News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

Chewbacca and Kylo-Ren meet and greets in Disney’s Hollywood Studios have gone to Digital Photopass Photographers. No Cast Member taking pictures in these meet & greets.

BB-8 still has the Cast Member Photopass Photographer.
Do the Digital Photopass Photographers still take numerous random/spontaneous pictures along with the typical family pic? I love the spontaneous moments!

Or, as it is known in the industry "pulling a Chapek"

Merch numbers are down for last quarter. Well, pull Wishes. We can sell a lot of farewell merch. Bookings will also be up because people want to see it one last time.

Wow. Bookings really were up for the last month of it's run. That's fine, we'll just bring it back in a few months after saving a lot on operating costs. Cough MSEP cough. And bookings will go up again because people will be glad it's back!

I think I've figured out their strat.

Agreed. Strikes me as a shallow article by someone who wanted it to fail. Not that I have a lot of faith in most news sources these days, but I'm not super concerned about what "Cosmic Book News" says... unless I'm missing something here... ;)

I also had hard time with the poor grammar. There have been many discussions over the last few years about the changing landscape of media in this country, and how social media, blogging, etc. has really changed media. Well, I think one effect that is not often discussed of the fading of traditional media is that traditionally, journalists either had journalism degrees or English degrees. Now that anyone a "journalist," I believe that we will continue to see a noticeable decline in writing quality.

For the record, I'm not a journalist, English major, or writer, but I appreciate good writing and grammar (I just know I annoy the hell out of my paralegals with adhering to comma rules, etc.).

I also had hard time with the poor grammar. There have been many discussions over the last few years about the changing landscape of media in this country, and how social media, blogging, etc. has really changed media. Well, I think one effect that is not often discussed of the fading of traditional media is that traditionally, journalists either had journalism degrees or English degrees. Now that anyone a "journalist," I believe that we will continue to see a noticeable decline in writing quality.

For the record, I'm not a journalist, English major, or writer, but I appreciate good writing and grammar (I just know I annoy the hell out of my paralegals with adhering to comma rules, etc.).
My mother-in-law well she's got the grammar part down, she has the journalism degree and was all sorts of involved in what her kids wrote (like proof-reading, etc) but you wouldn't believe the stuff she reads on FB and actually believes, not to mention YouTube. She still has amazing grammar skills that's for sure lol.

News

Chewbacca and Kylo-Ren meet and greets in Disney’s Hollywood Studios have gone to Digital Photopass Photographers. No Cast Member taking pictures in these meet & greets.

I was wondering if that roll out was still happening. To me this is the ultimate showing of contempt and greed, basically admitting that they think people will pay whatever they ask regardless of the product.

News

I hate this. I was so glad we had CM's still taking photos our last trip. We had some fabulous impromptu ones.

Long live the Oxford comma!
Ha! I actually first wrote "with insisting on the serial comma," but changed it to "comma rules" instead since another big mistake I see (from other lawyers as well) is not using a comma after a date.

My wife made fun me when I bought this last year, after having it my Amazon cart for 2 years or so: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/0190491485/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1562674481165.png

When it came, she thought it was a mistake, and called me to tell us we got some weird book that no one ordered. I had to tell her it was mine and I'd been wanting it for a long time.

We had our first interaction with a photobox last month at Tink - awful pictures. I'm really nervous about Mickey/Minnie at MK. There was a "tap your band" photopass box thing covered up at the door as we were leaving their meet. I noticed it b/c we'd just used the one next door at Tink. Of all characters, I would think that'd be the worst one since that's one of the most iconic meets that people come to Disney for.

I don’t think the end credit song deserves to be mentioned but the other things I can see why she is being inducted I guess.

Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" was an end credit song for the movie Titanic. It was:
  • One of the best selling singles of all-time
  • Number one in all countries
  • With worldwide sales estimated at 18 million copies, it became the second best-selling single by a female artist in history
  • 1998 Academy Award for Best Original Song
  • Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or Television
So I think an end credit song does deserve to be mentioned.

That seems a little backwards to me. If anything had to be done with a digital photographer, BB-8 is one I wouldn't mind as much, since he doesn't move or interact a whole lot compared to other characters. But who knows, BB-8 could be next.

If I had to guess, I'd probably think it had to do with have to adjust the height of the photo because BB-8 is lower to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter