News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
or operate at a loss and being propped up by the NBA and Disney for 6 months and making a profit the other six months. None of us know the economics of the place yet people are saying it is done already. Heck, I still don't know how they spent all the money re-doing Planet Holleywood. It's never busy either and they made it bigger with the outdoor seating.

Are you really arguing for a brand new venue at Disney Springs to operate at a loss for 6 months on purpose? Planet Hollywood may not sell out every night, but they do quite well considering what the lowest common denominator wants at Disney Springs...not to mention private events.

The NBA Experience is exactly as bad as we all thought

I really loved how the castle looked there especially with the forested hill behind it ... felt like it "fit"

So intrigued to see how this much larger castle looks in the setting of that smallish park
When we visited HKDL 2 years ago, we felt that the mountains around the park made the castle look rather small. I think this change is to rectify that.

Yeah, looks like it. I've seen confirmation of the Royal Majesty Makers but trying to confirm the Muppets too

If the Muppets are leaving at least Michael Bowling will be happy
How do you confirm? The only news source I saw for that has as its only source that the Disney World entertainment calendar didn’t have it on its schedule past 9/30. But that’s how the Disney World entertainment calendar works! They release the low level show schedules 1 month at a time a week or two before the month. Dapper Dans, Happily Ever After, and the Flag Retreat aren't on the calendar past 9/30 either.

How do you confirm? The only news source I saw for that has as its only source that the Disney World entertainment calendar didn’t have it on its schedule past 9/30. But that’s how the Disney World entertainment calendar works! They release the low level show schedules 1 month at a time a week or two before the month. Dapper Dans, Happily Ever After, and the Flag Retreat aren't on the calendar past 9/30 either.

Saw a report the performers were given notice but haven't seen anything like that with regards to Muppets. Possible it is an erroneous report but it is something on top just the calendar based reports going ng around

Saw a report the performers were given notice but haven't seen anything like that with regards to Muppets. Possible it is an erroneous report but it is something on top just the calendar based reports going ng around
Ugh. I was/am very excited to see the Muppets for the first time later this month. But I heard they have several different shows and I guess I’ll just have to watch the others on YouTube.

Ya think Disney regrets buying Jim Henson Studios just a bit?

Ugh. I was/am very excited to see the Muppets for the first time later this month. But I heard they have several different shows and I guess I’ll just have to watch the others on YouTube.

Ya think Disney regrets buying Jim Henson Studios just a bit?

Well, if Jim had lived longer I think it would have been a different story if he was still involved after Disney acquire it, but property has largely been a bit "lost" (other than a few bright spots) since his death

If the two Muppet shows close on October 6th, I’ll be sad to miss seeing it in person by 12 days.

I stumbled across mention of the show on a blog - didn’t know it existed. I really wanted to see Sam the Eagle!!

More cutbacks - Muppets Great Moments in History and Royal Majesty Makers are ending within a month.

See, this pisses me off. The true magical moments that make Disney, "Disney" are disappearing. I know most of you love Galaxy's Edge, but to lose things like this show in order to have Marvel things, or Star Wars things sucks. Period, end of sentence.
This show was FANTASTIC.

I get it's all combined, high ticket prices, people saying no more, upcoming recession, but GE is definitely part of it - they are hedging their bets.

yeah - well, La Cava has agave fiber straws, but otherwise, yeah

Just I know a lot of people don't like paper straws and reusable straws are another option and could see Disney selling themed ones to make more $ and be an alternative for those that don't want to use paper straws
We purchased a pkg of 6 of these reusable straws at Pop this week for $9.99

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter