• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally got why they opened it early at the time, but hind site I think they should have waited. I think there are a lot of people that want to see the land, but aren't going to make a special trip to see an incomplete land - especially those for whom this may be their only trip

sorry, probably taking up too much of the news thread

In the grand scheme of things, opening early was probably the correct way of doing it. They now get two rounds of PR/Marketing hype because of the "soft open" and then again when Rise is open. Not only that, they buffered the crowds so when Rise is open, it's not swamped as much.

Probably a win win and Disney can ride out 8ish months of mediocre press.

If thats how much its filled, it'll cost them more in cups than if i filled it to the brim myself. what a gosh honest waste of an idea. Lets hope this was just a broken pump day or something because if this is truly the plan going forward....its absurd.
Hopefully they will at least put a sign up saying you must request ketchup and mustard so you don't end up leaving the counter and having to trek back through the crazy lines to get cups of condiments

This makes me laugh even if this is for a reduction in waste. It's a hot dog joint. I bet those CMs are going to get tired of being asked all the time and having to refill containers. Plus not really easy to put on your hot dog without a pump. Those containers are ok for dipping of fries though.

Shouldn't be putting ketchup on a hot dog anyways. I think would be breaking the law here. ;)

I wonder how closely Universal is watching Galaxies Edge and how people are liking/not liking the emersion.

Epic Universe concept art shows off pretty contained really themed areas. Yeah people will go for Harry Potter and Nintendo but how will "regular" theme park goers take to Universal Monsters and a big Dracula/Gothic type town.
They know what to do with immersion after Harry Potter so I am not too worried

I have to assume this is to reduce waste...but I would have to ask for like 10 cups if they're only filled that much and I'm not even that much of a ketchup lover!
See I thought it would be because people make such a mess and the space in there is already so tight! BUT they better fill the whole thing up thats crazy!

I know this is off topic but I wasn't sure where to post this. Is anyone else keep getting redirected from this site to the "congratulations u just won" BS. This is the only site that redirects me, I've never been redirected or had those pop ups on any other site I visit but every time I come here it happens, then I have to hit back page and start all over and it happens several times while I'm viewing this site. I have pop up and redirect blocked in my settings and like I said, it only happens with this site. Is there anything I can do to stop this, am I the only one experiencing this. Thanks

I know this is off topic but I wasn't sure where to post this. Is anyone else keep getting redirected from this site to the "congratulations u just won" BS. This is the only site that redirects me, I've never been redirected or had those pop ups on any other site I visit but every time I come here it happens, then I have to hit back page and start all over and it happens several times while I'm viewing this site. I have pop up and redirect blocked in my settings and like I said, it only happens with this site. Is there anything I can do to stop this, am I the only one experiencing this. Thanks
I suggest installing a pop up or ad blocker. Also there is a long thread on the tech board about it. I use an ad blocker on my Mac and my iPhone and have no issues.

Happens on my phone all the time. Not when I'm logged on my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter