News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is interested - posts from someone attending the private event at MK tonight's. Looks like some cool meet and greets out for it

I never got around to writing a business cause to go to the Gartner Symposium when I worked in Risk Management/Cyber Security. Wouldn't have worked anyways. The division of the company I worked for was SUPER cheap.

I'm sorry, can someone help?

How do I order Disney + with the monthly fee? I can't find it anywhere. Do I actually need to wait until the day it starts? Will it be on Roku?

I'm sorry, can someone help?

How do I order Disney + with the monthly fee? I can't find it anywhere. Do I actually need to wait until the day it starts? Will it be on Roku?
It also depends on where you live. So far Disney+ is only available to be ordered in the US. I don't believe any other countries can order it yet. I know we can't in Canada. When I click the link @rteetz provided, it only shows a countdown clock.

Probably the right move for stock price, but it shows the line CEOs are walking. After the NBA debacle, it's hard to ignore the growing influence of China. Disney, of course, is in a particularly perilous position with both Shanghai and HK parks.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-he-won-t-take-position-on-hong-kong-protests

*** Edited Link to actually work. Don't know why the link shows as a robot question, but it does link to the article. At least for me.

Probably the right move for stock price, but it shows the line CEOs are walking. After the NBA debacle, it's hard to ignore the growing influence of China. Disney, of course, is in a particularly perilous position with both Shanghai and HK parks.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-he-won-t-take-position-on-hong-kong-protests

*** Edited Link to actually work. Don't know why the link shows as a robot question, but it does link to the article. At least for me.

Well, Disney's ESPN used a map that China uses to claim all of the South China Sea as their graphic for China when the NBA story hit. I don't think that is staying silent.

Well, Disney's ESPN used a map that China uses to claim all of the South China Sea as their graphic for China when the NBA story hit. I don't think that is staying silent.
If I had to guess, I would say that wasn't signed off on by Iger. I'm guessing someone told a junior graphics guy to get a China map and that was what came from the archives and they ran with it. How many people would spot that difference? If I asked you to get a graphic of the territorial waters of Venezuela would you know about the conflict with French Guiana? I doubt a graphics person at ESPN would either...

If I had to guess, I would say that wasn't signed off on by Iger. I'm guessing someone told a junior graphics guy to get a China map and that was what came from the archives and they ran with it. How many people would spot that difference? If I asked you to get a graphic of the territorial waters of Venezuela would you know about the conflict with French Guiana? I doubt a graphics person at ESPN would either...
Have you ever seen a country represented by a map that used hash lines to represent territorial waters before? It is always graphic map representing the land mass of the country. A graphics person would never use the map ESPN did unless a directive was sent out instructing them to use that map. Hell, the type of graphic ESPN used doesn't even show up anywhere in a google image search of China map or China graphic.

Have you ever seen a country represented by a map that used hash lines to represent territorial waters before? It is always graphic map representing the land mass of the country. A graphics person would never use the map ESPN did unless a directive was sent out instructing them to use that map. Hell, the type of graphic ESPN used doesn't even show up anywhere in a google image search of China map or China graphic.
I believe that is directly taken from China's official territory release. Which would be the most common place to look. I think people see controversy in mistakes all the time. So yes, someone used China's official territory map as opposed to using the International accepted official territory map. As someone who once worked for a newspaper, I could easily see someone going to the graphics department and asking for China's official map and getting this one. That is what it is, from a certain perspective.

The ironic thing, and what really makes me laugh, is the map was released after an official memo saying ESPN will take no sides. So they actually tried to stay neutral and failed, which again points to an error and not a conspiracy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter