News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
D23 Presents Live From Walt Disney Imagineering: A Conversation and Panel Presentation with Oscar®-Winning Inventor and Disney Legend Don Iwerks.

Moderated by Leonard Maltin

D23: The Official Disney Fan Club and Walt Disney Imagineering invite you to join a special livestream event direct from the Walt Disney Imagineering campus in Glendale, California, with Disney Legend Don Iwerks. Don will share personal stories from his newly released book Walt Disney’s Ultimate Inventor: The Genius of Ub Iwerks. He will also give an inside look at how Disney Imagineers and filmmakers innovated new methods of storytelling, resulting in some of the most beloved attractions and experiences, as well as film and animation works developed in the last century.

Don’s presentation will be followed by a panel discussion about the history of Disney Innovation moderated by film critic and historian Leonard Maltin. The panel will feature Don Iwerks alongside Bob Weis, president, Walt Disney Imagineering; Linda Folsom, senior media producer, Walt Disney Imagineering; and Leslie Iwerks, the filmmaker behind The Imagineering Story docuseries on Disney+.

Be sure to look out for other special guests in attendance during the event!

DETAILS: This livestream event will take place on Wednesday, December 11

3–5:30 p.m. PST
Pre-show begins at 2:30 p.m. PST

Got an email from Disney that Chita Rivera is unable to do the Candlelight Processional and will be replaced by Alton Fitzgerald White for our show on 12/11. Not sure if he’s taking both days of her shows or just the one though.

Got an email from Disney that Chita Rivera is unable to do the Candlelight Processional and will be replaced by Alton Fitzgerald White for our show on 12/11. Not sure if he’s taking both days of her shows or just the one though.

He will be there on the 11th and the 12th. You won't be disappointed. He is wonderful!

FYI - for those interested, this appears to be the thread were people who went to opening day of Rise of the Resistance are painting their real-time updates.

Also, they are using boarding groups to get into the queue for the ride, not to the land, and having a reservation at Oga's, etc does not guarantee you get into the ride

Latest is that the ride went down already and paper FPs issued to those that were in the queue

https://www.disboards.com/threads/rotr-opening-day-week-wwyd.3763339/

Two quick update on rise of the Resistance:
- the ride is back up and running, people have successfully gotten through
- sign posted that all boarding groups are full/used for the day ... so basically needed to be at the park prior to about 8am to get into a boarding group (and still no guarantee you get to ride if there are more technical issues)

Drones were cool even if rather short. Can't wait to ride!
There was an awkward pause before Bob Chapek came up. Maybe there was supposed to be more of the drones at that point? Would be curious what the problems with them were that their flight was cut so short.

So summary of Rise of the resistance thus far based on that thread.
Opened early.
Has had at least one down period of 20-25 minutes.
They are doing boarding groups.
People like it. Some people are grumpy about the down time on day one. Currently running at the moment.

somebody help me....why is freeform taking a great old show, party of five, and turning it into a political statement piece. Shame on freeform and shame on DIS. Can't wait to see what happens to the old DIS titles as well.

somebody help me....why is freeform taking a great old show, party of five, and turning it into a political statement piece. Shame on freeform and shame on DIS. Can't wait to see what happens to the old DIS titles as well.

I'm sorry if the idea of someone's parents being deported is less comfortable a storyline for you than parents being killed in a car crash.

I'm sorry if the idea of someone's parents being deported is less comfortable a storyline for you than parents being killed in a car crash.
siren, you make the my argument for me. As I have lost somebody due to drunk driving, and we are all immigrants. Both are important topics (unfortunately only one is political). I am not minimizing the current political climate. But, Disney can be different and allow us to escape the current news....not continually re-invent it. Whats next? Sleeping beauty and the me too movement? Snow White demands reparations for the dwarfs? C'mon, ease up and agree to disagree, at least change the title to fiest de cinco. Let the old story stand and the new one stand on its own.

Of all of the Disney animation remakes, I'm looking forward to this one the most!
I really agree. I love the animated one but you can tell they really took the time to think out how to apply bits and pieces of the animated version with new story lines for a live action version.

The trailer over the summer gave us that nostalgic feel but this trailer def. shows how this movie may be more of a compliment to the animated version rather than an animated version just done with actual actors. And I enjoy that they seemingly have incorporated some known characteristics of Chinese film and culture (think some moves from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon if anyone has seen that) more than they probably could have done justice with the animated version.

I'm excited for it :)

siren, you make the my argument for me. As I have lost somebody due to drunk driving, and we are all immigrants. Both are important topics (unfortunately only one is political). I am not minimizing the current political climate. But, Disney can be different and allow us to escape the current news....not continually re-invent it. Whats next? Sleeping beauty and the me too movement? Snow White demands reparations for the dwarfs? C'mon, ease up and agree to disagree, at least change the title to fiest de cinco. Let the old story stand and the new one stand on its own.

So, just watch the old one..... :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter