News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - at least at the Skyliner they have signs out saying the boarding groups for Rise of the Resistance are done for the day .... I think that is good so people know before they head to the park

This kills my plan of convincing my wife it wouldn't be too terrible to head down there Saturday........

Guess we will hold out until January :(

This kills my plan of convincing my wife it wouldn't be too terrible to head down there Saturday........

Guess we will hold out until January :(

I would continue to monitor to see how tomorrow goes ... if you do head down on Saturday I would plan to be there by like 6am / 7am at the latest

I really agree. I love the animated one but you can tell they really took the time to think out how to apply bits and pieces of the animated version with new story lines for a live action version.

The trailer over the summer gave us that nostalgic feel but this trailer def. shows how this movie may be more of a compliment to the animated version rather than an animated version just done with actual actors. And I enjoy that they seemingly have incorporated some known characteristics of Chinese film and culture (think some moves from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon if anyone has seen that) more than they probably could have done justice with the animated version.

I'm excited for it :)
My understanding is that this movie is not a compliment to the animated version. It's not a musical (I'll miss that part) nor is the character Mushu in this movie.

We cannot wait to see this one! As others have said, it's probably the live action remake I'm most looking forward to!

Hey there - Am I doing something wrong? the AppStore says I have the latest version of MDE, but I don't see RoR listed on wait times? I am sitting at work (as it snows) and envious of everyone down there. I just want to play along at home.

Hey there - Am I doing something wrong? the AppStore says I have the latest version of MDE, but I don't see RoR listed on wait times? I am sitting at work (as it snows) and envious of everyone down there. I just want to play along at home.
Since they are using boarding groups there is no actual 'wait time' to list. That is my guess as to why it's not showing up.

The Touring Plans app is also displaying 'Brd Grp Only' so no actual wait times either.

There are no wait times because they are using boarding passes instead. You can only join a boarding group if you are IN the park (and all boarding groups are full right now for today).

There are no wait times because they are using boarding passes instead. You can only join a boarding group if you are IN the park (and all boarding groups are full right now for today).

Is there a thread out there showing how to join a boarding group? Just want to start getting prepared...

My understanding is that this movie is not a compliment to the animated version. It's not a musical (I'll miss that part) nor is the character Mushu in this movie.

We cannot wait to see this one! As others have said, it's probably the live action remake I'm most looking forward to!
Oh I think I may be using a way different definition of compliment than you are. When I said that I meant it didn't appear to be a scene by scene song by song version of the animated one (like Beauty & the Beast for example even if you add in a new song or two); yes I do remember though that the no-song thing was something people wondered how they would like it.

I was thinking it would be something those who really love the animated one could still really appreciate the live action one for how they took the story direction and it looked like there were some nods here and there to the animated version to engage those who loved that version. I know in the past that's been a criticism of some of the live actions where it was just a repeat of the animated version. I don't consider Beauty and the Beast (2017) to be a compliment of the animated version but rather mostly a reboot if you will (best wordage I can think of lol) even though I enjoyed the 2017 version.

I was thinking it would be something those who really love the animated one could still really appreciate the live action one for how they took the story direction and it looked like there were some nods here and there to the animated version to engage those who loved that version. I know in the past that's been a criticism of some of the live actions where it was just a repeat of the animated version. I don't consider Beauty and the Beast (2017) to be a compliment of the animated version but rather mostly a reboot if you will (best wordage I can think of lol) even though I enjoyed the 2017 version.

THIS.

I am honestly not a fan of the live action reboots of the cartoons. Especially when it's shot-for-shot the animated movie. I love when they can revisit an old film but make it something NEW. It's one of the reasons I'm really looking forward to this version of Mulan.

Anyone with any first hand experience on how early you need to get in line without a Dining Package for the Candlelight Processional with NPH the last few days? I was thinking about going tonight since we obviously won't be riding RotR at closing like we had considered.

Anyone with any first hand experience on how early you need to get in line without a Dining Package for the Candlelight Processional with NPH the last few days? I was thinking about going tonight since we obviously won't be riding RotR at closing like we had considered.
When there is a popular narrator the earlier the better.

Is there a thread out there showing how to join a boarding group? Just want to start getting prepared...

This is the link to the subforum for Galaxy's Edge - there are dedicated threads to the different discussions
https://www.disboards.com/forums/star-wars-galaxys-edge-info-planning.204/
It is pretty straight forward- you can open up MDE on your phone right now and first page has a link for Galaxy's Edge and it has info right there, but the button to "get a boarding group" won't be active since you aren't in DHS

When there is a popular narrator the earlier the better.

Yeah, I was just hoping to get an idea from the past couple days how late is definitely too late. I think I'd rather go back to studios to try and see the drones, so if it's going to be a 4 hour wait for CP I'll definitely try to sway the wife in a different direction. 8:15 is the last showing, so even if it's "only" a 2 hour wait we'd be pushing it at this point.

Probably late to the party but watched a YouTube of Minnie’s Christmas firework show. I thought it looked spectacular on video must be magnificent live. I was glad to see that the projections were more incorporated with the pyro than separate. I know there has been some speculation on cutting down on the pyro in favor of projections in the past. This show certainly sets my mind at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter