• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Disney and phone case companies look at numbers of how many people are estimated to own each phone and since the iPhone 6 is likely a lower number its not in their best interest to make that size. I would assume people with a 6 or lower are more likely to upgrade their phone soon rather than not as well.
What about the iPhone X, though... I didn't see it listed... would seem odd if they don't have a case for that given how recent it is (though I know it didn't sell as well as they'd hoped).

What about the iPhone X, though... I didn't see it listed... would seem odd if they don't have a case for that given how recent it is (though I know it didn't sell as well as they'd hoped).
Could be just not out in that style yet? Doesn’t Disney and otterbox do an iPhone X case in other styles or themes? I know D-tech does iPhone X, XS, XS Max.

I had a D-tech case for my 8+ but haven’t bought one yet for my XS Max.

Could be just not out in that style yet? Doesn’t Disney and otterbox do an iPhone X case in other styles or themes? I know D-tech does iPhone X, XS, XS Max.

I had a D-tech case for my 8+ but haven’t bought one yet for my XS Max.
Otterbox does have a few XS Max models listed on its website (Mickey, Minnie, Retro, Little Mermaid, Incredibles, etc). The designs are so-so IMO. If I see either of these new ones go to the XS MAX, I will probably buy it even though I may turn the phone in 7 months from now.

The only D-tech on demand case I purchased was for my 6s Plus. I wanted to get one for my 7 Plus, but the design I wanted wasn't available. They CMs said something about the cropping with its camera hole. I stopped looking after that :sad1:

Otterbox does have a few XS Max models listed on its website (Mickey, Minnie, Retro, Little Mermaid, Incredibles, etc). The designs are so-so IMO. If I see either of these new ones go to the XS MAX, I will probably buy it even though I may turn the phone in 7 months from now.

The only D-tech on demand case I purchased was for my 6s Plus. I wanted to get one for my 7 Plus, but the design I wanted wasn't available. They CMs said something about the cropping with its camera hole. I stopped looking after that :sad1:
I wasn’t thrilled with my last D-tech case so that’s why I haven’t rushed to get one when I got the XS Max.

As a college football fan, I'm really curious what the FSU (I assume this is Florida St University) possum is...

It was working a few weeks ago.

About half way through he pops down and says it, just b4 the incline.

Some FSU grad put it in during some construction.

Who doesn't plan for Halloween in January, right? Ugh. This is crazy early. Even by Disney standards.
Well people who really love Halloween start planning Nov 1 the previous year, to be honest. And Universal announced Halloween Horror Nights dates months ago. Seaworld already has their 2019 Halloween countdown posted. Plus Florida kids go back to school in August, so for us it's not summer, it's fall. I realize that doesn't help our northern visitors, but fall festival season definitely starts earlier than October in Florida. We'd never have enough time to fit everything in if it didn't.

I agree they can do better, and wish they would. I just think it is unrealistic to expect all of those effects to be working every day, or even to be repaired quickly when they do fail. You can take rides down a lot easier in parks that are less crowded. WDW resort parks average 50k+ guest a day compared to 30k in Tokyo and 27k in cali. MK is 10% busier than Disneyland and 20% busier than Tokyo disneyland. That might not sound like much, but 20% is 10k people a day You need as much capacity as possible to eat those bodies.

I get that - and also don’t expect 100% of effects to work 100% of the time and do get how crowded WDW and how people get upset if a ride is down for their “once in a lifetime trip” - but I also think part of it is that the DLR guests seem to demand higher quality whereas WDW guests just sort of take it

Not saying his list is going to fix anything but I think a lot of media outlets are covering the issues with Toy Story Land, for example, so hopefully that is a signal to mgmt that they can do better

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but WDWNT came out with a list of malfunctions and things wrong in the parks. It’s disappointing to see some of the more simple things that Walt would have had fixed in a matter of hours.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/01/introduci...ffects-damaged-items-and-more-from-the-parks/

Here's my opinion; perhaps we should all email the bigwigs at WDW when there are things we personally notice when we go. Not as in complaining about them, but if people truly believe they don't realize that paying guests that were just there see and notice these things, then perhaps actual action (such as a personal email) and not just lists on the web are in order...

'[Cameron] said: "One day I'll be working on scenes from [Avatar] 2, the next day I'll be working on scenes from 3, and the actors come in and go, 'Oh, we're working on 3 today.'"'

Why does this quote bother me so much? I'm sure this quote is more lighthearted, and I know I'm not familiar with how multiple super high budget hollywood movies are made, but I would think the crew would have...I don't know...a schedule? I'm sure they did, but again, it's just the perception. Painting the actors like they don't know what they are doing the day of shooting...doesn't give me the vibe of confidence. And he said that each movie is going to be self contained, right?

I love Hunchback, but I don't need this. The animated one was perfect. I am glad that Menken and Schwartz are onboard for the music, though.

As big of a fan as I am of the animated film, I don't know if I would say it's perfect. I like it has perfect moments, but as a whole, probably not.

Forget about the Black Widow movie...if there's a movie that deserves an R-rating it's a live action Hunchback. Judge/priest kills a gypsy woman and is about to kill her deformed baby but is guilt-ed by the church to take him in and care for him. Instead he locks him up in a bell tower and keep him a secret from society. Quasi musters up the strength to go outside and upon revealing his real face is immediately ridiculed and mocked. Judge/priest lusts over a gypsy girl but because he can't have her wants to kill her. During his search he locks a family (with children) in their house for harboring gypsies and then sets the house on fire. He finds the gypsy girl and goes to burn her at the stake....YOU KNOW...A FAMILY MOVIE!

As big of a fan as I am of the animated film, I don't know if I would say it's perfect. I like it has perfect moments, but as a whole, probably not.

Forget about the Black Widow movie...if there's a movie that deserves an R-rating it's a live action Hunchback. Judge/priest kills a gypsy woman and is about to kill her deformed baby but is guilt-ed by the church to take him in and care for him. Instead he locks him up in a bell tower and keep him a secret from society. Quasi musters up the strength to go outside and upon revealing his real face is immediately ridiculed and mocked. Judge/priest lusts over a gypsy girl but because he can't have her wants to kill her. During his search he locks a family (with children) in their house for harboring gypsies and then sets the house on fire. He finds the gypsy girl and goes to burn her at the stake....YOU KNOW...A FAMILY MOVIE!

I like to forget the "A Guy Like You" song exists sometimes. :P There is a bit too much of the gargoyles.

'[Cameron] said: "One day I'll be working on scenes from [Avatar] 2, the next day I'll be working on scenes from 3, and the actors come in and go, 'Oh, we're working on 3 today.'"'

Why does this quote bother me so much?
Everything about James Cameron bothers me -- always has. I'm in the "hated Avatar" camp, so I couldn't possibly care less about 2 and 3, though. The only thing that might be useful is if there are more vistas and creatures that Disney can eventually use to add on to Pandora. Period. :)

Why does this quote bother me so much? I'm sure this quote is more lighthearted, and I know I'm not familiar with how multiple super high budget hollywood movies are made, but I would think the crew would have...I don't know...a schedule? I'm sure they did, but again, it's just the perception. Painting the actors like they don't know what they are doing the day of shooting...doesn't give me the vibe of confidence. And he said that each movie is going to be self contained, right?

I am definitely no film expert either but I would think it matters more in some stages and less in others. If they have the scripts totally done and all the scenes blocked and stuff like that, it probably doesn’t matter as much ... but I do get where you are coming from

Guess we shall see! I am interested to see how the underwater scenes look in as that is the new technology / techniques he was working on for film 2

Here's my opinion; perhaps we should all email the bigwigs at WDW when there are things we personally notice when we go. Not as in complaining about them, but if people truly believe they don't realize that paying guests that were just there see and notice these things, then perhaps actual action (such as a personal email) and not just lists on the web are in order...

^^^^^^^

Personally, the only thing I notice that drives me nuts is that hoard of hair ties at the top of the Forbidden Mountain.

I am definitely no film expert either but I would think it matters more in some stages and less in others. If they have the scripts totally done and all the scenes blocked and stuff like that, it probably doesn’t matter as much ... but I do get where you are coming from

Guess we shall see! I am interested to see how the underwater scenes look in as that is the new technology / techniques he was working on for film 2
I would think it's just a normal part of the somewhat-rare process of shooting multiple films simultaneously. The director and his team have to be juggling all sorts of schedules, and part of the point of combining the productions is that sets/scenes are being used in both, so there probably are some mental gymnastics the actors have to go through when they are bouncing back and forth between movies. But they are professionals and that's part of the job, so I'm not worried about it. James Cameron has repeatedly proved successful at realizing his creative visions on a grand scale, and I personally can't wait to see any and all Avatar sequels!

It helps if you realize that movies aren't necessarily shot in sequential order. Let's say you have a scene in 2 and a scene in 3, but they're both at the same location, like the big glowy tree of life (whatever it was called). You might shoot both scenes for the two different episodes the same week since they both take place at the one location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter