• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, we've even discussed here how many movies (and like 90% of them "big" movies) Disney has out this year and if/how they can all be hits or if some will disappoint from a box office $ perspective

Not advertising everything all at once is one way to help (don't remind people of what is coming later, make them focus on the next thing)

I have 0 faith in any of the 'live action' remakes other than Lion King. I have a feeling that Aladdin will be a disaster. Which, it already kind of is haha

I have 0 faith in any of the 'live action' remakes other than Lion King. I have a feeling that Aladdin will be a disaster. Which, it already kind of is haha

Ugh I really resent everyone's conviction that Aladdin is going to bomb. I don't know what people expected it to look like or why we can't handle Will Smith as the genie when he makes perfect sense to me. I don't get it.

Ugh I really resent everyone's conviction that Aladdin is going to bomb. I don't know what people expected it to look like or why we can't handle Will Smith as the genie when he makes perfect sense to me. I don't get it.
I'm excited for it (for whatever that is worth). The Disney movies I have to see in theater this year include Aladdin, Lion King, Toy Story, and Frozen. Anything else is a bonus.

I am not a big fan of the remakes in general, but of the ones coming out this year I think I am most intrigued by Aladdin as I think it could be a bit of a different take on it - I mean, it might be a disaster but also might be unique and very good!

Will Smith is one of the few things (probably the only thing) I don't hate about this version from what I have seen. IMO Guy Ritchie hasn't made a good movie in years so I don't think he was a good choice for this. I don't like what I have seen from the costumes so far. I thought they looked like costumes from a parody version of Aladdin. I don't like that they made Jafar young and attractive and a lot more.

I don't mind be proven wrong. I welcome it. But so far I think this looks terrible.

I don't get it either, I am really looking forward to it and I think Will Smith will make a great Genie!

Will Smith is just a vastly different choice than Robin Williams, which is what they had to do, but Aladdin succeeded because of Genie. Change Genie too much and you have a different film. I think it’s the better direction to go personally, but Will Smith also hasn’t been exactly reliable at the box office for a while. I think Aladdin and Dumbo (and probably Artemis Fowl) are going to be fighting an uphill battle.

Will Smith is just a vastly different choice than Robin Williams, which is what they had to do, but Aladdin succeeded because of Genie. Change Genie too much and you have a different film. I think it’s the better direction to go personally, but Will Smith also hasn’t been exactly reliable at the box office for a while. I think Aladdin and Dumbo (and probably Artemis Fowl) are going to be fighting an uphill battle.

I know as well know but also James Monroe Iglehart did an amazing job as Genie in the Broadway show - so you have two previous amazing examples that he has to match up against

I still have hopes - but it also could go very wrong

News

Apparently Spectaculab closed in January inside Innoventions

I peaked in Innoventions the other day when we were down there. Literally no one in the place despite the epic downpour and cold temps. If you close an item no one uses, does anyone care? They've been gutting Innoventions for years. It's just more wasted space at the moment. Which describes a significant portion of EPCOT...

Don't know about others... my reasons are 1) nobody can replace Robin Williams -- not too bright to try, 2) I think Will Smith is a horrible choice for Genie -- I understand they couldn't just mimic Williams, but this seems a particularly poor match, 3) I dislike the live action remakes in general, 4) when was the last good Guy Ritchie movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter