News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you it would be impossible if you were trying to get them all to match. But if you had more than a couple different ones it would probably lose the effect.

I like the idea I came up with having a few key one wearing masks (full or half) that changed their voices. Especially the CMs that are trying to hide their actions from the storm troopers.

I think having a few that are morr trained actors and either wear a masks or can do an accent would be cool. I am fearful this is the type of thing that gets cut from the budget first - and there was one story of the "streetmosphere" getting cut /reduced

We typically go the last week of August before our kids go back to school and we find it quite nice. It is really hot but park hours are generally longer so we go early and late and do midday breaks and crowds have been manageable the last few years

I have a trip planned for May of next year...but I'm considering moving it to the summer. It's just so hard to predict what next year will be like post-SWGE. Especially if there are any shenanigans with FP+

I think they just need to add more Wookies in general to Galaxies Edge, not just Chewy but maybe Chewies family from the Christmas special no need to worry about accents with casts members like that.

I have a trip planned for May of next year...but I'm considering moving it to the summer. It's just so hard to predict what next year will be like post-SWGE. Especially if there are any shenanigans with FP+

Plus timing of anything else new opening. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway I believe is supposed to be early 2020 (like February) but I also think Rat will open next year, but not sure exactly when. I don't think we can expect Tron or Guardians before 2021, but you never know

Plus timing of anything else new opening. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway I believe is supposed to be early 2020 (like February) but I also think Rat will open next year, but not sure exactly when. I don't think we can expect Tron or Guardians before 2021, but you never know

Rat may be April/May 2020 but that isn't confirmed. I really want to see Flower & Garden so I will probably just make it a long trip and go in May. I've been there at Christmas so I can probably handle anything haha

Castle Couture will no longer be accessible to those without a BBB reservation? WTH Disney? We usually buy one of the nicer dresses from there each trip for our daughter's collection (not the crazy nice ones!). I wonder if and where they will move the higher quality dresses (the ones around 100 bucks / 80 bucks with AP discount : ) )?

Random question...with the new area in France for the Remy ride, has there been any news on whether there would be a meet and greet?

Random question...with the new area in France for the Remy ride, has there been any news on whether there would be a meet and greet?

As in meet and greet Remy? Not that I have heard of, but then again besides the fab five Disney doesnt tend to do to many meet and greets for animals in its Disney collection. I mean how long did it take them to get Scrooge McDuck a meet and great lol

Castle Couture will no longer be accessible to those without a BBB reservation? WTH Disney? We usually buy one of the nicer dresses from there each trip for our daughter's collection (not the crazy nice ones!). I wonder if and where they will move the higher quality dresses (the ones around 100 bucks / 80 bucks with AP discount : ) )?

Were too many people getting the "free pixie dust"?

Wow! That's amazing!!

While I would love to think the same thing will happen at WDW, I don't want to get my hopes up as it's really like comparing apples to oranges.
- DL is mainly local guests (outside of those who went specifically for SWGE) whereas WDW is mainly guests who are at Disney for an extended period of vacation time.
- DL offered a great reservation system. It appears WDW may do a virtual queue which will work much differently.

As time goes on, it appears people are thinking guests will stay away from WDW when SWGE, similar to what happened at DL. I received updated TP numbers and they're showing Epcot at 1s (Fridays and Sundays) 2 and 3 weeks into Food and Wine and 4s on Saturdays. Those predictions seem super low for the beginning weekends of Food and Wine!

I guess only time will tell. I'm looking forward to hearing how WDW decides to manage crowds/reservations/queues at SWGE and how the rest of the parks will fare.
If that happens it will be nice for guests but a disaster for Disney if most of WDW is empty except for DHS. I think they wanted SWGE to increase overall attendance to ALL of WDW.

If this is the result it won't be the Harry Potter-swatter many thought it could be and will just be a very, very expensive addition with very little growth in overall gusts at WDW. Of course, it will have the effect of pushing DHS into 2nd place in attendance for the 4 WDW gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter