News Round Up 2020

He did say that there was only about 20 of them there and they had different times to go in. Disney did invite him which probably made a difference.
yeah but he didn't say he would go only if Disney invited him. It's a bit hypocritical but I'm glad he went. They seem to be overly fearful so maybe this helped him get over his fear. I did find it odd that he's the ONLY vlogger (I've probably watched 25 of them over the last few days) that didn't find the mask hot and frustrating. lol

yeah but he didn't say he would go only if Disney invited him. It's a bit hypocritical but I'm glad he went. They seem to be overly fearful so maybe this helped him get over his fear. I did find it odd that he's the ONLY vlogger (I've probably watched 25 of them over the last few days) that didn't find the mask hot and frustrating. lol
The mask part doesn't bother me. I have worn one at work for the past few months. I honestly don't even notice it there anymore.

He did say that there was only about 20 of them there and they had different times to go in. Disney did invite him which probably made a difference.

Part of me wonders how much Disney uses influencers like him to get the word out on things like this, or to influence people’s opinions. I never really thought about it until this.

have you worn them outside in 90 degree heat in Orlando though? I've watched so many vlogs at city walk and every single one of them have complained about how hot and uncomfortable they are. Just making an observation.
Even wearing shorts and a shirt is pretty hot and uncomfortable in 90 degree Florida heat, but people make do. :)

I've been wearing a mask in 95 degree heat in California whenever I go out, and of course it's not as comfortable as wearing nothing, but I didn't feel like I was dying at any point. Everyone has a different tolerance, however. (Disclaimer: I know Florida is more humid, so no need to remind me. Lol)

I am surprised he went since they have both been pretty adamant in other videos they would not be going to Springs or the parks when they open. Just goes to show, people’s opinions on this change over time. Polls from 3 weeks ago will look different from today. And that’s ok. People are allowed to change their minds.

It wasn't the opening. It was a media event with about 10 people if you watch the video.

Part of me wonders how much Disney uses influencers like him to get the word out on things like this, or to influence people’s opinions. I never really thought about it until this.

You really haven't thought of it until now? Why do you think there are so many media events?

You really haven't thought of it until now? Why do you think there are so many media events?

I assume mostly to just generate buzz and excitement.

This is the first time I thought they might actually pay or encourage certain vloggers to state what might be unpopular opinions to try and sway people’s opinions or at the very least get them used to the ideas. I specifically thought of this in the video they read the Universal survey and give their answers.

yeah but he didn't say he would go only if Disney invited him. It's a bit hypocritical but I'm glad he went. They seem to be overly fearful so maybe this helped him get over his fear.

I don't think this necessarily means he's changed his mind about going once they open. Going today, when there are only a small list of people handpicked by Disney in attendance is very different from being there with the general public once Springs is actually open. And I believe that is what he discussed previously----that when these things first opened, he would not be going. Mind you, perhaps I am remembering incorrectly. :)

I don't think this necessarily means he's changed his mind about going once they open. Going today, when there are only a small list of people handpicked by Disney in attendance is very different from being there with the general public once Springs is actually open. And I believe that is what he discussed previously----that when these things first opened, he would not be going. Mind you, perhaps I am remembering incorrectly. :)

I can't remember if I saw the video where he is so adamantly against it, but I have not watched every single video, so I may have missed that one.

I wish he would have asked about hand washing in a restaurant. I don't want to wash my hands before taking off my mask. I would like to get seated, take mask off, go wash hands, eat, etc. If I wash before I sit and then take off the mask my hands will be contaminated. And no using hand sanatizer isn't a good trade off when there is a bathroom right there to wash my hands in
I’ll have to disagree with you on this one. If you’re allowed to remove your mask and walk around the restaurant as you make your way to and from the restroom to wash your hands, you will pass by numerous other tables who are not wearing masks as they are consuming their food. I would not be happy to have people walking by my table if they are not wearing a mask. I feel masks should stay on until you’re seated and any time people walk around they should be wearing their masks.

possibly you could wash your hands then use a disposable bag to remove your mask before eating? I use plastic bags to pump gas then throw the bag in the trash before entering my car.
I am surprised he went since they have both been pretty adamant in other videos they would not be going to Springs or the parks when they open. Just goes to show, people’s opinions on this change over time. Polls from 3 weeks ago will look different from today. And that’s ok. People are allowed to change their minds.
It was VERY controlled today with very few people. I have no desire to go to Disney Springs tomorrow but can 100% see why he felt comfortable going today snd providing information to all of us. I’m thankful he went.

I appreciate that he went and I felt like his video was very informative. I sure don’t feel like it matters why or why not he changed his mind. Nobody’s business. I think he is very sincere about the mask and I don’t believe he was paid to say that. They are very cautious, almost too cautious, but once again their choice, their business.

Watching the Disney Springs video makes me realize that there may be one benefit to this - to bring the level of service to the customers at Disney back up to a higher level. I think part of the problem is that it has gotten so crowded over the last 20 years that it's hard to provide the same level of service they used to. With reduced crowds, and a greater focus on guest and CM behavior, the experience of the DIsney Parks may actually improve significantly - if you can stand the mask.

Because - and I'm sorry if this bothers people to say - I really don't think there will be crowds in the park for at LEAST a year. Sure locals will likely return and the die hards that can stay away (like us) but I think the "Joe Schmo" average theme park goer that goes maybe 2-3 times in their kids childhood years are going to 100% stay away barring rock bottom pricing. Not to mention families where someone has potential health issues - which is a LOT of large families. If you are spending $5K or $10K on a special trip - you are NOT going when you have to wear a mask and half the attractions are closed (as is likely sorry to say). I think if Disney can get people to go there at 30-35% last years capacity that would be a fantastic win, and honestly I don't think it will be that high. It might be a great

I’ll have to disagree with you on this one. If you’re allowed to remove your mask and walk around the restaurant as you make your way to and from the restroom to wash your hands, you will pass by numerous other tables who are not wearing masks as they are consuming their food. I would not be happy to have people walking by my table if they are not wearing a mask. I feel masks should stay on until you’re seated and any time people walk around they should be wearing their masks.

possibly you could wash your hands then use a disposable bag to remove your mask before eating? I use plastic bags to pump gas then throw the bag in the trash before entering my car.

I also think this is a good idea simply because you either have to carry more than one mask and keep the clean one's away from the dirty, or have somewhere to put it while you aren't wearing it so you can put it back on when you're eating. I'll have to remember once I'm back at the office to do this. The only place we don't have to wear them is at our desk because we'll be sd there. We had a teams meeting with the new intern yesterday and he had his around his chin and there's no way I want to do that all day but a ziploc bag I can do.

Masks should be changed at least every 4h according to health and safety at work. I usually carry a small bag with clean ones and I have another bag for my ‘used’ masks that I will then hand wash at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter