• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

That makes ME much less appealing to me. We were already thinking about doing the unthinkable (to us) - renting a car. Being DVC and AP holders, parking is free. If I gotta lug my bags anyways I would likely Uber from the airport and back, which would run around $80. For another $100 I might as well get a car and then I am not beholden to probably the most COVID-risky part of the trip - the transportation.
We are in the same situation. We booked our first ever rental car for end of July to avoid public transportation. Removal of the luggage services just seals the decision for us.

This virus is really hurting "customer services" --- in the name of safety. I hope a lot of these things are temporary and things don't become like gas stations that went from full service to self service and stayed that way forever.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case -- it is more than likely that fast food restaurants won't even have counter service anymore in favor of the self-serve kiosks.

Heck -- my local McDonald's has a sign saying there is a "coin shortage" and they don't want to accept cash.

Some services are difficult or impossible to provide while staying 6+ feet away. If such services can’t be done safely and aren’t necessary, it’s better to stop, at least in areas with high case counts. There actually is a corn shortage! I was shocked. I read about it in the paper. It’s a combination of people not using as much cash and coin production dropping due to covid. Coin orders are being rationed by the government, which has a trickle down effect to businesses.

another nail in the coffin.... the airline checkin was such a great feature.... :guilty:
I completely agree. That airline check in was a huge stress reliever for me. We'd even received the "Skate through security" a few times, didn't even have to remove shoes or wait in long line.
I'm trying to remain optimistic that some of these things will eventually come back, but ... it doesn't seem promising at this point.

It's a divided feature I feel like at least on the Boards with some people saying "I always use it" to others saying "I never use it I like to handle my own luggage". I have seen plenty of threads about time it takes to get the luggage to one's room. That said I know enough people see it as a plus for ME over getting to their resort a different way and that might be a big blow to them.

I do wonder if we'll see it come back. I know some things are welcome changes for our post-COVID lives but others we dearly hope are just temporary ones
We always got our own luggage on arrival as we didn't like the wait. However, losing that airline check in on departure certainly stings in my eyes.

Did anyone see the email from ShopDisney regarding how they’re going to handle the limited edition merchandise going forward? They’re moving to a lottery system instead of the rush to get online and fight the bots. I like the idea!
That’s what Hamilton did for broadway tickets. Brokers made tons of fake accounts at first and the company administering the lottery has gotten pretty good at stamping them out.

I'm with you. We have a trip planned for November and I'm debating whether to go through with it and drive or just scrap it for now.

I personally would wait until the last day you could cancel without penalty. Not looking good out there.

How would they figure it out?
When you buy merch at Disneyland and get an AP discount they scan your AP to do it since each level of AP gets a different discount, so they can trace back purchases to each AP no matter what payment method used. At WDW they don't scan your AP to give the discount they just ask to see it then the cashier puts it in.

Also looks like they put out a resort discount for pass holders up to 40% off which is the best it’s been in YEARS. So that’s pretty nice. Also would give them the chance to book more resort stays.

Going to make Sept more crowded...I'm happy to get the 40% 0ff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter