News Round Up 2020

you could get a daily ticket and then use it towards your AP renewal/upgrade

But yeah, another "not great scenario" for AP holders
We did exactly that for our spring trip. Wasn't ideal, but it's what we did
I'm not seeing anything :( Not sure what is happening
Guess it was a caching issue. An incognito window made it show up. Booked us for that weekend.

So... theres no way to book if you have an ap that will be expiring before the date in 2021... but theres no way to extend your pass because disney extended past what my original renewal date would be...

Im not surprised by this at all to be honest.
Not sure what you mean here. If you have an AP, you can renew it. And if it was extended due to the closure, you would most likely be near your renewal date now anyway. Wouldn’t hurt to call and inquire. Unless your pass was quite new at the time of closure. Just thought of that, you’d be too far out to renew at this point. That does indeed suck. But I would still call and see what they can do.

Last edited:

So I guess it's not surprising if you think about it, but there's a long firearms locker at AKL, for when the animals escape? Do they have zoo keepers CM who are also trained in case the animals go wild?
I'm pretty sure all zoos have employees trained to take down an animal in an emergency. Remember when the kid fall into the Gorilla enclosure and the keepers had to kill the sliver back? Taking a headshot on a gorilla holding a 3 year old isn't a shot you take (and make perfectly) without training.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Harambe

Thank you for posting this! Had to grab a one day ticket for Oct. 1st for us, and hopefully they'll apply it to our AP renewals. Park pass booked.

same here - I booked 3 day tickets as that will cover that trip for us (just doing a quick one for the 50th) - but may then use the cost towards passes if we think we will go a few times

But glad to have MK booked for the actual 50th, one less thing to worry about

There was a point where I was thinking of going for the 50th, but now there is no way. Even if they increase capacity by then it is unlikely they will be at full capacity. I cannot think of anything worse than being down there for the 50th and being locked out of the park because my internet connection was too slow 60 days prior. Going in November instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter