News Round Up 2020

There was a point where I was thinking of going for the 50th, but now there is no way. Even if they increase capacity by then it is unlikely they will be at full capacity. I cannot think of anything worse than being down there for the 50th and being locked out of the park because my internet connection was too slow 60 days prior. Going in November instead.

you can book a park reservation now - I booked MK for Oct 1st, 2021 this morning so know now that I have access to the park

Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 14, an Annual Passholder-exclusive pop-up shop will open at Der Teddybar in the Germany pavilion. This limited-time shop will be open Mondays through Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to park close through Nov. 17.

Annual Passholders can shop a selection of new and exclusive logo product, as well as be the first to purchase select new merchandise prior to release to the public.

This location will only be open to Passholder Guests throughout the duration of this exclusive event. Annual Passholders must present their Annual Pass card or MagicBand as well as a valid photo ID to enter the event location.

My husband and I are passholders, but our daughter is a CM and not a passholder. Am I correct in assuming that we could not bring her with us into the shop?

So... theres no way to book if you have an ap that will be expiring before the date in 2021... but theres no way to extend your pass because disney extended past what my original renewal date would be...

Im not surprised by this at all to be honest.

Me too. My pass expires in August of next year. I just activated it in July.

you could get a daily ticket and then use it towards your AP renewal/upgrade

But yeah, another "not great scenario" for AP holders

Don't you need a ticket for everyday you visit a park. We have 7 days.

Not sure what you mean here. If you have an AP, you can renew it. And if it was extended due to the closure, you would most likely be near your renewal date now anyway. Wouldn’t hurt to call and inquire. Unless your pass was quite new at the time of closure. Just thought of that, you’d be too far out to renew at this point. That does indeed suck. But I would still call and see what they can do.

My renewal is in August 2021.

Thank you for posting this! Had to grab a one day ticket for Oct. 1st for us, and hopefully they'll apply it to our AP renewals. Park pass booked.

Did you have to buy a ticket for everyday that you booked a park pass?

Don't you need a ticket for everyday you visit a park. We have 7 days.

Yeah, if you wanted to book a park reservation for 7 days you would need a 7 day ticket ... But you could then apply that cost to an AP

We got 3-day ticket since that specific trip will have 3 park days but may apply it to an AP if we think we will get value from additional trips

Yeah, if you wanted to book a park reservation for 7 days you would need a 7 day ticket ... But you could then apply that cost to an AP

We got 3-day ticket since that specific trip will have 3 park days but may apply it to an AP if we think we will get value from additional trips

I just looked. The 7 day non-hopper ticket is still less than the renewal. I will go ahead and bite bullet. My husband and son have unactivated APs that it's taking. They will activate them for our Thanksgiving trip though, and our 2021 trip is also 2021. I guess we'll see what happens when they activate them in November. Luckily, that's probably still far enough out that we could buy tickets to fill the gap if there passes drop off.

Did you have to buy a ticket for everyday that you booked a park pass?

I'm not worried about other parks/days as far as a reservation; by April of 2021 I'll have renewed my AP, and can make reservations then for whatever is open, and if nothing is, I won't sweat it as my aim for the trip is MK on the 1st. But, yes, you'll need a ticket for every day you want to book a pass.

you could get a daily ticket and then use it towards your AP renewal/upgrade

But yeah, another "not great scenario" for AP holders
That's exactly what I had to do. I booked a 5 night stay 9/28-10/3, through Dreams Unlimted, of course. When I tried to book my park reservation I then realized my AP expires in June. So I just purchased a 1 day ticket for 10/1 and will apply it to my AP renewal in June. Then I will reserve my other park days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter