News Round Up 2020

Well by this logic we would need plexiglass shoved 6 feet in the ground and 100ft high, which is a ridiculous notion. Literally, for decades we have trusted sneeze guards on buffets, now all a sudden plexiglass is not good enough? I think anyone expecting Disney to make the parks a completely sterilized environment with every touch point sanitized with zero risk to anyone is just an unrealistic expectation.

Again, I think Disney is doing what it can to accommodate as many guests as safely as they can. They have to balance guest safety with guests expectations and satisfaction.

If you do not agree with Disney's choices, nobody is forcing you to go to any of the parks. However, suggesting it is any LESS safe with the additional plexiglass I believe is a bit disingenuous.

This isn’t the thread for extended discussion on this, but Covid is different than anything else we’ve experienced and is highly contagious. If Disney had maintained the same distancing as before and added plexiglass, yes, that would be safer. But they are adding plexiglass and decreasing distance. It’s not a disingenuous conclusion. My money is already spent as I’m a local passholder. I kept my pass because I trusted that they would follow through on their advertising that they would be practicing social distancing in queues and on rides. Touchpoints don’t concern me. Hands can be cleaned before touching personal possessions, but breathing isn’t optional. I have emailed WDW with my concerns.

Considering that half of their parks didn’t open this year, including 3 of their biggest, that’s actually not that bad.
Also .. what's the investment for a Six Flags season pass? Like the cost of two park days? Some people may just not have bothered cancelling or actually jumped on getting a pass at a deep discount (I see Great America (my old local park from when I lived in WI) is selling a season pass at $59.99 right now.

Plus .. aren't a lot of them just extended for free anyway?

So it could probably have been a lot worse of a drop if they had high AP prices like Disney and no extensions or discounts.

Imagine if Disney gave a "deal" on an AP right now! Heh.

Glad to see new things coming to Disney Springs (especially the fairly abandoned and under-traveled West Side). This sounds yummy, but feels a little late to the party. This feels like it would have been a perfect fit 2 years ago. It just feels like the gourmet donut trend has passed and is on the down slope (even before COVID), sorta like the Fro-Yo craze of the early 2010s and the cupcake craze of the mid 2010s. Not that people won't go here, I just don't see the trend as crazy popular as it was years ago.

But then again, maybe that is why it is a perfect fit at Disney Springs .. as it keeps things a bit more timeless?

this should do great at Disney springs.I don’t know about the rest of the world but Americans love their junk food especially when they are on vacation.

Also .. what's the investment for a Six Flags season pass? Like the cost of two park days? Some people may just not have bothered cancelling or actually jumped on getting a pass at a deep discount (I see Great America (my old local park from when I lived in WI) is selling a season pass at $59.99 right now.

Plus .. aren't a lot of them just extended for free anyway?

So it could probably have been a lot worse of a drop if they had high AP prices like Disney and no extensions or discounts.

Imagine if Disney gave a "deal" on an AP right now! Heh.

Their passes go on sale at every park for less than the price of a single day ticket every year. Right now I’m getting 2.5 years for ~$50, since they’re all extended through next year. Memberships are handled a bit differently and can get much pricier, I think those top out around $500/year. Six Flags (alongside Cedar Fair) seem content with eating the cost for a year to keep the customers happy.

The baseball bubble wasn't perfect. They experienced a positive on their final day. There are a lot of questions around what the NBA is going to do next and if WDW will be used again at all.
Oh yeah, I saw that. The baseball "bubble" was hardly a bubble. I'm usually more of a baseball guy than basketball guy, but I really enjoyed the bubble NBA and did not enjoy MLB at all this year. I think a lot of it was the NBA and players coming to together and working out a solution as a community, while MLB just proved again that their players and management can't get along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter