News Round Up 2020

So thoughts from inside my brain. The MK-GF path is basically done. If that opens soon I wonder if all three resort monorail stations go down for changes or if this truly is just a Poly refurb.

Makes sense. Then they'd have to take bus to Epcot. But walking to MK from GF or CR would be awesome. I'm sure boat will still be running too.

This seems like bad news for fireworks. Hopefully I’m just reading too much in to it but if I was going to keep a hotel closed for that long it wouldn’t be one of the most popular ones unless one of the best parts of staying there would not be going on anyway.

This seems like bad news for fireworks. Hopefully I’m just reading too much in to it but if I was going to keep a hotel closed for that long it wouldn’t be one of the most popular ones unless one of the best parts of staying there would not be going on anyway.

I wouldn't make that correlation.
They probably had the redo in mind already, since bookings are down and they have the perfect excuse to do it all at once, why not?

So it could just be the leisure pool? In your opinion, would you change? If this annoucement had been a week ago- I may have had a chance at Beach Club. But now, no. So, would you do Grand Floridian standard studio? Should I look at BLT? I wanted ease to MK. But the studio at BLT is so small for the 4 of us (I have a 16 and 14 year old).
Last year when BWV's feature pool was closed people could walk over to Beach Club.

So thoughts from inside my brain. The MK-GF path is basically done. If that opens soon I wonder if all three resort monorail stations go down for changes or if this truly is just a Poly refurb.

Yeah, they already aren't running the Epcot line - if they aren't expecting increased crowds, maybe take the monorails down and work on returning the trains but don put more wear and tear on the system

Then just use busses and ferry for transport from TTC to MK

To be honest if disney is still planning to replace the monorail system to a newer one, it would be the perfect time to do the replacement and refabs on the beams they would need to, do if they wanted to use current Monorail tech

To be honest if disney is still planning to replace the monorail system to a newer one, it would be the perfect time to do the replacement and refabs on the beams they would need to, do if they wanted to use current Monorail tech
They are no where near replacing the current system. They don’t even have an order in with Bombadier, and once an order is placed, it years before the system would be ready. They’re looking to just refresh the interiors and most likely expand the stations. Not put in a new system.

They wouldn't make people walk from the Poly to MK - that's like 20 minutes. They would just start the boats up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter