News Round Up 2020

I have 2 trips coming up. One in November and one in December, so I got 2 of these emails today. I emailed my Dreams Unlimited agent to see if there was anything specific that I needed to do to confirm and she told me no. It was very weird that they didn't include a link to confirm. I reread the emails a couple of times to make sure I wasn't missing something.

The email I received this morning for our Dec Poly stay has a link to confirm.

Steve

makes me think most impactful for people still booked at resorts not yet open that they are trying to get people to move on their own (and pay any price difference) vs having to move them with no extra $

It's just asking if you plan to come or cancel. We got one for our July trip and just got one for our Thanksgiving trip. Both DVC stays at hotels that are open.

extensive refurb planned for Tom Sawyer Island and Liberty Square Riverboat starting Oct 5th

https://blogmickey.com/2020/09/exte...rty-square-riverboat-beginning-early-october/
Great. Let's close more stuff, especially potentially big people eaters and places to get away from people, during the busiest time of the year. I was looking forward to chilling on these during the week of Thanksgiving, which I assume is going to be a nightmare crowd-wise :(
I'm going to selfishly say I hope that Rivers of America isn't drained while we're there over Christmas, not a fan of that look :)

Article said early 2021, so probably closed.

I have 2 trips coming up. One in November and one in December, so I got 2 of these emails today. I emailed my Dreams Unlimited agent to see if there was anything specific that I needed to do to confirm and she told me no. It was very weird that they didn't include a link to confirm. I reread the emails a couple of times to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Ours for July and for November had links to confirm or cancel and the covid/safety procedures. Maybe since yours is through a travel agent, it didn't.

Non-Disney News:

Just got an e-mail from Six Flags that they are extending 2020 season pass through all of the 2021 season. The most shocking thing, they are extending meal passes and flash pass through next year as well.

We were actually going to buy our 2021 passes this week but hadn't gotten around to it yet, so sometimes procrastination pays off.

Non-Disney News:

Just got an e-mail from Six Flags that they are extending 2020 season pass through all of the 2021 season. The most shocking thing, they are extending meal passes and flash pass through next year as well.

We were actually going to buy our 2021 passes this week but hadn't gotten around to it yet, so sometimes procrastination pays off.
You are in TX right, Six Flags Over Texas? Looking for my email now, that would be awesome!

You are in TX right, Six Flags Over Texas? Looking for my email now, that would be awesome!
Oklahoma City, so Frontier City is my home park.

Here is the email:

Your 2020 Season Pass has been extended through December 31, 2021
XXXX,

First and foremost, thank you for being a Frontier City Season Pass Holder. We know this has been a difficult year for many.

As you know, we previously added an additional operating day to your 2020 Season Pass for every operating day the park was closed in 2020. To further show our appreciation and gratitude, we will be extending your 2020 Season Pass through December 31, 2021. All Season Dining and Flash Passes will be similarly extended.

There is nothing you need to do to facilitate this extension: just hold on to your 2020 Season Pass card and you'll be able to use it in 2021. If you don't have a 2020 Season Pass card, or if you lost it, we'll give you a new one when you next visit the park.

If you already bought a 2021 Season Pass for yourself, please contact Guest Relations.

Thanks again for being a Frontier City Pass Holder. We look forward to seeing you at the park!

Sincerely,

Mark Kupferman
SVP, Consumer & Guest Experience
Six Flags

Non-Disney News:

Basically I wound up paying $50 for 2.5 years of park access. That’s a hell of a deal.

It nice that Six Flags and Cedar Fair took such good care of their passholders. Wish I could say the same for the other big guys.

Non-Disney News:

I got the email too. I am on my parent's pass, but it is nice to know my parents aren't really losing any money.

Non-Disney News:

That's great! And just buying a new one is a insane deal! I don't even live near a Six Flags park and some of those prices almost make it worth it to buy them for the few times a year I drive to WI to visit family just to take the kids to Great America for a day! $59.99 for an entire year (with free parking)? Wow! I probably paid more for a season pass back in the early 2000s than that price!

Still shocked that Disney stopped selling APs. I still wonder if they longer this goes on, the more they may feel they need to open them back up to start "locking in" people for the next year (even with the lack of hopping, and the reservation system limits).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter