News Round Up 2020

Considering the bloggers live near and drive through these every day it’s not surprising in the least. Not too much else to report on either.
I also think for a lot of people it's like the symbol for your Welcome Home, ya know? Like now you're on Disney property, you can leave the outside world out there, the vacation feels real, etc. Makes sense to me to give updates and continual ones on something that seems to hold a lot of emotional connection to people.

Considering the bloggers live near and drive through these every day it’s not surprising in the least. Not too much else to report on either.

I mean, I expect it to be a bi-line in a general improvement post or a what's changed across the park post. But all these posts of JUST an update the color of a vowel on a tool booth are crazy.

Wonder why they didn't put it on the back of each behicle too? When in train formation (which thematically you are supposed to be a train), then there are two rows next to eachother without protection. It personally wouldn't bother me much, but feels like there isn't any difference between protecting row 1 & 2 and row 2 &3 (if that makes sense?)

Rows 2 and 3 are much farther apart than rows 1 and 2, even in train formation.

Rows 2 and 3 are much farther apart than rows 1 and 2, even in train formation.
Ah ok, couldn't tell from the photo, that's a relief. Yet to go on it :)

They had already been putting people in the front row of one car and the back row of the car in front. This happened to us on one ride. It looks like it's at least 6ft away. Plus, the cars separate from each other at some point too.

I also think for a lot of people it's like the symbol for your Welcome Home, ya know? Like now you're on Disney property, you can leave the outside world out there, the vacation feels real, etc. Makes sense to me to give updates and continual ones on something that seems to hold a lot of emotional connection to people.

Yes! Why I always try to sit close to the front on ME. Also helps I take a red eye so normally fairly empty and easy to do. It's when you fully know it's vacation and you're going to have fun.

I hate to say it; but a retail store for high end travel luggage is a relic in November 2020. Maybe a more relevant tenant will come take over, maybe not. Hard to say these days.

(their clientele is ordering this stuff online, if at all.)

I full agree in general, though I could see luggage being more relevant there with vacationers maybe needing a replacement bag or something

I'm surprised someone thought it was a good idea to have a brick and mortar luggage store.
Most stores pre-covid did amazingly well at Disney Springs and most were some of the top performers in their chains. In pre-covid land a luggage store did make sense IMO. You have people primarily who flew or drove long distances to get to WDW. People then buy things at WDW especially at Disney Springs and an extra suitcase is then needed to travel home.

I'm surprised someone thought it was a good idea to have a brick and mortar luggage store.
I actually went to a local Bag 'N Baggage store a few years ago to replace a piece of luggage I had bought at Kohl's previously. Going into a store actually gave me the opportunity to look at different styles of luggage in person and talk with an associate about the up keep and quality of the various brands. I then ordered a piece of luggage through the store and went to pick it up when it arrived. If I had not liked it, I could have just left it there and no cost to me. If I had to do all of this online, I have the extra hassle of having to return something if I don't like it. I recently purchased some Away Travel luggage. I knew I would like it. But if I had not liked it, to return it would have been more work than I would have liked. So yes, doing things online can be more convenient, returns may not always be.

I mean, I expect it to be a bi-line in a general improvement post or a what's changed across the park post. But all these posts of JUST an update the color of a vowel on a tool booth are crazy.

I'm almost surprised nobody is freaking out about it saying they ruined the magic - you know how Disney fans love changes! :laughing:

Most stores pre-covid did amazingly well at Disney Springs and most were some of the top performers in their chains. In pre-covid land a luggage store did make sense IMO. You have people primarily who flew or drove long distances to get to WDW. People then buy things at WDW especially at Disney Springs and an extra suitcase is then needed to travel home.

Im curious where you are getting this statistic from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter