News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to give Disney their props -- even though they are cost cutting, they are still spending money to make the parks look good and fresh. So .. they are still working hard to make the parks look good for the 50th anniversary . however that will look.
It's silly and selfish, but I'm a little bummed about how COVID will affect the 50th anniversary. Obviously we don't know what it would have been and we don't really know what it will be now, but there is no way things aren't being drastically changed due to COVID. Understandably, and out of Disney's hands but it will still be a pretty large, probably negative impact.

It's silly and selfish, but I'm a little bummed about how COVID will affect the 50th anniversary. Obviously we don't know what it would have been and we don't really know what it will be now, but there is no way things aren't being drastically changed due to COVID. Understandably, and out of Disney's hands but it will still be a pretty large, probably negative impact.

I am right there with you - we have a trip for the actual 50th booked and when I booked it almost a year ago at this point I was picturing a huge celebration and tons of new / updated experiences, etc. - and now know very little of that will now happen.

Still will go (assuming conditions are improved by then, who knows) but my expectations for anything along those lines is way, way reduced

Agreed and it is certainly fine to be disappointed. At this point if M&G, fireworks, parades are back by then it will be a win.

I'm the same -- I have been pushing back trips waiting for more things to get back to normal (from the parks perspective) (Had a trip scheduled for next week, pushed it back 60 days (but I have my doubts much will change then besides some refurbs maybe being done and Rat being open)).

I have a trip booked for October as well, but if everything is going to be "the same" except some fresh coats of paint and the Ratatouille ride, I may just continue to push back my trips until later into 2021 or even 2022. I want a "good" year ahead of us before activating my AP.

I don't blame them for scaling back .. but yes .. it is disappointing.

I mean . things ARE moving in the right direction (almost as many people have gotten the vaccine than actually have caught COVID (in the US) .. and cases are falling after the latest spikes and it doesn't appear like a "Christmas Spike" is happening I just wonder when Disney will feel they CAN (or should) move things back to normal. Because at this point . it may be less about the virus and more about cost cutting. For example, they may not want to bring back M&Gs because of the castmember salary cost to have those running?

Last edited:
(almost as many people have gotten the vaccine than actually have caught COVID (in the US)

I had no idea we have distributed that many already, obviously a TON more to go but with the recent drop and 16+ million vaccinated "maybe" WDW will be back to normal by the end of the year.

I don't think there is anything really selfish about it. You are paying a lot of money for your trip and you want the best experience possible.

(almost as many people have gotten the vaccine than actually have caught COVID (in the US)

as of 5 days ago according to the associate press- 11.1M people had received the first shot in the US and 24.2M people have tested positive for COVID in the US.

That's a large gap.

However cases are beginning to decline in the slightest for the first time so that IS good - the best indicator is going to be $$$ on travel and leisure.

When vaccine distribution opens up a bit more - hopefully it will be matched with demand.

That way even people who don't want to get it, see other people getting it, and increase their confidence in the future regarding travel. That confidence will correlate with the spending and the planning and as soon as that happens things will open up.

Part of me foolishly is hoping that as soon as they are able to - they reboot Year of a Million Dreams for us as a THANKS FOR STILL BEING HERE. but I know that is unlikely. but I think about it often.

SeaWorld News

Permits refiled for the rumored B&M Surf Coaster

https://www.thecoasterkings.com/seaworld-orlando-project-penguin-update/
Man . I haven't been to Sea World in probably 15-20 years. If I recall (early 2000s?) I think there was maybe like one "real" coaster there and the flume ride (Kraken and Atlantis). I didn't realize they had expanded so much. Is it just a Six Flags-like park now where you can see some aquatic animal shows? I recall it being more of a giant aquarium (with animal exhibits and shows) with a few rides. Seems the opposite now. Shows what I know, going to only the Disney Bubble the last decade.

Man . I haven't been to Sea World in probably 15-20 years. If I recall (early 2000s?) I think there was maybe like one "real" coaster there and the flume ride (Kraken and Atlantis). I didn't realize they had expanded so much. Is it just a Six Flags-like park now where you can see some aquatic animal shows? I recall it being more of a giant aquarium (with animal exhibits and shows) with a few rides. Seems the opposite now. Shows what I know, going to only the Disney Bubble the last decade.
No they still have all the shows and exhibits like they always had. They have some of the best coasters in all of Florida.

I wonder what this means for Raya and the Last Dragon - isn't that still supposed to be released on Disney+ Premiere access and theaters as well on March 5th? .... maybe just not bother with the theater part then if thinking of pushing back Black Widow already?

I think because of the premiere access ability for Raya will be the reason it sticks with the date. HBOMax moving Kong vs Godzilla to March kind of clues to that being a sticking model.

No they still have all the shows and exhibits like they always had. They have some of the best coasters in all of Florida.

Some shows have been repurposed such as Blue Horizons.

Manta coaster in San Diego is so different than the one in Orlando (the launch in SD is so cool).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter