News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he does the bit with speaking for the audience

"I wonder what they called him before he had the hook hand? ..... or is his name like John Hook? .... did he then get the hook to live the part? That is commitment!"

Captain Hand?

I hope he does the bit with speaking for the audience

"I wonder what they called him before he had the hook hand? ..... or is his name like John Hook? .... did he then get the hook to live the part? That is commitment!"
His name is probably Bob.

Man . I haven't been to Sea World in probably 15-20 years. If I recall (early 2000s?) I think there was maybe like one "real" coaster there and the flume ride (Kraken and Atlantis). I didn't realize they had expanded so much. Is it just a Six Flags-like park now where you can see some aquatic animal shows? I recall it being more of a giant aquarium (with animal exhibits and shows) with a few rides. Seems the opposite now. Shows what I know, going to only the Disney Bubble the last decade.
They’ve shifted the park’s focus a bit, so they still have plenty of animal shows and exhibits, they’ve just added in several major coasters. I’d still say that the animals are the main focus of the park. They just also want to cement themselves are Orlando’s biggest coaster/thrill park as well.

This is a chain wide shift as well, so all Busch and SeaWorld parks have trended this way.

I wonder what this means for Raya and the Last Dragon - isn't that still supposed to be released on Disney+ Premiere access and theaters as well on March 5th? .... maybe just not bother with the theater part then if thinking of pushing back Black Widow already?
They just need to give up on waiting for the theater industry to be "back" to normal .. because it won't be. Just too many places in the country that are locked down and probably will still be locked down .. and with a year of NOT going to the movies -- some people just may never go back even if they can (Out of sight, out of mind).

But if it was staring them in the face on that APP they log into MULTIPLE times a day .. or see ads for it on their phone/PC . .they probably would be more inclined to stream it.

So sad .. never got an opportunity to see it (despite being there a few times while it was running (AK just continued to be a half-day park for us .. especially with little kids) I can't imagine the amount of money they must have spent on such a short-lived show. Ouch. Just shocked they pulled the plug on it so relatively quickly. I guess it was an easy pull since it had so many live performers involved?

Shocking they are spending the money to tear them apart or remove them. You'd think that someday they could be repurposed .. or another future show could use them. Or .. (as suggested above) . .just roll them out as a water feature. Maybe tearing them down means they have a future use for them?

Does this mean the attempt to make AK a nighttime park is over besides the Tree of Life "show"? (Especially with the severely reduced hours during the pandemic).

So sad .. never got an opportunity to see it (despite being there a few times while it was running (AK just continued to be a half-day park for us .. especially with little kids) I can't imagine the amount of money they must have spent on such a short-lived show. Ouch. Just shocked they pulled the plug on it so relatively quickly. I guess it was an easy pull since it had so many live performers involved?

Shocking they are spending the money to tear them apart or remove them. You'd think that someday they could be repurposed .. or another future show could use them. Or .. (as suggested above) . .just roll them out as a water feature. Maybe tearing them down means they have a future use for them?

Does this mean the attempt to make AK a nighttime park is over besides the Tree of Life "show"? (Especially with the severely reduced hours during the pandemic).

There weren't any live performers involved. The original version did have a coupld of "shaman" that came thorugh the crowds before the show and then were ont he boats during the show (2 people per boat) but they were removed when it was reworked, so obviosuly people invovled to control the elements from a tech point of view but no one that the crowd would see

We saw the original full show w/ the performers once - really our only time because the first chance we had was taken away when they delayed the original opening and the next time we were at WDW afterwards it was gone. To us, it was a nice show but did not live up to being a "spectacular". Others were less enamored but it did have it's fans. Looking at the floats being dismantled is still sad - a lot of work went into those floats and in fixing the issues that delayed the opening for a good 6 months.

Was hoping they'd be able to reuse the floats to make semi-small EWPs that could run nightimes in the river or at the seating area at AK. So much for that hope.

This is sad to see ... I know not everyone loved this show but I thought it fit the park quite well

Also feesl like even if not a "show" they could have those gloats come out and just be sort of something for people to watch while they take a break sitting in the stands
I think gutted is a bit extreme in terms of language. Those photos only really show the wing off the owl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter