News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you want to go on Rise? Did you already try it once and not like it?
Doesn’t really look like my cup of tea and I know I’d be riding it by myself as DW is not a SW fan and wasn’t interested in it from the ride videos. So I wouldn’t want to make her stand around for a while while I go on the ride. I love SWGE but I enjoy just wandering around in the land when I go. Plus, if I do go on I think I‘d want to wait until after the plexiglass is removed, so I’ll wait a few years and then go on.

We just booked a last minute trip for the end of Feb, beginning of March. Still deciding if we will go with the COVID risk but looking for a way to put a positive spin on my kids having to zoom from home. Rise is the one ride that has me a little nervous with all the time spent indoors. So we may skip it- however we have ridden it twice at DL so I’m sure that has an effect on my thought process.

Doesn’t really look like my cup of tea and I know I’d be riding it by myself as DW is not a SW fan and wasn’t interested in it from the ride videos. So I wouldn’t want to make her stand around for a while while I go on the ride. I love SWGE but I enjoy just wandering around in the land when I go. Plus, if I do go on I think I‘d want to wait until after the plexiglass is removed, so I’ll wait a few years and then go on.
Videos don’t do it justice. I don’t think they do any ride justice. I wasn’t bothered by the plexiglass myself either.

Wow. Blog Mickey seems to be going more and more to a sensationalized click machine. Its 19 people. Yes, its terrible for those 19. But is this really worth a headline?
Yeah... but they're still better than the "site which shall not be named"... right?? 😂

Wow. Blog Mickey seems to be going more and more to a sensationalized click machine. Its 19 people. Yes, its terrible for those 19. But is this really worth a headline?
Every major site (except this one) is running stories on it now.

Very cool ... though I am guessing they are talking about adjustments to the show (for the safety of performers) and maybe just less people in the stands?

My guess is that the show will probably just have less performers period (cost cutting measure as well).

Though .. i would really hope by summer that we wouldn't need any of these restrictions (especially in a show like that).

At least it isn't a plexiglass barrier between the performers and the audience. :)

I wonder what "summer" means to Disney though ...

Very cool ... though I am guessing they are talking about adjustments to the show (for the safety of performers) and maybe just less people in the stands?

My guess is that the show will probably just have less performers period (cost cutting measure as well).

Though .. i would really hope by summer that we wouldn't need any of these restrictions (especially in a show like that).

At least it isn't a plexiglass barrier between the performers and the audience. :)

I wonder what "summer" means to Disney though ...
I’m hoping summer to Disney begins around or after Memorial Day.

I will miss that Fuddruckers. It was a good Fuddruckers. Usually the WDW area versions of chains are awful but not that Fuddruckers. Great Fuddruckers.

Tip: The Texas Roadhouse on 192 is also a good chain location near WDW.
Yeah that’s just clickbait. The very good Fuddruckers in the Crossroads plaza will be laying off probably double that when it closes fo good in August (RIP Crossroads Fuddruckers)

My wife is not a Star Wars fan but she loved the ride. It is truly like nothing else out there. It is definitely worth at least trying once.

I’m hoping summer to Disney begins around or after Memorial Day.
This also seems to signal that Disney isn't expecting to be much closer back to "normal" (aka - still have social distancing and masks and restricted attractions) until summer and probably beyond .. otherwise they'd just announce the show was returning without any talk of how "responsible" it will be.

And the movies starting to being pushed back is signaling that most businesses aren't expecting to be "back open as normal" (aka no restrictions in a lot of the big population states where they do business) until then as well. If some states are still locked down a lot -- I am sure that will actually draw a lot of tourist business to Florida in the Spring and Summer.

Skyliner operational closures for maintenance
  • Jan. 24: Disney’s Pop Century/Art of Animation Resorts line unavailable
  • Jan. 26: Disney’s Hollywood Studios line unavailable
  • Jan. 28: EPCOT International Gateway line unavailable
buses will be available on the das he skyliner isn't

Skyliner operational closures for maintenance
  • Jan. 24: Disney’s Pop Century/Art of Animation Resorts line unavailable
  • Jan. 26: Disney’s Hollywood Studios line unavailable
  • Jan. 28: EPCOT International Gateway line unavailable
buses will be available on the das he skyliner isn't
Thank you for sharing this! We’re staying at YC next week and planned on using those lines on the 26 and 28. Good to know now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter