News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
That structure in the video is pretty massive. Hopefully we'll get more details at D23. Yesterday I was reading a really interesting conversation at wdwmagic regarding WDI's tendency to go over-budget and how other companies are able to build great stuff with much smaller budgets, but as soon as WDI touches a project, costs elevate ridiculously. We've discussed this before: you simply can't spend millions on beach balls and a new sound system.

Theme Park Tourist is reporting that
"Though work is well underway on the Avatar project at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, rumors have surfaced that this project (which was announced in 2011) has been hit by even more delays, and is both behind schedule and over budget. While sources disagree with exactly how much this project is behind schedule, it looks like it may be late 2017 or early 2018 before this area finally opens."
http://www.****************.com/new...re-walt-disney-world-parks-might-just-be-true
They had the option in February to push back the expected date of completion or just leave it open ended. They didn't. Instead they doubled down on the early 2017 date. I could be very wrong about this, but I'm thinking that it just doesn't make that much sense. I say Avatar opens on schedule in early 2017. I suppose all we can do is wait, but I feel like Avatar needs to get finished soon. Star Wars, many say, is expected to be completed by 2021. Without the workers and contractors working on Avatar shifted over to DHS we might have delays there too. This would set off a chain reaction effecting multiple other Disney and Universal projects.

Also, is there a ban on saying ****************.com ? Apparently Disboards has something against theme park tourist. ;)

I've heard from insiders that it's not behind and from others that late 2017 is likely.

Articos, a true insider on the magic boards, has indicated that the project is not behind schedule at all. I had heard Jim Hill mention on his podcast with Len Testa that it was supposedly behind schedule by 8 months. Articos indicated tat this was not true at all. My thinking is that maybe when the project was first proposed back in 2011/2012 that the initial goal was to have this open by 2016. After the plans for the expansion were solidified, however, it was determined that implementation through to completion would actually be mid-2017. In any event, I believe that we within the 2 year window for this expansion opening and I cannot wait for this addition.

Articos, a true insider on the magic boards, has indicated that the project is not behind schedule at all. I had heard Jim Hill mention on his podcast with Len Testa that it was supposedly behind schedule by 8 months. Articos indicated tat this was not true at all. My thinking is that maybe when the project was first proposed back in 2011/2012 that the initial goal was to have this open by 2016. After the plans for the expansion were solidified, however, it was determined that implementation through to completion would actually be mid-2017. In any event, I believe that we within the 2 year window for this expansion opening and I cannot wait for this addition.
Yep. I know spirit also mentioned at one point that he heard late 2017. But yes Articos says it isn't behind.

All you Starbucks fans, get ready. According to Associated Press, Starbucks is raising all their prices nationwide on Tuesday.

Most areas of the country will pay about 10 cents more for a simple cup of brewed coffee.

All the other drinks — the ones that keep people waiting in line — will cost between 5 and 20 cents more in the United States. Food prices should remain the same.

I can't stand Starbucks coffee, so it doesn't affect me, but it does my wife.

All you Starbucks fans, get ready. According to Associated Press, Starbucks is raising all their prices nationwide on Tuesday.

Most areas of the country will pay about 10 cents more for a simple cup of brewed coffee.

All the other drinks — the ones that keep people waiting in line — will cost between 5 and 20 cents more in the United States. Food prices should remain the same.

I can't stand Starbucks coffee, so it doesn't affect me, but it does my wife.

Ugh!!! I feel like they just raised prices. I do love Starbucks but am trying to make more coffee at home because of the cost!

Probably already discussed but I can't find it. Art of animation pavilion shutting down as well?!?!?! Is it me or is disney taking away all the CM interactive aspects of the WDW. It certainly is not the same family friendly park it was back when we joined DVC in 2004. What is going on. Do you have any idea how many drawings we have done as a family. It is an area where my kids can't wait to get to. My boys are 18-15 and some of their fondest memories are drawing a character and answering trivia with cm. Walt would be having a fit if he was around.

Probably already discussed but I can't find it. Art of animation pavilion shutting down as well?!?!?! Is it me or is disney taking away all the CM interactive aspects of the WDW. It certainly is not the same family friendly park it was back when we joined DVC in 2004. What is going on. Do you have any idea how many drawings we have done as a family. It is an area where my kids can't wait to get to. My boys are 18-15 and some of their fondest memories are drawing a character and answering trivia with cm. Walt would be having a fit if he was around.
Well DHS will be going through a massive change soon. Rumors are the drawing studio may return in some capacity. Walt had nothing to do with the construction of any of the parks. The only park he made minimal early impacts on was MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter