News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently watching the disneyland feed live. Theirs seems to be much better than WDW and they have six cams instead of one. The paint the night parade is going around right now. The park is at capacity. Looks like it's been quite the day for disneyland to kick off what could be their biggest year ever.

I usually think of myself as pretty smart, but I don't get this. It's another 600 or so rooms off-site.

What am I missing about these hotels that matters?
Well this site was supposed to be a well developed district of hotels and restaurants and shopping called flamingo crossings. The project never happened. Now it so happens that Marriott came in and is building a couple hotels n the property catered at the ESPN wide world of sports clientele. This is likely just the beginning for that area that disney didn't want. These would technically be on property hotels just not owned by disney. The property is within the disney grounds.

Well this site was supposed to be a well developed district of hotels and restaurants and shopping called flamingo crossings. The project never happened. Now it so happens that Marriott came in and is building a couple hotels n the property catered at the ESPN wide world of sports clientele. This is likely just the beginning for that area that disney didn't want. These would technically be on property hotels just not owned by disney. The property is within the disney grounds.

Aye, Aye...Captain ;)

Based on what I've heard and saw on the live feeds, disneylands 24 hour party was an overwhelming success. Both disneyland and DCA closed due to capacity and WDW didn't. Makes you wonder if WDW would take note that doing big celebrations like this for anniversaries works especially with new shows and entertainment. I love wishes but disneyland forever makes it look dated same with MSEP and the new paint the night. It's time those two at WDW get some upgrades or get replaced.

Based on what I've heard and saw on the live feeds, disneylands 24 hour party was an overwhelming success. Both disneyland and DCA closed due to capacity and WDW didn't. Makes you wonder if WDW would take note that doing big celebrations like this for anniversaries works especially with new shows and entertainment. I love wishes but disneyland forever makes it look dated same with MSEP and the new paint the night. It's time those two at WDW get some upgrades or get replaced.

Ok...I can't resist...

Different day, SOS...

Disneyland has a loyal, demanding fanbase that holds the company accountable...

Wdw is a transient, low maintenance touring type of clientele that asks for almost nothing...

So while I'm a little surprised that mk didnt fill...not at all surprised that Disneyland did.

I don't think it had too much to do with the "festivities"...and I'm not sure what that would mean if they did do those types of Things in orlando

Ok...I can't resist...

Different day, SOS...

Wdw is a transient, low maintenance touring type of clientele that asks for almost nothing...

So while I'm a little surprised that mk didnt fill...not at all surprised that Disneyland did.

I don't think it had too much to do with the "festivities"...and I'm not sure what that would mean if they did do those types of Things in orlando
I totally aggree. DLR is required to maintain their quality attractions and shows, otherwise their very loyal fan base will let management know about it. But WDW has no accountability because most their guests are infrequent visitors.

Ok...I can't resist...

Different day, SOS...

Well I just think if WDW did things for their anniversaries people would come out instead of a t shirt and a pin. I'd like to be optimistic they'll do big things for the 50th but this is TDO we are talking about. After seeing all of the new things at Disneyland I really want to get out there for the first time.

Well I just think if WDW did things for their anniversaries people would come out instead of a t shirt and a pin. I'd like to be optimistic they'll do big things for the 50th but this is TDO we are talking about. After seeing all of the new things at Disneyland I really want to get out there for the first time.

It was always a different clientele...now it's completley different.

I don't think the year long things play anymore in Orlando...just "annual events" where they set whatever price they want and people pay it

After watching the new spectaculars for the Disneyland 60th I'm almost speechless. WDW really needs some new shows with this technology. I have never been to Disneyland and really hope to go sometime in the near future to see these new shows they are visually stunning.

I said the same thing to my husband last night after watching the live feed for Wishes and then watching the youtube video of the new fireworks. They were amazing and Wishes definitely paled in comparison.

WDW is tricky indeed. Just think of the number of major E-tickets that closed at DL over the last couple of years to be refurbished. Compare that to the number of big refurbishments at WDW. Given their clientele, WDW cannot afford to close Everest or even Pirates for a long period of time without a bunch of people going mad at customer service.

Hopefully things will get better once Pandora and the DHS project (whatever that is) add some ride capacity to WDW.

They certainly seem to be putting a big emphasis on updated food at AK...

Something is setting them off there.

While not great...I never thought food was the problem there...more that they shuddered some of the stands and just never had the crowds to justify running them.

But I'm on the record as saying that you really can't be against this kinda move at animal kingdom...the more the better

Last edited:
Matterhorn during Finding Nemo's segment at Disneyland Forever. Gotta admit that Steve Davison keeps outdoing himself.

CFn9nluW0AArEgS.jpg

Last edited:
They certainly seem to be putting a big emphasis on updated food at AK...

Something it setting them off there.

While not great...I never thought food was the problem there...more that they shuddered some of the stands and just never had the crowds to justify running them.

But I'm on the record as saying that you really can't be against this kinda move at animal kingdom...the more the better
Could be anticipating greater crowds with avatar and rivers of light opening in the near future. Although they do have some pretty high capacity eateries already so who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter