Newsies' Quest for the Unicorn Pinata - A Julaugust TR - FINISHED 9/21!

Following along.. Haven't read your previous reports, but I'll have to check them out!

Also, love the name Newsies! I was at Downtown Disney (DLR) yesterday and they would occasionally play King of New York in a jazz instrumental way. I would start humming/whistling/singing along and loved it! I even did a couple dance moves while walking along and got serious side-eye from my mom!

Also, love the chapter titles. I'm reading the Series of Unfortunate Events books right now, and loved the Netflix show.

Love your reports! Im in. :flower1:

:welcome: Thank you so much! I really appreciate the compliment!

Following along.. Haven't read your previous reports, but I'll have to check them out!

Also, love the name Newsies! I was at Downtown Disney (DLR) yesterday and they would occasionally play King of New York in a jazz instrumental way. I would start humming/whistling/singing along and loved it! I even did a couple dance moves while walking along and got serious side-eye from my mom!

Also, love the chapter titles. I'm reading the Series of Unfortunate Events books right now, and loved the Netflix show.

:welcome: Happy to have you here!

Thank you so much! Newsies is my favorite musical of all time! I'm going to DLR in January, I'll have to look out for the King of New York instrumentals!

I'm so glad there's another Series of Unfortunate Events Fan in our mix!!!

The Rainy Reunion
July 30 cont.

I don’t actually know what my family was trying to do that day (probably unpack), but I made it a point to meet Tinker Bell while I was wearing my stitched letters that had Tink fabric on them. I made a FP+ for her and rushed to MK!

DGoxox0XsAATVTt.jpg

My first order of business?

DGoxox5XkAA9uNT.jpg

PIXIE DUST! I walked in and got pixie dusted and was finally happy. Then I still had some time before my window opened up, so I got in line to meet a special puppy.

DGoxi8eXYAAB_uz.jpg

He was so much fun and so sweet! He loved my ears. He even pointed to the little bump on the back of his head and was like, “look I’m a unicorn too!”

DGoxi8fXkAIzQKZ.jpg

PhotoPass was in love with my shirt and made me take some photos of me in front of Pluto so that she could show me what to do when I took the photo with Tink.

DGoxi8eXsAUzj88.jpg

Speaking of Tink, she was up next and I couldn’t contain my excitement!

DGoxox3XkAE_PqK.jpg

I waited maybe 5 minutes with my FP and was the first in line to see her in my set.

She looked at my shirt and frowned. “That says EAT. I like to eat pumpkin muffins!”

DGoxox3XcAErjuf.jpg

I had to explain greek letters to her.

DGoyh2BWsAAxNG1.jpg

“But what does it MEAN?” She asked.

“It means I have a special bunch of friends back on the mainland who I call sisters.” I explained.

“I have a sister!” She said.

“I know, I saw that movie!” I told her, forgetting that she doesn’t know she has movies.

“There are MOVIES about me?” She asked.

“Well, documentaries. About your adventures.”

“We should have some adventures together! I’ll bring the pumpkin muffins, what are you gonna bring?” She asked.

“I’ll bring my sisters!” I smiled.

“Sounds perfect.” She smiled.

DGoyh2DXUAEnM3l.jpg

DGoyh2BW0AAQjuw.jpg

DGoyh2EW0AEsox6.jpg

Honestly, it was the sweetest interaction I’ve ever had with Tink. She is so special to me and I’m so happy this trip was starting off on some amazing notes!

While I was in line for Pluto, I texted my family to get over to MK because the park was totally empty, and then obliged. By the time I had gotten out of Tink’s M&G, they were here!

First we took some pics on Main Street. We got some group shots, and I asked for a magic shot by myself.

DGoyn2SXgAElkHf.jpg

DGoyn2QXYAARQf9.jpg

DGoyn2PXkAENxa2.jpg

Throw what'cha know!

DGoyuw-WsAAhG2F.jpg

We made a few FP+ on my phone so that we could breeze through MK. First we went to Small World because SW is my home and I missed it. We got over there and I was so happy because one of my all-time favorite coworkers was at Small World merge and I got to catch up with him.

I LOVE my children. A pox on anyone who calls them creepy.

DGoyuxQXgAAFL3U.jpg

DGoyuxCXgAE-DEC.jpg

DGoyuxBWsAApzYw.jpg

DGoy1b9XYAAsWQf.jpg

DGoy1d4XsAE6K_Y.jpg

Another one of my favorite coworkers was at SW exit greeter, and it was really nice catching up with him and one of my old managers who came walking by. After SW, we went to Winnie the Pooh because it’s mom’s favorite ride, and I know she would have wanted to go on it at some point during the trip and there’s no time like the present. While we were getting ready to board, I made a POTC FP+, but my family wasn’t feeling it and they wanted to go back to the room. After two rides. Lame. But also, lowkey NOT lame because I kinda wanted to head back to the resort too so that I could journal today’s adventures so far and catch the club level offerings before our dinner res.

As soon as we got out of Winnie the Pooh, it started sprinkling again, so we started walking back to the hub. Then the sky OPENED UP and it was CHAOS. Mom, dad, and Grace ran back to the monorail but I ran into Starbucks (in true Kaitlyn fashion). I was soaked to the bone because none of us had ponchos and my shoes were gross and uncomfortable but I really wanted my usual order, so I stood in a relatively short line for my first snack credit of the trip, a venti caramel iced latte.

It had retreated back to sprinkling when I got out of sbux, so I went back on the boat launch. I had a boat all to myself, bless up.

DGoy1d1W0AAwYr8.jpg

After those few photo-licious hours at MK, I journaled for a little bit before getting ready to head up to the CL for appetizers before dinner.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Again, knew that the drive wasn't bad, knew that picture was taken when you first arrived back in Florida, knew you were going to get an upgrade to Club Level. Thanks for the spoilers, babe (I say it with SOOOOO much love). LOL @ your mom tho going full forward with asking for an upgrade because it was your sister's "birthday".

Omg, the TranStar bus, so triggering but making so nostalgic (especially considering what day today is). Throwback to the awesome B bus driver who would announce every stop and who I became best friends with on the journey from West Clock to Vista because I was the only one on the bus. Ah, memories.

Uggggghhhh, the Poly rooms though are so so gorj, I'm crying. I'm also dying at Moana completely crashed out on your bed in one of the pictures. :rotfl2: What a tiring life it must be being Moana of Montenui, the one who was meant to restore the heart of Te'Fiti and save the world. (RIP her always "temp" M&G)

Ok, all tea all shade but the new designs for the H20 bottles is offensive and so unmagical.

OMG MAGIC KINGDOM NIGHT I'M NOT READY I'M NOT READY I'M GOING TO CRY HALP :sad::sad::sad:

Ok lol didn't realize you updated again so you're getting another insanely long TR response and I'm predicting now there will be tears all over keyboard at the end of this because MAGIC KINGDOM :sad:

AAAHHHH IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL EVEN WHEN IT'S GLOOMY AND RAINY LIKE THE LAST DAY I WAS THERE AND SAW THE OG BETTER WELCOME SHOW FOR THE LAST TIME. I AM SOOOOOO EMOOOOO

Yay for pixie dust and it's look STUNNING with those Unicorn ears!

OMG MY BB BOY PLUTO WAS THE FIRST CHARACTER YOU MET?! I was not aware. I truly was there in spirit and omg he is actually so cute. YES YOU ARE A UNICORN PLUTO. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND MAGICAL AND HAVE YOUR OWN LITTLE HORN AND I MISS HIM SO MUCH WAHAH

Awww, you and Tink are so pretty and pure. You actually look lowkey like Vidia so that means you are actual sisters (I consider them sisters, even tho I know Periwinkle is her actual sister). Side note: I so miss your very detailed re-hashes of the convos between you and characters. I'm so happy this is back. Bless you.

Ngl kinda eyerolling at your stereotypical Sorority pose, but it's a habit (isly). All the other photos are flawless and your dad looks so confused, which makes it even better.

I'm so happy you got to see all your old CM pals at IASW. Literally can't wait to go back to WDW and just see all my Custodial pals everywhere because they all just disperse and it's beautiful like pixie dust.

Sorry, keep on bringing this TR back to myself because me. :butterfly

Ew @ rain. Yay @ Starbucks! Looking forward to your ADR review! YAY FOR DISNEY FOOD THAT MADE ME BROKE WOOHOO

P.S. Reminder that today was the day we first met each other in person and we're total sassafrasses to each other and somehow we're still best friends. Miss you!!!!!

Again, knew that the drive wasn't bad, knew that picture was taken when you first arrived back in Florida, knew you were going to get an upgrade to Club Level. Thanks for the spoilers, babe (I say it with SOOOOO much love). LOL @ your mom tho going full forward with asking for an upgrade because it was your sister's "birthday".

Omg, the TranStar bus, so triggering but making so nostalgic (especially considering what day today is). Throwback to the awesome B bus driver who would announce every stop and who I became best friends with on the journey from West Clock to Vista because I was the only one on the bus. Ah, memories.

Uggggghhhh, the Poly rooms though are so so gorj, I'm crying. I'm also dying at Moana completely crashed out on your bed in one of the pictures. :rotfl2: What a tiring life it must be being Moana of Montenui, the one who was meant to restore the heart of Te'Fiti and save the world. (RIP her always "temp" M&G)

Ok, all tea all shade but the new designs for the H20 bottles is offensive and so unmagical.

OMG MAGIC KINGDOM NIGHT I'M NOT READY I'M NOT READY I'M GOING TO CRY HALP :sad::sad::sad:

I can't wait to see what the ALL-KNOWING TIMMY has to say when the big plot twist occurs... :rolleyes1

Shoutout to traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnstaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahr we on da side of da rooooooooooooooadddddd. Also, I know exactly which B driver you're referring to and now I miss him. Omg people would get SO CONFUSED when they heard him.

I KNOW I JUST REALIZED MOANA AS I POSTED THE UPDATE AND I WAS LIKE MEEEE LMAO

Ok lol didn't realize you updated again so you're getting another insanely long TR response and I'm predicting now there will be tears all over keyboard at the end of this because MAGIC KINGDOM :sad:

AAAHHHH IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL EVEN WHEN IT'S GLOOMY AND RAINY LIKE THE LAST DAY I WAS THERE AND SAW THE OG BETTER WELCOME SHOW FOR THE LAST TIME. I AM SOOOOOO EMOOOOO

Yay for pixie dust and it's look STUNNING with those Unicorn ears!

OMG MY BB BOY PLUTO WAS THE FIRST CHARACTER YOU MET?! I was not aware. I truly was there in spirit and omg he is actually so cute. YES YOU ARE A UNICORN PLUTO. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND MAGICAL AND HAVE YOUR OWN LITTLE HORN AND I MISS HIM SO MUCH WAHAH

Awww, you and Tink are so pretty and pure. You actually look lowkey like Vidia so that means you are actual sisters (I consider them sisters, even tho I know Periwinkle is her actual sister). Side note: I so miss your very detailed re-hashes of the convos between you and characters. I'm so happy this is back. Bless you.

Ngl kinda eyerolling at your stereotypical Sorority pose, but it's a habit (isly). All the other photos are flawless and your dad looks so confused, which makes it even better.

I'm so happy you got to see all your old CM pals at IASW. Literally can't wait to go back to WDW and just see all my Custodial pals everywhere because they all just disperse and it's beautiful like pixie dust.

Sorry, keep on bringing this TR back to myself because me. :butterfly

Ew @ rain. Yay @ Starbucks! Looking forward to your ADR review! YAY FOR DISNEY FOOD THAT MADE ME BROKE WOOHOO

P.S. Reminder that today was the day we first met each other in person and we're total sassafrasses to each other and somehow we're still best friends. Miss you!!!!!

Magic Kingdom IS super pretty in the rain. Granted, getting caught in a downpour in Magic is never fun, but it IS pretty.

I LOWKEY look like Vidia?!?!????? TEA, I LOVE YOU BECAUSE VIDIA IS MY FAVORITE. Also thank you, I aim to please with my re-hashes. I didn't meet a lot of characters this trip because I didn't have a lot of time, but I'm glad you enjoy them.

Roll your eyes all you want, Timothy... or should I say ACT I VIVIAN?

tumblr_m1zd3zh3uj1qazwg7o1_500.gif

One 'Ohana ADR review, coming right up in the next update, which has already been written!

Reminder that I love you more than Tink loves pumpkin muffins and I'm so grateful for the meetup that took place a year ago tonight. ILY BABE.

My name is Kaitlyn and I'm here to bring to life the tale of my latest adventure.

I'm so excited to read along! I'm sure this is gonna be an amazing TR!

Don't bother standing next to him, if he likes your shirt he'll strike up a 25 minute conversation about where you're from and how you like WDW.

Legit sounds just like my dad, I'm sure my dad and yours would get along great, they'd just talk for hours and nothing would get done lol

For those of you who don’t know the Poly, the Hawaii building is home to the King Kamehameha Club, which is the Concierge/Club Level building of the Poly!

That's so awesome, all this magic and its only your first day! I've always wanted to try staying CL and what better place than Poly!

I'm so excited to read along! I'm sure this is gonna be an amazing TR!

Legit sounds just like my dad, I'm sure my dad and yours would get along great, they'd just talk for hours and nothing would get done lol

That's so awesome, all this magic and its only your first day! I've always wanted to try staying CL and what better place than Poly!

:welcome: I am so happy to have you here!

Honestly, we should just have a Talkative Dad convention in WDW. We could rent out the convention center in Epcot for a week and invite all of the outgoing dads of the world to come prepared with their best dad jokes and cargo shorts and they'll be halfway done with their conversations by the time it's over.

It really was a magical note to start the vacation on! I had only dreamed about the King Kamehameha Club before and I was thrilled when Katie pulled through with the pixie dust!

The First Feast
July 30 cont.
(I just want to say sorry because I feel like I'm moving fast! I tried something new this year and now I'm writing my updates in advance on a Word file. This is the last part of July 30, but there are a lot of photos and I really hope you enjoy them!)

At 5, they open up the King Kamehameha lounge for appetizers, so I headed there. I was excited to see the spread because even though it changes every day, I’ve seen reports of the wings and pot stickers from ‘Ohana popping up from time to time. They weren’t on the menu tonight, but they had some other great options!

The stars of the 5 o’clock appetizers are the sushi and hot apps, which rotate throughout the week. Tonight, there was a tiny little cucumber roll. I don’t eat sushi, so I decided to take a raincheck on them (even though they were super cute!), but I took one of each of the hot options: Hawaiian meatballs and seared mahi mahi!

enhance

enhance

The Hawaiian meatballs were more or less regular meatballs with the same sauce they use on the ‘Ohana wings. The mahi mahi was terrific! I had never tried mahi mahi before (not a fish person), but I was caught off guard because it tasted a lot like pork but with a fish texture. I really enjoyed it.

The club also has a table with kid-friendly options. They were always PB&J slices and cubed pineapple with caramel sauce.

enhance

The sides of the buffet are flanked with an assortment of cheese with various crackers and dips (at least two different types of hummus every night), and there’s always cute little sandwich squares. I know that the first night had chicken BLTs, but I can’t speak for the other nights.

enhance

There’s an assortment of wine and beer out for the adults, and of course, these beautiful coolers full of iced tea, water, lemonade, and my favorite, POG. The coolers are smartly designed because the ice, as you can see clearly in the half-full (or half-empty for all you pessimists!) water barrel, has the ice contained in a separate container that floats on top of the drinks. That way, it keeps the drinks cool without watering it down! There’s a separate tin of ice for your drinking pleasure and that’s really not too interesting as a detail, but I thought it was smart and just another one of Disney’s incredible details.

enhance

Mom, dad, and Grace came up to the club soon enough and we had some appetizers for a little bit before making our way back over to the Grand Ceremonial House. We still about two hours before we were set to be seated at ‘Ohana by the time we made our way back to the GCH, but that was fine with all of us since there’s so much to do all over the place. I took a bunch of pictures first:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Dad sat down while mom, Grace and I went to Moana Mercantile. Moana Mercantile is the secondary store upstairs. Boutiki sells all of the clothes, Polynesian resort-specific merchandise, houseware, and luxury items like jewelry and Dooney bags. Moana Mercantile is split into two sections: the sundries side that sells your medicine, odds and ends, and snacks side, and the side that sells toys. We went to the sundries side to pick up a magazine that mom wanted to buy and post on Facebook.

DGt5VySUQAAbvTi.jpg

If any of you read Woman’s World, our friend from back home was featured in a recent issue because of her incredible weight loss transition! Great job, Cathy!

We also stepped over to the toy side to look around. There was LOTS of Stitch.

enhance

enhance

Okay, I try not to buy stuffed animals on Disney trips because I have so many at home that never get any love. HOWEVER, Disney FINALLY made a Lucifer plush and I FELL IN LOVE.

enhance

Lucifer is, like, my favorite Disney villain if you consider him to be one. He’s for sure my favorite cat next to Marie. And he NEVER gets love in any merchandise! If you’ve been to Disney recently, they just added him to the line of stuffed animals with randomly long tails that they brought to the parks last year. I don’t quite understand the long tailed stuffed animals, and neither do the CMs who couldn’t figure out if you were supposed to wear the tail like a scarf or what, but I was happy to see Luci get some love. I didn’t buy him there because like I said, I try not to buy stuffed animals, but I kept him in my mind.

Mom and dad sat down to get a drink and at 8:15, I checked into our 8:20 ‘Ohana reservation. We were actually seated at 8:30, which was absolutely perfect for us. Obviously, we chose a late dinner time to see Happily Ever After from our table, and HEA was at 9 tonight so the seating delay worked in our favor.

enhance

Our seater walked us to our table and said, “Welcome back, Delia family!”. We found this at our table:

enhance

enhance

It’s the little things that Disney does really well, and remembering that we’ve been to ‘Ohana before is just one of these little things.

We were seated with our coconut bread and mixed greens, both of which were fine.

enhance

enhance

The REAL star of this show is the plate of noodles, vegetables, pot stickers, and wings. They’re just phenomenal. All of it. The noodles were a bit cold tonight, but the pot stickers and wings? Fuggedaboudit. The sauce on the wings is to die for and the pot stickers were fried perfect.

DGqIAFeXYAE0MgU.jpg

They brought out skewers shortly after—steak, chicken, and shrimp. I did not have the shrimp. I have to say, the skewers were lacking this trip. I loved them back in 2015, but the way they were seasoned this trip was a bit strong for me. I know that the skewers are hit-or-miss each time, and this time, they were a miss for this girl.

Here are the hot towels they bring to the table that make me feel fancy after eating my weight in noodles, wings and pot stickers.

DGqIAFgXgAI2Mw8.jpg

I do have to say that ‘Ohana is missing Lipoa, the sweetheart that used to walk around ‘Ohana and do the games/sing songs/other fun things. We had an older gentleman this trip, but Lipoa just emitted the hospitable vibes that the Polynesian tries to capture and nobody can replace her.

Anyway, we had a good view of HEA from our table. It was my first time seeing it, and I have to say I miss Wishes. HEA has much better pyro and it’s more fun to watch, but Wishes had a nice storyline. Also, I don’t like how long it takes Tinker Bell to fly out, and it feels like they forced her in there. She came out right at the start of Wishes and her entrance was grand and made me cry every night. HEA didn’t make me cry at all.

What DID make me cry was how good the famous ‘Ohana bread pudding was.

DGqIAFgXgAARpEc.jpg

I LOVE this stuff. I’m not a sweet/dessert bread person, but I could have eaten a pound of this stuff. It’s so sweet and delicious and the caramel sauce and ice cream compliment it perfectly. Grace also got a cute little dessert (you can see the brownies creepin on on the bread pudding pic) because it was her birthday and I couldn’t help but sneak a bite.

After our delicious dinner, mom and I still weren’t tired. There was no way we were going to MK when the park was closing in like 30 minutes, and DAK was off the table. We enjoyed the pool for about an hour until we returned to take a shower and go to sleep.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
If any of you read Woman’s World, our friend from back home was featured in a recent issue because of her incredible weight loss transition!
Low carb has been a godsend to me :worship:. Started it in March 2015 and lost 75lbs in the first year. Have been able to keep it off too, which is like a miracle for someone like me who's been dieting (and failing) since they were 8 years old!

Lucifer is, like, my favorite Disney villain if you consider him to be one.
He's one of my all-time favorites too! I love when Jaq says, "Lucifah bad! Lucifah mean!" :laughing:

What DID make me cry was how good the famous ‘Ohana bread pudding was.
I'm in the minority, because I did not enjoy the food at 'Ohana. I thought everything was too sweet :confused3. HOWEVER, the bread pudding? OHMYGODYESPLEASE!!! :love:

Low carb has been a godsend to me :worship:. Started it in March 2015 and lost 75lbs in the first year. Have been able to keep it off too, which is like a miracle for someone like me who's been dieting (and failing) since they were 8 years old!

He's one of my all-time favorites too! I love when Jaq says, "Lucifah bad! Lucifah mean!" :laughing:

I'm in the minority, because I did not enjoy the food at 'Ohana. I thought everything was too sweet :confused3. HOWEVER, the bread pudding? OHMYGODYESPLEASE!!! :love:

YOU GO GIRL for that awesome weight loss transformation! So awesome that you've been able to keep it off, let alone get it off in the first place! That's a HUGE accomplishment!

Lucifer is SERIOUSLY underrated. He brings the sass to one of the earliest Disney films!

Yeah, 'Ohana reviews are pretty much 50/50. Some people love it, others despise it. I personally have to say that our second meal was definitely not as good as our first meal.

Following along and loving your TR! You have been so lucky with the Poly upgrades! Can't wait for the rest!

Following along and loving your TR! You have been so lucky with the Poly upgrades! Can't wait for the rest!

:welcome: Thank you so much! Our family is truly fortunate to have received so much pixie dust at the Poly! I'll post another update (or two!) today!

Omg that Club Level lounge looks SOOOO delish. Ya boy likes his sushi a lot so I'd totally be down to eat that entire spread of sushi because me and I deserve it hehe It's so cool what they do for the refreshments, DISNEY WHY YOU STILL PERF NO MATTER WHAT

Love all your GCH photos! You're such a shutterbug queen.

OMG LUCIFER!!! That is honeslty amazing. I'm not as lit for Lucifer as you are, but he's underappreciated so I appreciate your appreciation of him. And yeah, when will we ever know what the point was in Disney mass-producing those long-tailed plushes? Granted I'd still buy a Lucifer one but they are odd... and being sold in the fashion that the Baby Dory plushes should've been sold. #AllTeaAllShade

Uggghhh, my mouth is watering over your Ohana dinner. I need to go back and get my Steak & Shrimp skewers on.

Omg you spilling the tea on HEA, QUEEN OF NOT BEING A SUPERFICIAL DISNEY FAN YAAAASSSS

So excited to hear about day two. Hurry up with that, will you? Thanks bae.

the Hawaii building is home to the King Kamehameha Club, which is the Concierge/Club Level building of the Poly!
Holy cow!!! That is amazing!

POG! MY LOVELY POG JUICE!
Delish!!!

We headed down there and here’s what our lovely room looked like:
Your TR makes me want to stay at the Poly sooo badly! We love the Epcot resorts so much, but we may have to give a studio a try some day!

He was so much fun and so sweet! He loved my ears. He even pointed to the little bump on the back of his head and was like, “look I’m a unicorn too!”
Love your Pluto pics! You are too adorable.

Honestly, it was the sweetest interaction I’ve ever had with Tink.
Awww!

I LOVE my children. A pox on anyone who calls them creepy.
Small World! All the love :)

was soaked to the bone because none of us had ponchos and my shoes were gross and uncomfortable
Ugh, squishy shoes are the worst!

I had a boat all to myself, bless up.
But this sounds like pure bliss!

At 5, they open up the King Kamehameha lounge for appetizers, so I headed there. I was excited to see the spread because even though it changes every day,
I'm dead. This is amazing.

What a terrific start to your trip! Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter