Newsletters

Stephie77

DH and I married at the most magical place on eart
I have seen on here that some of you guys have sent out newsletters. We are hopefully having Disney send out the save the dates in a couple of weeks :woohoo: but I feel that a newsletter might help people understand better about disney weddings and what they entail. have people done both the STDs and newsletters? if so what program on word or any other application can you use to prepare a newsletter??? any help would be sooo appreciated! thanks

Hi! I'm also in the process of making Save the Dates and Newsletters for my December wedding. It just seemed like, all of a sudden, I started getting a TON of phone calls and questions from people wondering what to do next.

Here is a our Newsletter (created in Pages - part of the iWork '09 suite for Mac):

Click Here for Downloadable PDF

498944549_nicwn-O.jpg
498944543_bpxWc-O.jpg
498944548_4tbuN-O.jpg

498944551_ZjKmN-O.jpg
498944558_LoS59-O.jpg
498944561_Q8ExR-O.jpg

498944559_jjVub-O.jpg
498944573_7jBFg-O.jpg

And our Save the Dates - a work in progress!

504303878_ruMn3-L.jpg
504303863_qHgWQ-L.jpg

504303857_hSsY9-L.jpg
504303906_S3zQ7-L.jpg
504303856_nGx7A-L.jpg

Love the STD and newsletter Andreah! I too am interested in the newletter question. Or anyone have any layouts or formats for a newsletter?

That was an AWESOME newsletter!!! I'm really jealous. I'd love to make something like that for our guests. I know we're going to be bombarded w/ questions. Did you go off of anything? What program did you use? Do you have a template?
:goodvibes
Really good job!

Mine's not finished yet. I won't be sending it out for a couple of months still. waiting to have my contract signed and all. I'm using Microsoft Publisher. I'm just using a standard template, and it's not a pretty as the newsletter posted here, but it's Microsoft they aren't known for pretty. I just sent out my Save-the-Dates, and not planning on having Disney send them as well. I know they are included, but I wanted to do something different for mine.

Here is my newsletter, it's Microsoft Publisher. I think the template is called "Banded". If you want the template, just pm me your email, I think I can figure out how to send it. I did make some slight changes since this edition that I saved in Photobucket. I sent my newsletter out right after I heard people were getting their save the dates. Hope it gives you some ideas! :goodvibes

newsletter1.jpg

newsletter12-1.jpg

newsletter13-1.jpg

newsletter14-1.jpg

newsletter15-1.jpg

newsletter16-1.jpg

newsletter17-1.jpg

newsletter18-1.jpg

Thanks to all who posted complements on our newsletter! I'd be happy to provide my source file to anyone that would like to have it and use it for their wedding. The only problem is that I used a program to create it that is only available for Mac computers. It's called Pages '09. I tried exporting it to Microsoft Word format and, unfortunately, the results weren't very good.

Anyway, if you have access to Pages and would like the file, please send me a private message containing your email address, and I will send it along to you. Otherwise, feel free to download the PDF version and use it for "inspiration".

For designing newsletters on a PC, Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Word are the best bets for most home users. If you have either of these programs, there are some free templates available at http://office.microsoft.com > Templates.

The biggest challenge we're having at this time regarding the newsletter is the printing cost. I was talking to some copy shops today and they're quoting $4.50 apiece to print them how we want (full-color on 11 x 17 glossy paper, folded and stapled booklet-style) . . . wow! I had $2.50 in mind as a budgeted amount. I have some work contacts that I'm hoping with be able to help me out with them for a little less. Just a head's up for anyone not planning to print at home!

The biggest challenge we're having at this time regarding the newsletter is the printing cost. I was talking to some copy shops today and they're quoting $4.50 apiece to print them how we want (full-color on 11 x 17 glossy paper, folded and stapled booklet-style) . . . wow! I had $2.50 in mind as a budgeted amount. I have some work contacts that I'm hoping with be able to help me out with them for a little less. Just a head's up for anyone not planning to print at home!

Holy crap! $4.50 a piece?! That's why I planned on just printing them out at home and stapling them mo-fos together. :eek:

Wow! that is a lot for printing. I would love to do email but a lot of my guests are old school and do not use the internet or email. Thanks for everyones advice! I appreciate it. :banana:

I laid out my newsletters in InDesign, but have template in Word that I have shared with other brides. If you would like me to send you the template and the copies of my newsletters just PM me your email address :goodvibes

Our first newsletter:
WeddingNewsletter4-07-07_Page_1blac.jpg

WeddingNewsletter4-07-07_Page_2-1.jpg

The second one:
WeddingNewsletter6-10-07_Page_1.jpg

WeddingNewsletter6-10-07_Page_2.jpg

WeddingNewsletter6-10-07_Page_3-1.jpg

WeddingNewsletter6-10-07_Page_4B-1.jpg

WeddingNewsletterSeptember_Page_1.jpg

WeddingNewsletterSeptember_Page_2.jpg

Newsletter_Page_1.jpg

Newsletter_Page_2.jpg

Newsletter_Page_3.jpg

Newsletter_Page_4.jpg

Newsletter_Page_5.jpg

WeddingNewsletterFebruary08_Page_1.jpg

There is a second page to this one, but my phone numbers weren't blocked out :confused3

Our final one in our welcome folders:
WeddingNewsletterWelcomeLetter_P-2.jpg

WeddingNewsletterWelcomeLetter_P-3.jpg

I also did one for my bridesmaids too:
BridesmaidNewsletterPg.1.jpg

BridesmaidNewsletter_Page_2.jpg

I laid out my newsletters in InDesign, but have template in Word that I have shared with other brides. If you would like me to send you the template and the copies of my newsletters just PM me your email address :goodvibes

Hi figmentfan

I love your newsletters :yay: I'm still earning my ears, but think I have sufficient posts to send a pm now to have you send me the template.

Hi ladies
I do not have enough posts to PM anyone could someone please send a copy to me, if you can message me it that would be great.
Thanks

Hi! I'm relatively new to this and I'm slowly learning as I go....but how do you PM someone? What do I need to do?? I'd love to do this, but I just don't know how. :confused3 Please tell me how I can do this so that I can PM the lovely ladies on this site!!! :cloud9: BTW, does PM stand for private message?? (Don't have a clue!) :rotfl: THANKS!! :goodvibes

I also forgot to mention that acwinsett, Auntpunkin, and Figmentfan814-- your newsletters are just AMAZING!!! :worship: Simply AMAZING!!! I don't know how you do it all, but it is inspirational to see such creativity and projects like these on this site!!! I'd love to have a newsletter like that if I have the time to do it!!! I'm gonna try, but there are a million things to do and so little time to do it all!!! :goodvibes THANKS for sharing!! :goodvibes

:goodvibes
I also forgot to mention that acwinsett, Auntpunkin, and Figmentfan814-- your newsletters are just AMAZING!!! :worship: Simply AMAZING!!! I don't know how you do it all, but it is inspirational to see such creativity and projects like these on this site!!! I'd love to have a newsletter like that if I have the time to do it!!! I'm gonna try, but there are a million things to do and so little time to do it all!!! :goodvibes THANKS for sharing!! :goodvibes

To send someone a PM (yup, Personal Message), you just click on their name... you will get a drop-down with a few options, one of which says send personal message. Then you can send them your email address so they can send you the newsletter. Hope that helps!

Kimmers129, thanks so much for this info!! :banana: I tried it and the only thing I get when I click on their name is to view their profile or find all posts or threads started by them....does this mean that I'm not qualified to do a PM yet? I know I'm still relatively new and I'm still earning my ears at this time. If that's the case, what do I do?? :confused3 Thanks for helping!! :goodvibes

Wait a sec!!! 50 posts must be the MAGIC number because after I sent this last message (my 50th post)...TA DA!! I checked again...and NOW the PM shows up when clicking on a person's name!! Hooraay!!!! :dance3::banana::rotfl:

Wait a sec!!! 50 posts must be the MAGIC number because after I sent this last message (my 50th post)...TA DA!! I checked again...and NOW the PM shows up when clicking on a person's name!! Hooraay!!!! :dance3::banana::rotfl:

Yay!! I'm glad it worked out for you! Those restrictions can be tricky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter