Newsletters

Hi! I'm also in the process of making Save the Dates and Newsletters for my December wedding. It just seemed like, all of a sudden, I started getting a TON of phone calls and questions from people wondering what to do next.

Here is a our Newsletter (created in Pages - part of the iWork '09 suite for Mac):

[/504303856_nGx7A-L.jpg[/IMG]

Beautiful! One great reason why to have a MAC :surfweb:

I laid out my newsletters in InDesign, but have template in Word that I have shared with other brides. If you would like me to send you the template and the copies of my newsletters just PM me your email address :goodvibes

Our first newsletter:
WeddingNewsletter4-07-07_Page_1blac.jpg

WeddingNewsletter4-07-07_Page_2-1.jpg

The second one:
WeddingNewsletter6-10-07_Page_1.jpg

WeddingNewsletter6-10-07_Page_2.jpg

WeddingNewsletter6-10-07_Page_3-1.jpg

WeddingNewsletter6-10-07_Page_4B-1.jpg

WeddingNewsletterSeptember_Page_1.jpg

WeddingNewsletterSeptember_Page_2.jpg

Newsletter_Page_1.jpg

Newsletter_Page_2.jpg

Newsletter_Page_3.jpg

Newsletter_Page_4.jpg

Newsletter_Page_5.jpg

WeddingNewsletterFebruary08_Page_1.jpg

There is a second page to this one, but my phone numbers weren't blocked out :confused3

Our final one in our welcome folders:
WeddingNewsletterWelcomeLetter_P-2.jpg

WeddingNewsletterWelcomeLetter_P-3.jpg

I also did one for my bridesmaids too:
BridesmaidNewsletterPg.1.jpg

BridesmaidNewsletter_Page_2.jpg

do you mind sharing how you got the disney font?

I laid out my newsletters in InDesign, but have template in Word that I have shared with other brides. If you would like me to send you the template and the copies of my newsletters just PM me your email address :goodvibes

Hi figmentfan

I love your newsletters :yay: I'm still earning my ears, but think I have sufficient posts to send a pm now to have you send me the template.

Hi ladies
I do not have enough posts to PM anyone could someone please send a copy to me, if you can message me it that would be great.
Thanks
I just sent both of you PMs :goodvibes

Hi! I'm relatively new to this and I'm slowly learning as I go....but how do you PM someone? What do I need to do?? I'd love to do this, but I just don't know how. :confused3 Please tell me how I can do this so that I can PM the lovely ladies on this site!!! :cloud9: BTW, does PM stand for private message?? (Don't have a clue!) :rotfl: THANKS!! :goodvibes
Now that your PM is working let me know if you want the newsleter template :thumbsup2

I also forgot to mention that acwinsett, Auntpunkin, and Figmentfan814-- your newsletters are just AMAZING!!! :worship: Simply AMAZING!!! I don't know how you do it all, but it is inspirational to see such creativity and projects like these on this site!!! I'd love to have a newsletter like that if I have the time to do it!!! I'm gonna try, but there are a million things to do and so little time to do it all!!! :goodvibes THANKS for sharing!! :goodvibes
Thank you so much! :hug: My background is in communication and I do a lot of this stuff for work, so that was an added bonus. Let me know if you need any help, I've helped a lot of brides with their newsleters.

do you mind sharing how you got the disney font?
I downloaded it almost 2 years ago now, so I don't have the exact link, but I know a lot of people have had luck finding it recently. I just did a Google search for the "Waltograph" font. I included the words "free download" too.

Here are a couple I just found that you might want to check out :surfweb:
http://download.cnet.com/Waltograph-Font/3000-2190_4-10355417.html
http://www.fontstock.net/2223/Waltograph.html
http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2272

Where can I get the "Disney" font that has been used in some of these newsletters? They look fantastic by the way, there are some creative people on here!

can you please email me the templates. I don't have enough posts to do a private message so if you can read between the lines, I have an aol account and my user name is distinespring. Thanks!

How did everyone print their newsletters? I was hoping to get them out this week but wasn't sure if I should print from home or what.

To be honest except for the first and last ones I emailed most of them as PDFs except for a few of our older guests that aren't online. Out of about 25 I usually sent out I only had to print hard copies of about 5 of them. So, I printed them off at home.

I plan on emailing mine also (except mail it to my 91 and 88 year old grandparents who still say "that inter-thing is so amazing, Oh my god to just pull up anything you want to read about right now:lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl:) once our RSVPs are in. I am almost finished with mine (thanks acwinsett, Auntpunkin, and Figmentfan814 for sending me your samples :cool1::goodvibes:thumbsup2) and will post when I am done. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

YAY - I finally figured out how to post my newsletter! I got the idea from this thread, and just ran with it - I love them!

Image001.jpg
Image0021.jpg

Image0031.jpg
Image004.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration all!

These newsletters are gorgeous! We are putting all of this info on our website, but I think the newsletter would be a good "introduction" letter, as well as necessary for those who are not internet savvy. I'm bookmarking this thread for when I need it!

Everyones newsletters are beautiful. I have a mac with pages, but I have not played with it to much, so if anyone can email me copy of their newsletter that I can open it in pages, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Sapphire_Ag at yahoo dot com

Andreah, is the program for a Mac easy to use for making the Newsletters? We're about to purchase our 1st ever Mac either tomorrow or in within the next few weeks(which we're pretty excite about). I've used Publisher plenty of times, just never a Mac. As soon as we get our new computer and plan one of 2 Bigger Weddigs(or VR, however you want o view it) I was going to make one up for DH, DS, & myself for our Cruise/WDW Trip for each day, and then when we plan the one for friends and family, I am going to make one and e-mail it to everyone and send hard copies to our loved ones w/o a computer. I'll post mine when I make ours up.

Andreah, is the program for a Mac easy to use for making the Newsletters? We're about to purchase our 1st ever Mac either tomorrow or in within the next few weeks(which we're pretty excite about). I've used Publisher plenty of times, just never a Mac. As soon as we get our new computer and plan one of 2 Bigger Weddigs(or VR, however you want o view it) I was going to make one up for DH, DS, & myself for our Cruise/WDW Trip for each day, and then when we plan the one for friends and family, I am going to make one and e-mail it to everyone and send hard copies to our loved ones w/o a computer. I'll post mine when I make ours up.

Hi Skylar!

I know your question isn't directed to me, but I have a mac as well.

I absolutely love iWorks. It takes some getting use to, but once you get the hang of it, it is really easy. Online they have tutorials, and when you open the program there will be a little page directing you to them. I really suggest watching them! They really help.

I'm currently using Numbers for my wedding notebook (you can actually delete the spreadsheet aspect and use it like OneNotes on a Windows) and Pages for the newsletter (which I got the template from on this thread).

HTH!

Thanks Disneychickforever:)! That is very helpful. I tried lookin at the sample of some of iworks from my iPhone last night when we were trying to price our our new computer(gotta love that apple gives student discounts as my DH is still a college student). We're totally fed up with Windows, and we've heard nothing but good reviews on Macs. I will most certainly be playing around with
ours when we get it to get a better feel for the operating system and making our
Newsletters on them. I think I'll be excited to
have my whole planning inspirations/binder digital again too. I appreciate your help as
it's been a little bit since I've used a Mac(only for a Video Production & Editing
Class).

Have any DCL Brides done any Newsletters?
If so how is it possible to include the
Navigators they give you on the ship, so we
can give our guests a heads up on what
kinds of shops, excursions, Castaway Cay,
etc.? I think those who have never cruised
will be more informe this way too. This will be a first DCL Cruise for us as well, so I have no idea what to expect either. Thanks everyone.

I have a question about the newsletters - when do you send them?? My wedding is May 9, 2011. Because we want to give our guests plenty of time to plan and save, we will be sending out save the dates next month. I was thinking I would mail out newsletters about a week after the save the dates go out, is that way too soon? A LOT of our guests have rarely or never been to WDW, so I think getting an organized packet of information right after they get their save the date will answer a lot of questions for them right off the bat. But is it weird that TECHNICALLY nothing is really confirmed until September? Will it be super confusing for our guests if I send out newsletters with 5/09/11, SBP, Ariel's, DP in Italy - and then come September, some of that changes?

I'm planning to do a second newsletter much closer to the wedding anyway... our wedding is on a Monday, but Nick and I plan to get to WDW about a week early so we can do fun Disney stuff with anyone who wants to come down early. Once we get closer to the date I will create a day by day "what we'll be up to" so people can join us if they want to. Can I just highlight any changes in that newsletter?

Am I completely overthinking this or what?! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter