NFL on Funnel Vision (or anywhere else)?

jktmom

Mouseketeer
Does DCL ever play NFL games on funnel vision? Is there anywhere on the ship showing NFL games?

They do get the international broadcast for many sports events, including NFL. They sometimes show bigger games on Funnelvision, but your stateroom TV will get stations that have that international broadcast (depending on whether you are at sea or in port, it will vary, and may not be available). They also show games in O'Gills. A game like the Super Bowl will be shown in several places. Depending on the itinerary, you might have good luck with them. They don't have anything like the NFL package or DIrect TV type of thing to get any game though - it will only be the national broadcast games that are picked up by the internation broadcast groups.

If its a game broadcast by ABC/ESPN (Disney owned) it's highly likely it'll be on FV, O'gills or your SR TV
If it's not on a Disney affiliated network then chances are it won't

Watching a sporting events in the Irish Pub is a lot of fun. Watching the Euros and Wimbledon on our European cruises was really memorable.

I remember evening football games being on the TVs (and a larger screen perhaps) in the Promenade Lounge before covid.

Thanks! Looking for Packer's game on 10/3. It's game of the week at 3:25 so we will keep our fingers crossed for them showing the national broadcast! :)

I remember watching a Packer game on the ship on our last cruise (in 2018)! We watched in O'Gills, so I don't know if it was also on funnel vision. It happened to be formal night, so all four of us women put on our fancy dressed (not super formal, but nice summery dresses), went to dinner, then put our Packer jerseys on over our dresses and went down to O'Gills. Got quite a few reactions in the dining room on our way out! 8-)

They did show an NFL game on Sunday night of the Dream cruise that departed on Sept 17. I didn't check to see which game.

Also showed games in the pub style bar. And there were 2 channels on the TV in the stateroom that were named something like Disney Events. Both of these channels played football games.

I remember watching a Packer game on the ship on our last cruise (in 2018)! We watched in O'Gills, so I don't know if it was also on funnel vision. It happened to be formal night, so all four of us women put on our fancy dressed (not super formal, but nice summery dresses), went to dinner, then put our Packer jerseys on over our dresses and went down to O'Gills. Got quite a few reactions in the dining room on our way out! 8-)
Was that the game in November 2018 when the Patriots won 31-17. We were on that cruise in O'Gills.:stir:

They were showing the Thursday night game last night on finnel vision. I ended up getting up and leaving the satellite feed was too spotty.

They do get the international broadcast for many sports events, including NFL. They sometimes show bigger games on Funnelvision, but your stateroom TV will get stations that have that international broadcast (depending on whether you are at sea or in port, it will vary, and may not be available). They also show games in O'Gills. A game like the Super Bowl will be shown in several places. Depending on the itinerary, you might have good luck with them. They don't have anything like the NFL package or DIrect TV type of thing to get any game though - it will only be the national broadcast games that are picked up by the internation broadcast groups.
That has changed then. It used to be the East Coast Feeds from U.S. networks, not International. Having worked at a TV station the games the networks select for various regions can be maddening. We'd find out on Tuesday what had been assigned to various parts of the country, and about half the time the West coast game was something nobody on the West coast cared about. We cruised on New Years day and they had all the bowl games on your stateroom TV, and they tried to have different games on in every bar.

Watched the 2009 Super bowl with Steelers vs Cardinals on the Magic. We were in the Cove Café (the only ones) and asked the crewmember if we could put on the game and he said he couldn't they had to leave the news station on so we walked out. We were near the pool area and an officer came running after us telling us he would put the game on for us. Just me and my wife in the Cove Café siting on the comfy couch watching football. I still remember having an Irish coffee that was the best I have ever had.

On the Fantasy this past Sunday they were playing the Chiefs/Ravens on the funnel vision .
This is so great to hear because we did a B2B on the Dream in Aug and Funnel Vision was VERY limited( like 4 movies total a day) so I hope they will be playing more stuff on there since that’s one of my fav things to do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter