No clocks in Disney Resort rooms?

tinkb

Earning My Ears
Just got back from our stay at GF and I was really thrown off that there was no clock in the room. We stayed a few years ago at POR and I don't recall the lack of clock but it's possible we didn't have one that trip either. Is this a Disney thing or just a fluke for my room. If they don't put clocks in the rooms, does anyone know why? I found it to be rather inconvenient.

Just got back from our stay at GF and I was really thrown off that there was no clock in the room. We stayed a few years ago at POR and I don't recall the lack of clock but it's possible we didn't have one that trip either. Is this a Disney thing or just a fluke for my room. If they don't put clocks in the rooms, does anyone know why? I found it to be rather inconvenient.

Sort of the trend in hotels with the proliferation of smart phones, etc. They just aren’t needed by many folks.

Not all Disney Resorts don’t have clocks. Some do, but some don’t.

Have not personally done this but I’ve read around here that you can call housekeeping from your room and request one.

When I stayed at AKL in Feb, I noticed we didn't have one. I thought it was a fluke, but apparently its a thing now. I guess most people really don't need them anymore, and the extra outlet is more valuable.

It's such a small thing, but I actually find the no clock thing pretty inconvenient. I like clocks for when I wake up in the middle of the night and want to know what time it is without having to click on my phone. I also like being able to glance at the time while I'm getting ready, again without having to mess with my phone. I'm considering bringing one from home, actually!

Right now we're at the Beach Club .....no clock. There is the time on your Disney and resort TV stations. In the morning we turn it on and mute the music.

When we stayed at Pop in September (non refurbished room) they had a clock. But once we moved to POFQ, no clock. I was prepared and had packed a battery operated clock just in case. But my sister didn’t care as she doesn’t look at the time except her phone. I like to roll over in nighttime to see if I have time to fully go back to sleep or if my alarm is about to go off.

It's such a small thing, but I actually find the no clock thing pretty inconvenient. I like clocks for when I wake up in the middle of the night and want to know what time it is without having to click on my phone. I also like being able to glance at the time while I'm getting ready, again without having to mess with my phone. I'm considering bringing one from home, actually!

I have a white noise/clock app I use on my old iPod Touch at home for an alarm clock, and when I travel, it goes with me. The app has several different alarm clock screens and it stays on all night if it’s plugged in. I stick it in the safe when I leave the room, and get it out when I return. I really prefer having my own clock to using a hotel clock.

I find it ironic that a company that expects you to know where and when you want to eat six months in advance and to schedule your rides down to one hour increments two months before you arrive should suddenly say "Hey now - who needs clocks and to worry about what time it is??" Count me in as someone who might leave on resort tv all night. Not that I wasn't doing that already.

So far my rooms have had clocks. But if it didn’t I’d request one. I also like being able to glance at a clock while in bed or across the room without having to go get my phone to find out time.

I'm the same way. I much prefer an alarm clock in the room rather than using my phone for everything (but I understand why other people find it more convenient to just use their phones). I always travel with an alarm clock regardless of where I'm going...just in case. I've read many times that a lot of hotels are taking the clocks out of their rooms, but I guess I've been lucky and haven't had a hotel room without one yet. Granted, I don't spend more than a few nights a year in hotels, but over the last year I've stayed in 4 different hotels ranging from a Comfort Suites to The Ritz Carlton and every room had a clock. The only times I've had to actually pull my own alarm clock out of my bag are when we stay in the guest room at my husband's parents or his sister's house. We've stayed in those rooms dozens of times over the last 20 years (way before smart phones existed) and neither one has ever had a clock in it. :confused3 The guest room at our house most definitely has a clock in it! :D

I prefer having a clock instead of using my phone. I started noticing a lack of clocks in several hotels and cruise ships so I got a small cheap battery powered clock on Amazon and take it when I travel. Works perfect and since it's battery powered I can take it on my cruises too.

You can request a clock and they will promptly bring one to you. I like having a clock in the room but can live without one. My phone has an always on display so I don't have to touch it to see the time...can't see the clock without my glasses anyway. :rotfl2:

The clock in my room in AS Sports was broken this Sept. I requested a replacement and was told none available. So WDW has phased out in-room clocks & some hotels have no/little inventory even for guests who request.

We use the free Nightstand app on our iPhone or iPad when we stay at any hotel. In addition to the current time it also shows the weather. The glow (which is adjustable) also serves as a nightlight.

I don't use a clock at home so would never use one at a hotel either. I don't think I would even notice the absence of a clock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter