• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No clocks in Disney Resort rooms?

My phone is my alarm. I never trusted others alarm clocks nor want to figure out how to set at each new hotel. I have been messed up by lack of wake up call, and when Disney added Stitch years ago that was the last straw. Hate that guy.

Always have unplugged them so I could plug in my phone. Huge issue at hotels that aren't newly renovated is having enough plugs CLOSE to beds and in some families ... one on each side of bed for each sleeper, so clock had to go. We try to remember to pack our 6 ft charging cords to make it all work.

This is usually what we do as well, but our latest room at BWV had NO USB ports, and the only outlets in the room for charging were either behind the beds or bureau. We had to charge in the kitchen and actually overslept on 2 days because we had closed the bedroom door and didn't hear the alarm.

Oh you know better than to taunt me. Look at that, wiggling his rear end in your face! OBNOXIOUS. And he's probably farting too. Now I won't be able to un-see that. Another Monday down the drain. :upsidedow
He's so cute though!

This is usually what we do as well, but our latest room at BWV had NO USB ports, and the only outlets in the room for charging were either behind the beds or bureau. We had to charge in the kitchen and actually overslept on 2 days because we had closed the bedroom door and didn't hear the alarm.
While USB ports are becoming more and more common in hotel rooms, we still aren't willing to count on them being there. Because of that we bring a couple of these chargers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L0KN8OS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just got back from our stay at GF and I was really thrown off that there was no clock in the room. We stayed a few years ago at POR and I don't recall the lack of clock but it's possible we didn't have one that trip either. Is this a Disney thing or just a fluke for my room. If they don't put clocks in the rooms, does anyone know why? I found it to be rather inconvenient.
There was an alarm clock in our room at All Star Sports in September.
There was an alarm clock in our room at Pop Century in June.
I think it's kind of random if there's a clock or not.

It's such a small thing, but I actually find the no clock thing pretty inconvenient. I like clocks for when I wake up in the middle of the night and want to know what time it is without having to click on my phone. I also like being able to glance at the time while I'm getting ready, again without having to mess with my phone. I'm considering bringing one from home, actually!

I bring one with me to BLT every time we go! I cannot stand turning my phone on in the middle of the night just to check the time. It's too bright and wakes me up even more.

There was an alarm clock in our room at All Star Sports in September.
There was an alarm clock in our room at Pop Century in June.
I think it's kind of random if there's a clock or not.

If someone who stayed in the room before you requested one there will be one there. They will bring one to anyone who asks and then they do not go back and remove it.

He's so cute though!

giphy.gif

Had a clock at Music last week, and it was actually the correct time!!!!

I always take my alarm clock anyway because it projects onto the ceiling. And, if I don't have a side table, I'm not fishing around on the floor for a phone. But, some of the bedside tables do have additional plugs. We also bring power strip, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter