No Fast Passes available for new Star Wars attractions?

Ms.Minnie

DIS Veteran
Yesterday was my 60 day mark to make my fast pass requests. The only attraction available for Star Wars was the original ride, the new ride didn't even appear in the section that shows no fast passes available. Isn't the new Stars Wars ride available via fast pass?

On the bright side, as of a week or so ago, I only waited 50 minutes-ish for Smuggler's Run in the middle of the day. Not so bad for a new attraction. If they do start having FPs I'm sure the line will be a lot longer...

Anyway, it's just like Star Tours without the 3D glasses and puking. 🤮 I have stories. Never going on that ride again.

and just for avoiding any confusion, the yet to open Rise of the Resistance also will not have fast passes when it opens

No indication as to when FP will be offered for either attraction in Galaxy's Edge

Thanks good to know. :yoda:

Hopefully never re fast pass till they totally re do the whole nightmare system.

At the very least until MMRR opens - then you could do that and the GE attractions in tier 1 (maybe SDD too) and rest in tier 2

Still probably need more in the park but that would be much better than what they currently have

The Galaxy's edge rides is perfect without fastpass. The line takes about 30 minutes and consistently move. Adding pastpass to this would triple the wait time. IMO the ride isn't that great unless you're the pilot. Unlike Star Tours, it's the same scenario every time.

I agree that this is showing that not having FP can result in fairly consistent "reasonable" times for rides ... But do also know some people that would never wait 30 mins for any ride and basically won't ride this until it has FP (basically they do their FP and near walk on only ) so for some this isn't ideal. But to me, for the masses, I think this is working well

Now to see what waits are for RotR if it truly is as amazing as promised

I agree that this is showing that not having FP can result in fairly consistent "reasonable" times for rides ... But do also know some people that would never wait 30 mins for any ride and basically won't ride this until it has FP (basically they do their FP and near walk on only ) so for some this isn't ideal. But to me, for the masses, I think this is working well

Now to see what waits are for RotR if it truly is as amazing as promised
I have a very vivid recollection, thanks to my dad, of our very first trip to MK. It was December of 1982, we arrived midday, got in line for Dumbo with an hour wait and then got in line for 20000 Leagues under the sea with a 90 min wait, saw the parade and left. How can I remember this when I was just 8 years old? because my dad complained about the wait time the entire day :)
Now I moved to Orlando in 1997 and started visiting the parks often starting in 1999, which is the year that fp debuted, so I actually don't remember wait times before 1999.
But people that do not do any rides above the 30 min wait time will probably never visit UOR without express. I go to UOR all the time without express and 30 to an hour is not uncommon during busier days and we have fun just fine
Being an AP Orlando resident, I selfishly hope they never add fp to MFSR and RotR

Yes, I am definitely part of the masses. Would I rather get a FP and wait less? Sure. But I also understand standby wait times get inflated and FP at Disney World is crazy competitive so I wouldn't be guaranteed it anyway. I would have to rope drop it and follow the crowds. An hour wait for a new ride is like magic. Heck, the Volcano Blast Coaster that was at King's Dominion (local theme park in my state) had longer waits when it opened. So to me an hour wait for a new ride is like manna from heaven.

@yulilin3 I really hope they don't add it either...or if they do it's way after next July when I go so that I don't have to do FP voodoo to get TSL rides and GE rides.
If they add FP before then, I'm torn, part of me wants to do GE RIGHT AWAY the other part of me goes "ugh if it has FP, I'm going to have to put it all the way at the end of the trip or drag my not quite 4 year old out of bed super early or stay super late..."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter