• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No it is not ok to Breast Feed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a rule that only good looking women could be more showy would be an ok rule for Disney??????:rotfl:

Do you have a daughter?

Yes? No?

If you have or will ever have a daughter...I hope you remember comments like the above. And protect her...at any cost.

A few points/questions I'm sure someone has already made somewhere in the previous 100 pages...

1) I honestly can not believe the inane things people get worked up over.

2) Did someone actually go to the baby/toddler/child capital of the universe and get upset they saw a baby being breastfed?

3) Was the breast attempting to assault someone? I mean, was the lady chasing anyone with her breast or attempting to harm someone with it? Was it growling at anyone?

I guess if someone was chased and attacked by a giant angry breast as a child, it could cause them to panic seeing a baby being breastfed but if just seeing an exposed, non threatening body part gets someone that upset, they probably need to talk to a professional about it.

You can't go through life only seeing things that are pleasing to your eye. Life doesn't roll that way.
Where is the tag fairy when we need her :rotfl2:

there are more places now that welcome breastfeeding and some places that do not allow it in public, have rooms where women can breastfeed their children.

Nope. Sorry, you have it perfectly wrong.

It is against the law to forbid breastfeeding in public. If a place is not allowing it in public and requiring women to go to a room to breastfeed, they are in violation of said law.

Yes, breastfeeding is natural. But at the same time, there is nothing wrong with trying to be discreet.:snooty: And exposing both, is exhibitionism.

Nope. Sorry, you have it perfectly wrong.

It is against the law to forbid breastfeeding in public. If a place is not allowing it in public and requiring women to go to a room to breastfeed, they are in violation of said law.

um, no.

this is directly from the massachusetts breastfeeding coalition website:

"Massachusetts is one of only 5 states to have no breastfeeding laws protecting breastfeeding mothers and babies. The majority of states (45) have enacted legislation related to breastfeeding."

so not all states allow breastfeeding in public still and seeing that i live in massachusetts and this is what i see here, i'm not completely wrong. sorry.

actually in massachusetts, a lot of places around here have to have a "breastfeeding is welcome here" sign in their window to let women know that they don't mind that they breastfeed in their establishment. this is not generally the case, but there are some restaurants and business that do have these signs. the rest do not have to allow breastfeeding at all in their business, since it's not a law.

also there are no laws yet in massachusetts according to this website - the national conference of state legislators: http://www.ncsl.org/programs/health/breast50.htm

"Forty states, the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands have laws with language specifically allowing women to breastfeed in any public or private location (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Wyoming)."

Yes, breastfeeding is natural. But at the same time, there is nothing wrong with trying to be discreet.:snooty: And exposing both, is exhibitionism.

Have you ever breastfed a baby? It isn't always possible to be discreet, even when you try.
Who said anything about exposing both, go back and read the OP's last sentence.

When men have to cover up at the beach, pool or just walking down the street, then I say that you have the right to complain that a woman is "exposed" while breastfeeding! Until then, grow up, it's a completely natural thing! I would much rather have my daughter ask me about a woman feeding her baby then to ask me why that man has his "****ies" showing.

I think I exposed more stomach than **** while nursing. And people are being just plain silly talking about both ****s exposed. That's impractical to the mom as the other breast would start having let down.

Um if you don't want to see it look away. Why not try eating your dinner with a blanket over your head and see how comfortable that is for you?
I breastfed 4 children all over Disney world through the years. a baby's head is covering most of anything exposed anyway.

Times have changed. Mothers now understand the benefits and doing so is nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable but your hangups are not a mother's problem.
Break out the ****s!

I will admit that being near a breastfeeding woman makes me uncomfortable. However, the baby's right to eat trumps my ridiculous inhibitions every day of the week.

Further, one's neck has this amazing ability to turn one's head in a different direction if one doesn't like a particular view. In addition, many people have eyelids that can actually be lowered, or even muscles controlling the eye which enable it to be redirected. Amazing, isn't it?

An no, there is no comparison between urinating and breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is about children eating in the most healthful way possible. When you are complaining about a breastfeeding woman urinating in public, then you have a point, although you would have to admire her athleticism to manage.

I think I exposed more stomach than **** while nursing. And people are being just plain silly talking about both ****s exposed. That's impractical to the mom as the other breast would start having let down.
Are you saying I am lying? I have seen it and it really bothered me to see someone expose themselves completely like that. It might be impractical for you but I would imagine that their child used both sides (few minutes each) as mine did. At home in private I would just lift up my shirt and expose both because it was easier. So I get why someone would do it but I do not believe that action belongs in public for the whole world to see. If that is how one needs to do it then I suggest they bring a blanket or go in a quiet corner. Call me a prude but I do not think that is right and no one will ever convince me of that.

Please do not lump me in with another poster like JonS99. While I like some modesty while out in public I do not think like him on the rest of it. I do not think breastfeeding is nasty or dirty (I did it myself) I just don't like seeing more things than necessary. That goes for other things beyond what you see while breastfeeding too.

I will admit that being near a breastfeeding woman makes me uncomfortable. However, the baby's right to eat trumps my ridiculous inhibitions every day of the week.

Further, one's neck has this amazing ability to turn one's head in a different direction if one doesn't like a particular view. In addition, many people have eyelids that can actually be lowered, or even muscles controlling the eye which enable it to be redirected. Amazing, isn't it?

An no, there is no comparison between urinating and breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is about children eating in the most healthful way possible. When you are complaining about a breastfeeding woman urinating in public, then you have a point, although you would have to admire her athleticism to manage.

:thumbsup2

I don't think I could have said it better myself! This poster has it right - it isn't about YOU it's about a baby eating. If you don't like what's on the menu - LOOK AWAY!

Um if you don't want to see it look away. Why not try eating your dinner with a blanket over your head and see how comfortable that is for you?

I breastfed 4 children all over Disney world through the years. a baby's head is covering most of anything exposed anyway.

Times have changed. Mothers now understand the benefits and doing so is nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable but your hangups are not a mother's problem.

Break out the ****s!
::yes:: :thumbsup2

Can I add that most adult feet gross me out, but I try not to look at them and succeed 99% of the time.

Ooh, 19 pages and still no lockie! Good job everyone.

I think breast feeding is wonderful, and I have never had the opportunity to happen upon someone doing it in an innappropriate manner. So I have no complaints...except this minor one...

I had scheduled a woman for a job interview. It was for a job teaching horseback riding lessons on my farm. She showed up, and after 15 minutes of us chatting, she had to run to her car to check on her THREE WEEK OLD INFANT she had left in there. She brought the child back with her and kept it SCREAMING on her hip for the rest of the interview. When I suggested we step into my office for a moment, she sat on my office couch and breast fed the baby in front of me.

I didn't hire her.

I am coming to this thread late and have not read the whole thing so I'm sorry if this is a repeat.
I think there is quite a big difference in exposing oneself while breast feeding and just plain exposing onseself. Ususally a breastfeeding mother is not walking around with her breasts hanging out, drawing attention to herself for all to see, she's most likely sitting somewhere trying to figure out the most comfortable position to feed her child in. Contrary to what many non breast feeders think, its not always that easy to hold a hungry baby and get your breast out in a discreet manner. If she happens to expose herself while doing so, I don't see it as a big deal or as a deliberate "show". As a mother who breastfed my 3 kids, the last thing I was concerned with was how uncomfortable a person may be if they catch a glimpse of my nipple, I was more concerned with feeding my baby. Nobody forces anyone to stare at it, and if a split second glance (anything longer than that would be staring by choice) makes someone so uncomfortable that is not a problem with the breastfeeding mother, that is a problem within the "starer"

And that's fine. When I wrote that, I was thinking of posts I have seen about women who let the unused one hang out exposed, things like that. Honestly, breastfeeding really does not bother me. I have never noticed a woman breastfeeding in public, though I am sure that I have seen it and just not realized what was happening.

Just curious, have any of you been in Turtle Talk? It is a small theater with benches and then a huge open area in the front where small children can sit and talk to Crush. So why would this mom be sitting in the front and not on one of the benches? The front is sort of a stage. The whole thing only lasts about 15 minutes. Would it not have been possible for her to wait or sit on one of the benches? Even if she had small children, you can easily see the children sitting in the front from the benches. Also how could the baby relax to eat on this "stage" in front of everyone?

Do you have a daughter?

Yes? No?

If you have or will ever have a daughter...I hope you remember comments like the above. And protect her...at any cost.

Hey, if they are put out there for all to see the mom better not complain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter