No July 26 Moonlight Magic at DAK for Us

How does the extra tickets work? Do you have to add them somehow? We have one extra ticket. I booked 5, but only ended up needing 4
In your scenario, you can coordinate with somewhere on the boards that missed out; you can pull a random person in off the street; or you can do nothing and have the event be less crowded by one person. But as mentioned, your entire party needs to be together to check-in.

I suppose you can click the link in the confirmation e-mail to edit down your guests. This could give someone a shot on the 13th, but personally I wouldn’t mess around with editing anything.

I was unable to secure Moonlight Magic for July 26. My random queue position was in the high 12,000s. I waited nearly an hour before getting the SOLD OUT notification.

July 26 is literally our 25th wedding anniversary. I have an early dinner reservation at California Grill and was hoping to surprise my wife with Moonlight Magic.

I realize it's not a guarantee, but I'm still disappointed.
Same story here. I was going to take my 5 grandkids and my random q position was 14492. We tried the Moonlight for Studios, Epcot and now AK this year with no luck. Disney shouldn’t call this a ”sweepstakes” not a perk. This is just adding to the TIPPING POINT to make me come to my senses and sell DVC. It certainly isn’t what I bought 12 years ago and gets worse every day.

I book 1 bedrooms that sleep 5 for myself all the time because I never know who will go. I’d certainly snag all 5 tickets in case people join.

Yeah, but that's part of the problem isn't it?

It's a limited event. A member that books the maximum amount of guests on their room reservation, even though they don't have that many guests or family members staying with them, in order to give them away to friends or bloggers is costing another member a ticket.

I'm not saying it's against the rules, but I understand why some members are frustrated by it.

It's a limited event. A member that books the maximum amount of guests on their room reservation, even though they don't have that many guests or family members staying with them, in order to give them away to friends or bloggers is costing another member a ticket.

I'm not saying it's against the rules, but I understand why some members are frustrated by it.

If I know 100% no one can or will go, then I would not do it.

But I have plenty of friends or family who might and just can’t commit that early so I get them in case they can.

If I end up not needing them, I give them away That’s what happened last time. I gave all two I had because my girls couldn’t make it after all.

I get frustrating but I don’t see it as costing anyone because plenty of members are getting them for family and friends

Last edited:

Party Size Limit: Member and up to the number of guests staying in the their resort room accommodations OR up to 5 people including the member.

I booked the number of guests on my reservation (4). However, I’m sure there are others who booked the max of 5. It used to be a max of 4 (including the member).

As long as you follow the party size rules, they don’t care who you bring or who you hope to bring.

In your scenario, you can coordinate with somewhere on the boards that missed out; you can pull a random person in off the street; or you can do nothing and have the event be less crowded by one person. But as mentioned, your entire party needs to be together to check-in.

I suppose you can click the link in the confirmation e-mail to edit down your guests. This could give someone a shot on the 13th, but personally I wouldn’t mess around with editing anything.
I wouldn't mess with editing people have been saying regular rooms have been cancelled when editing as a error on Disney end. Also even if you cancel I never saw where it pops up availability

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter