*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

I'd go day-by-day, to be honest, because you won't know what it will look like until you get there. It may be you can just pull a couple of paper fastpasses for your first afternoon, and then do MaxPass for your three full days.
And yes, you will get photos for every day you purchase MP. :)
Thank you for the response! The day-by-day was what I was leaning towards, since our first day is pretty much unplanned. We can just save the “photo ops” for the next three days and spend the first day just exploring everything else.

Thank you for the response! The day-by-day was what I was leaning towards, since our first day is pretty much unplanned. We can just save the “photo ops” for the next three days and spend the first day just exploring everything else.

Once you go MP you will never want to go back. Remember that it allows you to pull from an AP instead of going there to get them and can be for either park so to me that is worth the price itself. As soon as we scan into our FP we book another one on the app right away. Even if the lines aren't crazy it's still a shorter walk through the FP line then regular line also.

Can Max passes be purchased when using Military discount tickets? Is this done at the ticket booth when purchasing the tickets on our first day?

Yes, you can add it for $15/day. You can do it when you purchase the ticket. Or you can add it at any time using the Disneyland app on your smartphone.

Because you have to scan your ticket into the the Disneyland app anyway (because that's how you use MaxPass), it kind of makes sense to also just add it that way. It doesn't save you any money to add it upfront when you buy your passes, and by adding it daily, it gives you the option to skip a day and save the money if you find it's not for you, or if you simply don't plan to ride the attractions it's available for on a given day.

Hi all,

We have park hoppers and have purchased max pass in advance for our upcoming November trip. If we head to Disneyland first thing in the morning can we get fast passes for rides at DCA without actually entering DCA yet that day?

Thank you!

Yes you can book between parks but you can't immediately stack MPs. You have to wait for an approximately 90 minutes window to pass before you can book another.

When you book a FP, the app will let you know when you can book another. The longest it will be is 90 min, but it can be much sooner than that--especially early in the morning.

Yes you can book between parks but you can't immediately stack MPs. You have to wait for an approximately 90 minutes window to pass before you can book another.

Its a maximum of 90mins. It all depends on the FastPass return times.

1. You book a FastPass at 8am with a return time of 8:05am - 9:05am, since the return time is less than 30mins out, you can book your next FastPass at 8:30am or the moment you use your current FastPass.

2. You book a FastPass at 8am with a return time of 9:00am - 10:00am, since the return time is more than 30min but less than 90min away, you can book your next FastPass at 9:00am.

3. You book a FastPass at 8am with a return time of 1:00pm - 2:00pm, since the return time is more than 90min away, you can book your next FastPass at 9:30am.

You can absolutely stack FastPasses, its so easy:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190827-100141_Disneyland.jpg
    Screenshot_20190827-100141_Disneyland.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
When you chose a FP, the app will tell you when you can chose another if you're not sure. Keep booking FPs as soon as you can so they get stacked if even you're unsure if you're going to need/use them. They are so easy to modify/cancel.

Hello,
I have max pass for my upcoming vacation and was wondering how the photo pass works with that. Thanks!!

Have you used PhotoPass before without MaxPass? If so, it works the same way, except the photographer scans the code from your phone (you bring it up in the Disneyland app) instead of from the PhotoPass card.

Have you used PhotoPass before without MaxPass? If so, it works the same way, except the photographer scans the code from your phone (you bring it up in the Disneyland app) instead of from the PhotoPass card.

No, you can still scan the tickets. Your tickets are linked in the app anyway, so when they scan the PP code on the tickets, they will populate in your app automatically. We have APs and have never asked the photographer to scan our phones. I never even thought to do that. We just hand him our AP card to scan.

OP, you can hand any linked ticket that you have added Maxpass to. For on ride photos, you have to enter the code that pops up on the preview screens outside the rides. Its easiest to just take a picture of the photo and then you don't have to write down the code. In the app, click on "link photo pass photo" and it will prompt you to enter the ride specific photo code. Your photos will appear shortly after, but can sometimes take a day to arrive.

No, you can still scan the tickets.

Yes, you can use your ticket, too, if you find that more convenient. What you won't have is the PhotoPass card, which @eeyore70 may have used in the past if they purchased PhotoPass for a previous vacation. The point is that the system works the same way without it; you just scan the code from your phone (or your ticket) instead.

I'm at DL right now using the max pass. You have a code in the app that photopass photographers scan, but, some have been impatient and just Gove me a card they've scanned, but, it was easy to scan into the phone later, however it's very wasteful and Disney should tell their photographers to be a bit more patient before handing out the cards willy nilly.
With attractions it's different. Go to the screen at the end of the ride and at the top of your photo will be a code consisting of a letter and seven numbers. That is entered into the app, however, just take a photo of the code and enter it in later, much easier.
I like the max pass, once I got used to it. I had three Guardians FP one after the other and ended up with over ten passes, one after the other on both my days so far. Considering how busy the parks have been I've had no problem getting good FPs.
Quick tip. Once you gone into the park you can do FP for either park without physically being in it. I went back to my hotel and could make FP there for later on.

I'm at DL right now using the max pass. You have a code in the app that photopass photographers scan, but, some have been impatient and just Gove me a card they've scanned, but, it was easy to scan into the phone later, however it's very wasteful and Disney should tell their photographers to be a bit more patient before handing out the cards willy nilly.

A lot of people suggest taking a screenshot of the code in the app. Then when you need it, you just slide over to it, rather than messing around with the app to pull it up. That speeds things up for both you and the photographer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter