• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more bags

new bag cost $1.00 at the beach club market. Looks nice but paying for a bag ?
Did they force it already by pretending they no longer have the normal bags? Because I'm already hearing CMs in DL pressure-selling the bags by saying things along the lines of "we will no longer have bags by tomorrow", yet there's been a lot of conflicting reports to the contrary.

Did they force it already by pretending they no longer have the normal bags? Because I'm already hearing CMs in DL pressure-selling the bags by saying things along the lines of "we will no longer have bags by tomorrow", yet there's been a lot of conflicting reports to the contrary.
They said they were switching over. There are 3 sizes of the new bag. Only needed the small one. CM said the biggest bag was huge. Also said different locations would have different looking bags. The bag we got was a resort style. It is suppose to be reusable. It was quite nice. I did not ask if the old bags were still available.

They said they were switching over. There are 3 sizes of the new bag. Only needed the small one. CM said the biggest bag was huge. Also said different locations would have different looking bags. The bag we got was a resort style. It is suppose to be reusable. It was quite nice. I did not ask if the old bags were still available.
As some reports have said, it's more than likely that they're only phasing out the Castle bags and they'll only have the see-through ones, in addition to the reusables. However, I'm already getting the feeling that the way some are pushing the reusables is already going to cause some drama, despite signage promoting the reusables making no mention of a phaseout at all.

As some reports have said, it's more than likely that they're only phasing out the Castle bags and they'll only have the see-through ones, in addition to the reusables. However, I'm already getting the feeling that the way some are pushing the reusables is already going to cause some drama, despite signage promoting the reusables making no mention of a phaseout at all.

We have been getting paper bags here at the Beach Club market for most of our purchases since we arrived. Yesterday the recyclable bags were on the counter when we checked out. They asked politely if I would like to buy a recyclable bag for a dollar - no pressure. Perhaps the paper bags will remain an option.

Attachments

• EB516FCA-BB88-44CE-853F-FCAF19B9214F.jpeg
    EB516FCA-BB88-44CE-853F-FCAF19B9214F.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 14
We stopped in the Gift Shop next to the Guest Services right outside Epcot and they didn’t have plastic bags. The cast member asked if we wanted to buy a tote bag for $2.

It would be difficult to travel with tote bags to Disney.

What about paper bags with handles like Whole Foods.

Is it possible to have purchased-souvenirs held at the front of the park, to be picked up while exiting?

Buy online could probably be a good solution. A Disney app where you can scan an item at a gift shop and have it shipped home.

Is it possible to have purchased-souvenirs held at the front of the park, to be picked up while exiting?

Buy online could probably be a good solution. A Disney app where you can scan an item at a gift shop and have it shipped home.
Yes you can have items held at the front of the park.

Disney already has that app. Shop Disney Parks has been available for years now. You can scan bar codes while in the parks. You can search and order from the app as well.

Does anyone else see the irony in this? All the waste created packaging and mailing a package to avoid giving out a disposable bag with purchase and/or buying a plastic bag
No because Disney already has such an app that tons of people use.

Oh wow! Really? What’s the app? We are here in the parks. Our kids see souvenirs they wants, early in our stay, but we advise them to wait to see if there’s something else they might like more, before they commit. By the end of the trips, none of us want to return to get something we wanted earlier. It would be great if we could take pictures of items we want and at the end of our stay, pick one and order it.

No because Disney already has such an app that tons of people use.

Oh wow! Really? What’s the app? We are here in the parks. Our kids see souvenirs they wants, early in our stay, but we advise them to wait to see if there’s something else they might like more, before they commit. By the end of the trips, none of us want to return to get something we wanted earlier. It would be great if we could take pictures of items we want and at the end of our stay, pick one and order it.
I already mentioned it above. Shop Disney Parks is the app.

Does anyone else see the irony in this? All the waste created packaging and mailing a package to avoid giving out a disposable bag with purchase and/or buying a plastic bag
Yup! I've been saying this from the beginning. I'll definitely ship home more if the other option is buying/carrying around reusable bags in a theme park. I'm sure I won't be the only one. I don't think the motives here are purely to actually reduce waste -- I think this is PR-related as well -- like most companies. Which will ALL go out the window if they see a decrease in sales as a result of any of this!

Yup! I've been saying this from the beginning. I'll definitely ship home more if the other option is buying/carrying around reusable bags in a theme park. I'm sure I won't be the only one. I don't think the motives here are purely to actually reduce waste -- I think this is PR-related as well -- like most companies. Which will ALL go out the window if they see a decrease in sales as a result of any of this!

It’s definitely about increasing profits - but it can be that and good for the environment... those are the best for companies - ones that help the bottom line and are just good to do. I am sure they have done the math and those solar fields will pay for themselves over time in addition to being good for the environment (as another example)

I do hope they keep having the plastic in some form available for situations where it still is by far the best solution for a guest, but hopefully over time the vast majority of people will reduce their plastic bag use and it is a net benefit (and if Disney makes a bit more $ then so be it - i mean, they will figure out how to make more $ anyway, at least this has a side benefit to it)

It’s definitely about increasing profits - but it can be that and good for the environment... those are the best for companies - ones that help the bottom line and are just good to do. I am sure they have done the math and those solar fields will pay for themselves over time in addition to being good for the environment (as another example)

I do hope they keep having the plastic in some form available for situations where it still is by far the best solution for a guest, but hopefully over time the vast majority of people will reduce their plastic bag use and it is a net benefit (and if Disney makes a bit more $ then so be it - i mean, they will figure out how to make more $ anyway, at least this has a side benefit to it)
In my day to day life I recycle (or reuse) as much as possible. I may get plastic bags for a wide variety of things but I also either reuse those are recycle them (Wal-Mart for example has at their entrance a plastic bag recycling container). While our recycling doesn't include glass I can easily take then to multiple drop off locations for example.

I don't really see it as I need to reduce my plastic bag usage. That infers I'm doing something wrong. Far more waste is out there that companies do than little 'ole me getting a plastic bag to carry my purchases especially as non-special plastic bags get immediately recycled by me.

This is really just a way for Disney to look good given the current push for plastic-reduction in general and it will make them money since they feel like they can easily charge for reusable bags as opposed to non-reusable bags made out of different material than the plastic it is currently made out of.

Currently at 436 (excluding mine) posts about bags. I would definitely have taken the under on this bet. And would have lost in glorious fashion.

2sbeo8.jpg

:D

In my day to day life I recycle (or reuse) as much as possible. I may get plastic bags for a wide variety of things but I also either reuse those are recycle them (Wal-Mart for example has at their entrance a plastic bag recycling container). While our recycling doesn't include glass I can easily take then to multiple drop off locations for example.

I don't really see it as I need to reduce my plastic bag usage. That infers I'm doing something wrong. Far more waste is out there that companies do than little 'ole me getting a plastic bag to carry my purchases especially as non-special plastic bags get immediately recycled by me.

This is really just a way for Disney to look good given the current push for plastic-reduction in general and it will make them money since they feel like they can easily charge for reusable bags as opposed to non-reusable bags made out of different material than the plastic it is currently made out of.

Maybe you are good about reusing them but I would be surprised if the majority of them get reused vs just thrown out .... especially when they wrap up small items in a small plastic bag and then put that in a larger plastic bag, etc

OT for this actual thread but still sorta on topic. I'm wondering how Samsung for example will do with their new initiative to take out plastic in packaging from their products. A cell phone I think is fairly easy to do that while also providing structural protection of the device. A fridge? A tv? That I'm more interesting to see how they will still provide that protection of the product.

On that note though I think Disney could do a lot of that in their products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter