No More Online Payments?

tnolan

DIS Veteran
I went to make a payment on my upcoming trip on the MDE website, as I've done many times, only to find there is no longer a button that says Make Payment. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

No one (with a package at least) has that option anymore. Silly, but now you have to call.

Thanks for letting me know! That must be a very recent development; they were still accepting online payments as of two months ago, when I paid off my last trip.

Last edited:

I have to think by now they know they are bad at it. Investing more probably isn't a high priority since people send them their money anyway. ;)

Yes but think of the thousands of people they hire to answer the phone. They probably have to pay all of those people $15 to $20 per hour + benefits.

Can you imagine if Amazon had to take order over the phone? Their business would be a fraction of where it is today.

Maybe it's all vacation sites. We had a horrible time with Royal Caribbean's website! :scared1:

I just added and paid for Memory Maker using AMEX via MDE this morning. Package was already paid for...

Some history:) Back when the payment button 1st came out, there was also one for a RO reservations. I actually got to use it twice on one of our trips. I made payments with a bunch of GCs (before I started combining them into 1 or 2) and it worked perfectly and I thought it was so much better then calling and reading all those GC #'s to the poor CM who had to enter them. But then about 2 months later, when I went to make my final payments, it was not there and has not been seen since:(

Even more annoying is that when I called I went through the entire automated dialogue. When I entered my credit card number I heard a strange buzz and it said there is an error and I need to talk to a person. Once that person came on the line I had to repeat every stinking thing again. Good grief. Do yourself a favor when you call and get to a person before going through all that twice.

And this is why I like using a Disney specialized TA, all I do is send her an email asking to make a payment. Takes me all of 2 sec. No frustration, phone call, dealing with menus, waiting on hold!

I called and made mine via the automated line last night, that was a very painful 20 minutes. I miss the online payment feature.

I had asked a couple of weeks ago when I called to have my room rate adjusted why there was no way to make payments online. At the time the CM told me that only packages could be paid like that - two separate entities book packages vs room only. I forget what the distinction is - they can see each other's information, but only one accepted payments online. Moot now if it's not working...

Just checked in and the system upgrade they did around Thanksgiving (that corresponded with new phone apps and everyone getting new confirmation numbers) broke the payments function. Badly. No ETA on it coming back... Which is really crazy in this day and age to have to call in a payment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter