no more pj :(

You have been doing a lot of planning. I think wedding planning hits a wall at some point, and then picks back up with full steam some where around the 3 month mark with some little planning here and there in between. 5 months is coming soon, but you have time don't worry :goodvibes

So, glad to hear that you are keeping with the table decor...love it!! Good luck with finding the "extras"!!! Can't wait to hear about them.

Tracy I'm sure you are very cool! :goodvibes: I love the table section/name thing! A perfect solution to too many tables!! And the holders will perfectly support the theme! Flowers would be great with them and i'm sure if you talk to your floral planner and tell them about your theme they may have a suggestion for tweaking them to your theme!

I did cards and pockets invites too! Luckily only 12 invites- it is a little tedious! your's are beautiful though your guests will love them! Everyone has loved mine!

One last thought-dont worry about a wedding lull! I think it gets a little overwhelming, this week i wanted to change to a small escape ceremony and the heck with family:upsidedow DF has been supportive of my wild wedding emotions! Happy to say, Wedding is on as planned--no changes!

mine is saying 5 months as well!! its flying by too quick!! we are in wdw when you get married!! we fly in on the 28th aug, we have our welcome dinner on 31st at chef mickeys! i will be watching for you

5 months til you get married means 5 months til I have my baby :scared1:
okay, lets freak out together!

Ha ha! When exactly are you due? My sis is having her baby on the 26th - so I'll be going down to Miami for the csection, then driving back to Orlando for the wedding right after (I'm insane, I know!). Maybe I'll stop by your hospital after and help you out.... :rotfl2: Breathe, Amanda, Breathe!!!

I was originally due on August 20th...but after my last ultrasound they moved it up to the 16th :scared:

Hey cool video!!!
Now I can spot you when we're down at Disney next month :)

Let me know! I usually only work weekends - either at Lights Motors Action or Finding Nemo the Musical.

Hey Tracy! Just catching up on your PJ. Thats so cool you're in the video :) . We are going down for our PS in 2 weeks, I'm so excited :banana:!!! Finding Nemo the Musical is one of my favorite shows! Maybe I'll see you there!

I love your TR! I love that you're famous too, haha! I have a quick question. My fiance is considering an internship at WDW (not the college one), and I was thinking about joining him, and applying for a small job in WDW. But, his major concern is that working there you might "lose the magic" do you find this a problem? Sorry for pirate:

So, I've been seriously slacking on my Pj. Sorry. Work is just super busy and I haven't had the time. Also, because wedding planning kinda hit a wall for me. I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I seriously kinda got annoyed by the whole thing. It started out super exciting after we got engaged, and then super excited to go to my planning session. After that, I got stressed. I guess because I am looking forward to spending time with my family & friends. I'm excited that all my friends from all different parts of my life will be there for our big day. I'm excited about the reunions, the laughs, the dancing.. and I didn't realize all the silly details that we have to make decisions about. You know, the whether I want one napkin fold or another. Whether or not I want pasta on my menu. These things annoy me. I don't know why. :confused3

But anyway, after being convinced on this board to continue with my theme of the wedding with the table names - I've decided to do my tables in sections. That way I can still keep my entertainment theme and name the tables after shows we've worked on. But - here's the kicker. Since I have too many tables now, our seating cards are going to be like Broadway show tickets... and there will be sections (the show we worked on) and tables (a character or something from the show). So, for example

Joe Shmoe sitting in "Finding Nemo the Musical" section, table "Crush"
That way, I can have multiple tables within a section. So the Finding Nemo Section can have tables like: Crush, Dory, Marlin, etc... Because as cool as Sam & I are, we haven't done 30 shows at Disney!!!! Okay, maybe we're really not that cool.

What you think? And I bought some figurines at Disney, and put a wire thingy on it's back and I'm using them to hold the table names. Like this:

CIMG1239.jpg
[/IMG]

We've been working hard on trying to be creative and I think this might just work. I think for centerpieces, we might just go basic and use flower centerpieces but at least with the card holders, the theme is still there. I can't imagine coming up with 30something different centerpieces based on a show or character. That's just wayyy too much work.

Wedding Central has taken over our dining room table. Our invites are in the process of getting made (I've done about half). I mean, they're all printed out and all but I have to crop them and put them in each pocketfold. Any other brides who did this, how on earth did you survive? Making invites is awesome cuz it's so personal and you save a lot of money, but man! It's time consuming and extremely tedious! This is why I'm starting early. I do about 10 a week. I have 5 months to go. I think I'll make it! :)

That's my kitty, Jada, who needs to be involved in all the wedding projects :lmao:
CIMG1243.jpg

And another thing off the subject, If you want a little preview of things to do in Orlando, I just realized this video was online - and I'm in it! www.orlandovisitornetwork.com It's a video they play in a lot of hotels in Orlando (just not Disney ones). I'm the one in the roller coaster at the beginning :)

Tracy, I felt EXACTLY the same way about 4-5 months out! I was just looking forward to all of my favorite people being in one place at one time. The wedding details were secondary. Now that I'm 21 days away, I eat, breath and sleep wedding details! Hahaha. My point is you'll get back into it when you need to. And everything will be amazing!

Your table and placecard idea is beyond awesome! I love it!

I have a wedding central on my dining table too! Good luck with your invites. They look really great so far.

I love the video. I'm going to have to come see you in a show sometime.

I love your TR! I love that you're famous too, haha! I have a quick question. My fiance is considering an internship at WDW (not the college one), and I was thinking about joining him, and applying for a small job in WDW. But, his major concern is that working there you might "lose the magic" do you find this a problem? Sorry for pirate:

Ok I'm gonna hijack a little too and answer this. I also work for Disney. I worried about this same exact thing before I decided to take a job with Disney. Most of my days are spent in a big office building not in the parks so I have that going for me. It's like being at Disney but not really being there. However, I will say that I have lost some of the specialness that I used to feel at Disney. Some of the magic is gone for me b/c now when I'm in the parks, I'm doing work! Like Tracy though, I obviously still love Disney b/c I'm choosing to get married there. And I definitely agree with her that it's so awesome to be able to go to Disney whenever. We love date nights at Epcot! Anyways I dont regret working for Disney but I do know that I dont want to stay here when I have kids simply b/c I want it to be special for them like it was for me when we went on our family trips. Does that make sense? :)

Tracy - loving the centerpieces!!! You are putting so much thought into! I would agree that you are famous...much more famous than I! I'm so glad you stuck with the table themes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter