No more Splash Mountain during evening EMH

Maybe this will be a good thing and allow for more repairs to Splash Mountain. Lately we have noticed Splash Mountain "breaking down" more, perhaps it is due to overuse or lack of maintenance, idk.

Not too smart Disney!! Unless, of course, you are trying to phase out EMHs. And I think that may very well be the case. And they had best have something else in mind for resort guests. EMHs are a huge draw for those on a budget. They figure they'll spend a bit more and stay at a value resort vs a cheaper offsite resort and be able to use EMHs. No EMHs? Stay offsite.
I love Disney...I truly do. BUT...there are just too many weird things going on lately. Too many cuts and still high prices.

What a bad idea! I went to xmas party in Nov & it was SO hot & muggy so we rode splash mt a ton of times. sad to see it go :(

I hope they keep Tom Sawyer Island instead of Big Thunder mountain

Or Country Bear Jamboree over Space Mountain

Better idea, have all the shops open and close the rides all together. That way if you are staying on property you can shop for a couple extra hours. How about take all the extra magic hours away and have DTD open later.

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

Not too smart Disney!! Unless, of course, you are trying to phase out EMHs. And I think that may very well be the case. And they had best have something else in mind for resort guests.....

that would be my first guest. before anyone goes jumping off any cliffs, think about it, they have competition, what does the competition do?

unlimited express passes at US/IOA for onsite guests is exactly why we did a split trip in april and are doing a split trip next week. with fastpass return times being enforced, next gen queueing in the wings, the world being wireless-smart phone-internet, i would not at all be surprised if they offer some sort of fast pass advantage to onsite guests in lieu of EMH.

while Disney holds much more magic for us than US/IOA, it's hard to beat the unlimited express pass that they offer....i'm sure Disney notices and is working on a counter to it. Disney knows that keeping guests on property is a good thing for their bottom line so i'm willing to give the benefit of hte doubt that they have a master plan on this.

So disappointed at this news. We never do rope drop so we adore evening EMH. We stay until we get kicked out at whatever closing time, even if it's 2AM -3AM. Now with the hours getting shortened and now rides being cut from being open, I have to agree with previous posters, I'm wondering if they want to do away with EMH entirely

I wonder about Splash Mountain. We kept hearing that Splash Mountain was down all throughout our stay last week. I wonder if it's having problems.

We went to MK EMH twice and I was surprised at how crowded it was. I wasn't expecting quite so many people to be out that late.

We went 4 times last year and 3 times when we wanted to ride it was eithe closed for the day due to tech difficulties or we got stuck in the que for ages as the ride stopped and we had to leave the que. i am surprised it even works at all really

Oh no!!!! Splash was my favorite ride during EMH because there was never a line. :(

Plus I loved riding it at night and could go on over and over again! I guess that's part of the reason why they took it off.

So upset.

that would be my first guest. before anyone goes jumping off any cliffs, think about it, they have competition, what does the competition do?

unlimited express passes at US/IOA for onsite guests is exactly why we did a split trip in april and are doing a split trip next week. with fastpass return times being enforced, next gen queueing in the wings, the world being wireless-smart phone-internet, i would not at all be surprised if they offer some sort of fast pass advantage to onsite guests in lieu of EMH.

while Disney holds much more magic for us than US/IOA, it's hard to beat the unlimited express pass that they offer....i'm sure Disney notices and is working on a counter to it. Disney knows that keeping guests on property is a good thing for their bottom line so i'm willing to give the benefit of hte doubt that they have a master plan on this.
My only issue with that is that there are so many more resort guests at WDW vs at US/IoA. I do think that they may be doing something along the idea of x number of FPs for resort guests, or something on their room key that can be swiped at attractions.
It will be interesting to see what happens. But, Disney does seem to be getting into the habit of taking stuff away. I know that when they did away with the E-Nights, they gave us character caravans at the resorts each morning..and guests didn't stick around for that. They wanted to be in the parks. So, that was done away with and EMHs brought into play.
We shall see what happens.

IMO, this is the third (major) awful change made in the last 6 months - FP enforcement, reduction of PMEMH to 2 hours and this trade.

Splash is an attraction that actually draws people to MK, and as much as some might like the nostalgia of the Tiki room, it's not a draw.

The allure of PMEMH, especially at MK is that you are able to get on attractions with a significantly shorter wait time than you would during the day, so this trade makes zero sense - unless they are planning to try to rehab Splash while not taking it offline, working on it after regular park hours.

If you're concerned about the draw of Splash in December at midnight, then pull it seasonally, but to do it in August and September when it's still pretty hot???

When we were in disney this past November, there were 10 people in front of us when we got on line for Tiki. First time I have been to it and will probably be the last time. Waste of time!

For those of you who think maybe this is for extra maintenance, maybe they should do that during that extra hour they will have when EMH goes from 3 to 2 hours.

The only maintenance being done is to Disney's profit margin.

Maybe this will be a good thing and allow for more repairs to Splash Mountain. Lately we have noticed Splash Mountain "breaking down" more, perhaps it is due to overuse or lack of maintenance, idk.

It's not a glitch, it's a feature!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter