No more vaccine requirement

It also appears that Disney is returning to their standard cancellation policies on October 12. Or maybe they are giving you one final chance to cancel if you are uncomfortable with the removal of vaccination requirements.

yes I was glad to see that option to cancel esp since our October and November cruises are VGT. At least we have a few weeks to decide if we want to cancel both or one of the b2b cruises.

But being vaccinated is not required. So they are assuming that if you are not vaccinated you are more likely to have Covid? Which hasn't really been proven. But I guess that makes sense. I think it's to keep Safe Passage in business.

More likely they are doing whatever their lawyers tell them to do to show that they are taking due caution so they don't open themselves up to lawsuits. Other cruise lines will take more risks in this regard because they have no other way to make money.

It also appears that Disney is returning to their standard cancellation policies on October 12. Or maybe they are giving you one final chance to cancel if you are uncomfortable with the removal of vaccination requirements.
I think it's a final chance for those impacted by the change in vaccination rules to have a free "out" if they desire. Those within their penalty phase would otherwise have no option. DCL has done this each time there was a major change to vaccination rules.

The Extended Final Payment and Relaxed Cancellation Fee temporary policies are still listed as in effect for cruises through March 2023 -- unless that's what the notice refers to as "standard" policy. No idea of whether the Flexible Refund policy will disappear though but it is still showing on the website.

I have merged 2 threads here as they are on the same topic. Some replies may seem disjointed due to the timing. :)

But being vaccinated is not required. So they are assuming that if you are not vaccinated you are more likely to have Covid? Which hasn't really been proven. But I guess that makes sense. I think it's to keep Safe Passage in business.
My understanding is if one isn't vaccinated and they end up coming down with Covid during the cruise, then statistically they will be sicker than a passenger that is vaccinated. So providing a negative test will (hopefully) keep the case numbers onboard down.

My understanding is if one isn't vaccinated and they end up coming down with Covid during the cruise, then statistically they will be sicker than a passenger that is vaccinated. So providing a negative test will (hopefully) keep the case numbers onboard down.

But even then it is not super likely to end up with a severe case onboard that would need medical care. especially for the shorter cruises. Give it another 3-4 weeks and they will announce no more testing for anyone. At this rate it can't be much longer.

But even then it is not super likely to end up with a severe case onboard that would need medical care. especially for the shorter cruises. Give it another 3-4 weeks and they will announce no more testing for anyone. At this rate it can't be much longer.
I think it will be longer than 3 to 4 weeks. There is no cruise line that allows unvaccinated untested people to board.

I think it will be longer than 3 to 4 weeks. There is no cruise line that allows unvaccinated untested people to board.

I fully expect Royal or Carnival to drop it super soon. Heck royal lets you test on your own at home not watched which is basically useless and they know that.

Many also thought DLC would be months away from dropping vax requirements for 12 and over.

Pretty much every health insurance covers it for free, so yes, it is cheap.
Not really. Most insurance companies won't cover a test if it's for travel purposes.

I guess you don't really have to tell them what the tests are for if you're using at-home antigen tests, so they'll reimburse you for those. But, they probably won't pay for the proctoring.

Relative to the cruise, though, it's still pretty cheap. How much are they charging to proctor tests these days? $15-30 each?

Not really. Most insurance companies won't cover a test if it's for travel purposes.

I guess you don't really have to tell them what the tests are for if you're using at-home antigen tests, so they'll reimburse you for those. But, they probably won't pay for the proctoring.

Relative to the cruise, though, it's still pretty cheap. How much are they charging to proctor tests these days? $15-30 each?

If you go that route and do the rapid at home proctored tests, yes, you have to pay for that service. If you coordinate through your PCP or an urgent care or something, the health insurance will almost certainly cover it.

If you go that route and do the rapid at home proctored tests, yes, you have to pay for that service. If you coordinate through your PCP or an urgent care or something, the health insurance will almost certainly cover it.

No not all insurances will cover it just for travel or other recreation. Those costs are being shifted away from insurance/govt.

There is almost nothing anymore you have to test for ahead of time anymore.

Pretty much every health insurance covers it for free, so yes, it is cheap.
It's my understanding that you have to be either exposed or have symptoms for it to be covered. If you're simply testing to travel, it's on you.

It's viewed as unvaccinated more often getting sicker and more likely to require medical intervention.

If you get sick on the cruise they don't care because you will already be off the ship before getting seriously sick likely if you do.

It's my understanding that you have to be either exposed or have symptoms for it to be covered. If you're simply testing to travel, it's on you.

Exposure is even getting dicier since its hard to prove unless in immediate household and such.

This sucks, we are going with a friend who's kid turns 5 just 10 days before we cruise. I know she will get him vaccinated but no way he can be fully vaccinated before we go, so she'll have to deal with the hassle of getting him tested. He'll be the only one in our travel party that will need testing. Everyone else is vaccinated or under 5

Except under 5 can already get vaccinated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter