No one's here very short lines

DVCcurious

DIS Veteran
At 10:00 we got to Epcot and walked on soarin.

Got to mk at 9:30 last night and stayed until 1am emh without fast pass + (flight delay so we arrived after our windows). We did (in order)

Meet Mickey
Small world
Haunted mansion 3 times
Philharmagic
Meet Anna and Elsa
Speedway
Small world
Haunted mansion

That sounds like an awesome time! I'm assuming the start of the school to be the reason.... Man would I love to be able to be there during a lull in crowds. Being a teacher, we always go in August [which we love] but yes the crowds tend to be high. Have a great time!

That is great, but guess I'm not surprised as most schools have started or are just about to start. Doesn't the free dining dates start shortly, meaning many coming will push their arrival dates out to take advantage of this?

hope the weather cooperates with remnants of that storm Erica moving into Florida!

I love when the parks are empty. That's why my very first criteria before deciding when to go is "are the kids in school?". If the answer is no I don't go unless there's a reason I have to based in an event.

Last night there was also a very long thunderstorm with lots of lightening (at least at art of animation)- from around 7-9:30 at least. Lots of lightening and very heavy rain probably kept the parks empty as well. At HS today- wait time for Great movie Ride is 45 minutes rigt now. HS- not empty-

I was there last Thursday and Friday and despite showers every day that disrupted our afternoons, we had a great time. Crowds were low. Most of our fast passes weren't even needed except mine train and toy story. Everything was walk on or under 30 minutes for the big rides. Evenings were empty As the rains chased a lot of people off.

Wow, you are so lucky! I know a lot of people might have been put off because of the weather reports but you can be sure I wouldn't let that bother me unless there were VERY high winds or electricity involved. HAVE FUN!

Wow, I'd love to be able to go during low crowd times! Enjoy it!
That sounds like an awesome time! I'm assuming the start of the school to be the reason.... Man would I love to be able to be there during a lull in crowds. Being a teacher, we always go in August [which we love] but yes the crowds tend to be high. Have a great time!

I'm a teacher and we always go in August too! We got back this year on the 14th and I had to be back on the 17th. We'd love to go during the Holidays and see it all dressed up and sparkly...maybe one day! ;)

This sounds like our MNSSHP last year. We arrived and it was great weather. It started raining at around 8 PM and stopped at around 8:30-8:45 PM. MK was about as empty as I have ever seen it after the rain stopped. They did cancel the parades but still had the fireworks and trick or treating.

We got to ride:
7DWMT: 4 times
BTMRR: 6 times (without every getting off the ride)
SpaceM: 5 times
A&E Meet: 1
HM: 5 times
PP: 4 times

That was without a hurricane.. :)

It's a great time of year to go, and even better if there are some storms passing through in the afternoon. If the heat doesn't get you down, you're golden.

The guy at the front desk at Boardwalk told me it's always slow on the week of 8/30 plus he said the storm will keep locals away.

It really poured from 7-10 last night but just drizzled after 10pm. The downpour pushed out anyone who'd been there all day so there were very few people.

At midnight a&e took us 25 min total, then my wife and daughter did the dwarfs at 12:30 with a 20 min posted/10 min actual wait.

We were there from July 31 to Aug 12 and it was pretty dang busy the whole time...even with the rain we had a few of the days. Good to know that end of Aug is slow. If we do Aug again we will do the last week. We did Sept a couple of times and it was slow then too, we loved it. Though it can be HOT! Have a nice trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter