No one's here very short lines

I'm a teacher and we always go in August too! We got back this year on the 14th and I had to be back on the 17th.

We got there on August 14th and left on the 20th. I had to be back on August 26th...students started today! When I retire, it's on!!!!

It is the start of the best season. The parks have been wonderful this past week with school starting.

Last night there was also a very long thunderstorm with lots of lightening (at least at art of animation)- from around 7-9:30 at least. Lots of lightening and very heavy rain probably kept the parks empty as well. At HS today- wait time for Great movie Ride is 45 minutes rigt now. HS- not empty-

That's strange - I didn't notice crowds at all yesterday. Rockin was 20min standby and walk on single rider, and ToT was only 5 minutes, and this was at what is usually peak crowd times. If I remember correctly TSMM was only at 45 minutes.
I have noticed that GMR has had a generally high wait time recently, even when the rest of the rides have lower wait times, though I can't figure out why.

At 10:00 we got to Epcot and walked on soarin.

Got to mk at 9:30 last night and stayed until 1am emh without fast pass + (flight delay so we arrived after our windows). We did (in order)

Meet Mickey
Small world
Haunted mansion 3 times
Philharmagic
Meet Anna and Elsa
Speedway
Small world
Haunted mansion
I was there for the last seven days and every park was empty

Got here Saturday and leaving tomorrow.

Seems like each day has a busy park and empty park

Saturday MK was quite busy, today HS was very busy. 45 min wait for Movie Ride as the PP said. Animal Kingdom has been empty the weekend. Rode EE about 12x two days. Thunder Mountain was empty this morning as well and rode it 4x back to back.

Saturday 8/29/15 was short too! We walked onto Soarin, Mission Space, and The Seas with Nemo..... low low low crowds. I LOVED IT! Next year DH and I will be going the same weekend for sure. :simba:

Nice. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. I'm jealous of the crowd level & being able to do all those rides easily. Have a great and safe trip!:mickeybar:yay:

Was at Epcot on Sunday and was stunned to see 25 minute wait times posted for Test Track AND Soarin' in the middle of the afternoon. Both are typically 75+ at that point.

From what I experienced, make sure you check your wait times and plan each day accordingly.

I'd suggest skipping MK on Saturday or Sunday and check out AK or EPCOT those days.

Early morning MK yesterday was basically empty. Rode SM 4x in a row no wait and was on Carousel of Progress alone.

Seems everyone does flock to 7DMT

I would love to go this time of year, but the heat.......

We went last year at this time and the crowds were amazingly low. But the heat was killer. I told my family I wanted to come back this time every year...and they said no. Too hot. "Too sweaty" were actually the words my daughter used. Oh well.

We always go to disney the last week of August. (sometimes the 3rd week in August). Its the best time to go! Very quiet.

We went last year at this time and the crowds were amazingly low. But the heat was killer. I told my family I wanted to come back this time every year...and they said no. Too hot. "Too sweaty" were actually the words my daughter used. Oh well.

The sun wasn't bad really. Was mostly overcast each day.

Rain was also minimal. Rained/stormed Saturday night severely from 7-midnight.

Just a quick shower on Sunday afternoon as well.

The heat wasn't bad...but the humidity was pretty severe. I was pretty wet the whole time, but the AC definitely helped in the rides/shops/room.

This sounds like our MNSSHP last year. We arrived and it was great weather. It started raining at around 8 PM and stopped at around 8:30-8:45 PM. MK was about as empty as I have ever seen it after the rain stopped. They did cancel the parades but still had the fireworks and trick or treating.

We got to ride:
7DWMT: 4 times
BTMRR: 6 times (without every getting off the ride)
SpaceM: 5 times
A&E Meet: 1
HM: 5 times
PP: 4 times

That was without a hurricane.. :)

This like a Disney dream come true!

We were there 8/20-8/29. Crowds were still fairly high for our first couple of days, but really tapered off last week. I loved the low crowds we had last week, but don't know if we'll go in August again due to the weather. The heat didn't bother us too much, since we took a nap break most afternoons, but the rain was a bummer and kept us from seeing several things that we wanted to see. (Like half of AK.) If it had been just DW & I, or our kids were older, it probably wouldn't have been as big a deal, but staying in the park during a downpour with two small kids and two grandmothers in tow was just not happening. We went last year in late Sept and it rained then too, but not as much and we were luckier with it not affecting our plans.

We've been here since Aug. 16th. We haven't used or needed our fp's in the past four days. :thumbsup2
This is our sixth late Aug. trip. I don't ever remember crowds being so low right before labour day weekend.
I think it's because labour day is so late this year.

This might have something to do with the Hurricane scare that was supposed to hit the Miami area.

Here now and leaving Saturday. This is our second time going this time of the year. Both Universal and WDW parks have been fairly empty the entire week. I don't think I had to wait over 20 minutes for any ride/attraction that I did not have FP (which really weren't needed) for.

We came in on Sunday and other than some rain Monday night, it hasn't rained once! First few days were actually not even hot...sort of overcast...high 80's....now yesterday was really hot but I am absolutely amazed at how empty the parks are....have not needed my fast passes at all except for Mine Train. We just walk on rides....

we were there 8/26-9/02 and noticed the parks were empty. Less than 20 minute waits on most things, except the mine train of course. Weather wasn't bad at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter