No Poland booth at Food & Wine??

I didn't care for the Art festival. I told my hubby we'd wait a couple of years before we attempted that again. It felt like it was just slapped together (and it was) and I really wasn't impressed with the art. I was pretty bummed by how haphazard and chintzy it seemed.
That said, we went in the second week of the festival. Maybe it got better later, when they started figuring things out. Getting some of those initial bugs out.

I didn't care for the Art festival. I told my hubby we'd wait a couple of years before we attempted that again. It felt like it was just slapped together (and it was) and I really wasn't impressed with the art. I was pretty bummed by how haphazard and chintzy it seemed.
That said, we went in the second week of the festival. Maybe it got better later, when they started figuring things out. Getting some of those initial bugs out.

That's exaclty how food and wine festival was at first...considering what they were trying for...I thought they did a good job with arts

I have a signed F&W poster hanging in my kitchen from 2000 when the dates were October 19-November 21. We've probably been 10 times with and without kids and it holds a dear place in my heart. But, last few times, I HATE that they put out so few tables. There is plenty of room where they would be out of the way, they don't have to have chairs so people don't linger, but it's gross to have to place dishes on top of a trash can. This has made us stay away the last couple of years and I honestly can't think of a reason why they do this.

I always see people commenting that the offerings are better than burgers and fries. I have yet to eat burgers and fries at World Showcase and truthfully such restaurants have gotten more and more rare at Epcot. There's decent food to be had in WS and you don't need food booths for that.

This will be a one and done quick off topic comment lol. Don't be bashing my New York Yankees broadcasting or my Yankee Stadium lol. I'm a huge Yankee fan and I think the Yankee TV broadcasting team is one of the best in business. There radio team is just ok. I also think Yankee stadium is a top notch stadium and any New Yorker knows not to get pizza at a stadium lol. As a big Yankee fan I don't hate the mets and I love your profile pic. @MissMet

Just curious...since it's come up...

How many times have people been to food and wine festival at this point?

...for research purposes...

I've gone every year since 2001 with the exception of three years.

Every year has been anywhere from three to 10 or so visits to Epcot and the Festival during my stay.

I'd much rather see an increase in focus on more cool shops. It's still possible to find things in the Epcot stores you wont easily find elsewhere.

I'd challenge you to name just one non-Disney branded thing that can be found in an Epcot shop that can't be found somewhere else for a cheaper price with a one minute internet search.

I'd challenge you to name just one non-Disney branded thing that can be found in an Epcot shop that can't be found somewhere else for a cheaper price with a one minute internet search.
Pocari Sweat, found at the Japan pavilion. I can find the powder online but not the already bottled stuff. I took 1 minute.

I have a signed F&W poster hanging in my kitchen from 2000 when the dates were October 19-November 21. We've probably been 10 times with and without kids and it holds a dear place in my heart. But, last few times, I HATE that they put out so few tables. There is plenty of room where they would be out of the way, they don't have to have chairs so people don't linger, but it's gross to have to place dishes on top of a trash can. This has made us stay away the last couple of years and I honestly can't think of a reason why they do this.
I dislike the amount of time the festival now runs. This year it starts in August. I had already planned a Labor Day trip, so I guess it works out, but it's like they're trying to hide the fact that Epcot has very few offerings by constantly having these "festivals"

Well that's a pointless challenge. You could generalize that to almost any product anywhere. I still enjoy browsing sometimes, as I might discover things I didn't think to search for an Amazon.

Well that's a pointless challenge. You could generalize that to almost any product anywhere. I still enjoy browsing sometimes, as I might discover things I didn't think to search for an Amazon.

My point is, even if you see something you didn't think to look for on Amazon, you should immediately determine via your smartphone if you can get the exact same product cheaper elsewhere. No need to pay the ridiculous Disney markup if you don't have to.

The topic is Poland at food and wine not whether you can buy something online for cheaper. Let's move on and back to the topic.

We used to go every year but like any other things the overall appeal of F&WF has certainly diminished. I don't have the great wine dinners with wonderful speakers or the wine pairing dinners every night like they used to have. It's now deteriorated into nothing more than booths from different countries and regions promoting their products. Give me the original concept back and we'll be back!

T
The topic is Poland at food and wine not whether you can buy something online for cheaper. Let's move on and back to the topic.

Let me ask one simple question.... When you are discussing things over the supper table with your family, or with your friends at school, do you admonish them to "get back on topic" if the conversation goes in another direction than it originally started out on? I'm guessing no, unless you are way more anal retentive than I think you are. So my question is, why is it any different here?

T

Let me ask one simple question.... When you are discussing things over the supper table with your family, or with your friends at school, do you admonish them to "get back on topic" if the conversation goes in another direction than it originally started out on? I'm guessing no, unless you are way more anal retentive than I think you are. So my question is, why is it any different here?
We have rules. One of those rules is to keep conversations on topic. The conversation on whether or not you can find things online for cheaper has no purpose on this thread.

T

Good lord, this crosses the line. He volunteers his time to moderate on a forum, likely agreeing to follow the rules set forth by the administrators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter